As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell my wife I said, "[chat]."

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Variable wrote:
    ToR really should have been a single player release with online co-op, but, I guess those games don't get monthly subs.

what does it lose by being all online?

By being an MMO? Having to deal with players that aren't my friends who I really don't care about. $15 monthly fee. Terrible MMO combat. (I guess they could have put terrible MMO combat into a single player game but somehow I think people would call it out on being terrible MMO combat if it was a single player game, but won't call it out in an MMO because it is par for the course.)

so more it should have been designed differently re: the combat and you don't want to play an mmo

not that I don't understand why you'd want that

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I want Battlefront III is what I want.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh hey, finally something to do at work. too bad it's trivial but oh wells. gives me something to actually charge to instead of "training".

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Honk wrote:
    Barring magic shields - kinetic energy is pretty fucking hard core.

I think we could still murder us some advanced aliens. Bring it on.

I would be willing to bet quite a large sum of money that we have already killed aliens.

I don't see many other plausible scenarios that would allow us to not be enslaved and/or obliterated by now.

thehumandignity on
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Also, totally playing my Sith right now because the guy, that was supposed to bring over the boxes so I could pack to move, is late.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I want Battlefront III is what I want.

And I want that first person Avengers game

:(

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    ToR really should have been a single player release with online co-op, but, I guess those games don't get monthly subs.

By being an MMO? Having to deal with players that aren't my friends who I really don't care about. $15 monthly fee. Terrible MMO combat. (I guess they could have put terrible MMO combat into a single player game but somehow I think people would call it out on being terrible MMO combat if it was a single player game, but won't call it out in an MMO because it is par for the course.)

so more it should have been designed differently re: the combat and you don't want to play an mmo

Well they also would have got to save a ton on server infrastructure and the like. Also the fact that almost everyone I've personally talked to who has an interest in the game plans to either play it singleplayer, or play through one or two storylines with a core group of friends. No one I've talked to really cares about the end game and plan to try to, if possible, see all the story content they want to before they have to pay any sub fees. But that's just people I've talked to myself.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if French Girl's mum specifically bought me a rolling pin and a whisk for Christmas because the French words are dog fuckers to pronounce. All part of their evil mind games.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:

I would be willing to bet quite a large sum of money that we have already killed aliens.

I don't see many other plausible scenarios that would allow us to not be enslaved and/or obliterated by now.

I dunno, perhaps the fact that the universe is FUCKING HUGE and it's not easy to move around?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the day when electronic prescriptions are the standard in the UK.

They're SO convenient in Sweden.

like when my doctor called yesterday and was all "yeah you're culture's back so I'm going to prescribe you some antibiotics" "okay cool"

then I could go directly the pharmacy - show my ID and boom medicines.

This is how it is for me in the US. You can still get written perscriptions but much more common at least with my doctor is letting him know what pharmacy you use and it's all done electronically. I don't even have to show ID.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Daxon wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the day when electronic prescriptions are the standard in the UK.

like when my doctor called yesterday and was all "yeah you're culture's back so I'm going to prescribe you some antibiotics" "okay cool"

This is how it is for me in the US. You can still get written perscriptions but much more common at least with my doctor is letting him know what pharmacy you use and it's all done electronically. I don't even have to show ID.

not showing id is kinda retarded though.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    Variable wrote:

Well they also would have got to save a ton on server infrastructure and the like. Also the fact that almost everyone I've personally talked to who has an interest in the game plans to either play it singleplayer, or play through one or two storylines with a core group of friends. No one I've talked to really cares about the end game and plan to try to, if possible, see all the story content they want to before they have to pay any sub fees. But that's just people I've talked to myself.

Ive been watching the end game and it looks fun but I know I would never have the time for it.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:

I dunno, perhaps the fact that the universe is FUCKING HUGE and it's not easy to move around?

What, like there hasn't been any contact at all?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I'm wondering if French Girl's mum specifically bought me a rolling pin and a whisk for Christmas because the French words are dog fuckers to pronounce. All part of their evil mind games.
    ?
    They're actually pretty straightforward to pronounce IMO.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:

Yes, that.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote:

Well like Daxon said the universe is a big place. But on the other hand, my more favored argument is:

Regarding us not having been visited. Why do people always assume that if there are a lot of alien races - they are always thought of as much more advanced than us. Why does nobody consider that maybe we are the top doggs of technology.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

This is by far the most likely scenario, yeah.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:

Yes, that.

That's pretty far-fetched.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

not showing id is kinda retarded though.

They ask, like, birth date. I think it's probably because I've never gotten a prescription for a controlled substance.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ah the classic turn around

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Richy wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    ?

Fouet is one of those "has no strong sounds" things that you have to just let flop out of your mouth, and it sounds like a dozen other words. Rouleau à pâtisserie is less of a pain admittedly, although rouleau which ties up my tongue for some reason.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:

Yes, that.

source.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Daxon wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Honk wrote:

Yes, that.

You think that the aliens politely contacted our authorities in private and then stood by as it was covered up for a really long time? That's even more far-fetched.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Found something interesting about Scientology. Is it okay to post it here?

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I haven't been to the pharmacy in like six or seven years.

I'm totally going to go all "man up" on you bitches.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    TL,DR wrote:
    'nichu you might also just be running into a pharmacist's policy. I know the law is much stricter with narcotics (adderall, oxycontin, etc), but from working in pharmacies I know that the pharmacist has a lot of leeway in general as far as whether they want to accept or dispense a given script.

i believe it's my insurance that refuses to pony up which i guess makes more sense

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    ?

Fouet is one of those "has no strong sounds" things that you have to just let flop out of your mouth, and it sounds like a dozen other words. Rouleau à pâtisserie is less of a pain admittedly, although rouleau which ties up my tongue for some reason.

Don't overthink it. You get tangled thinking you have to say three vowels at once. Just "roo low."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    It's far fetched that we've never been visited by aliens?

The only really plausible alien life they may have made it to earth are really simple organisms on meteors that have impacted earth.

Wasn't there some stuff about finding some meteor in Antarctica that was frozen and maybe had some really basic non-earth life on it? I remember hearing about that forever ago. Can't remember for the life of me if it turned out to be real or not.

• Options
    Wait, so somebody is seriously suggesting that we've made alien contact? Why was I not made aware of this? Was it not deemed international news? Or do you mean bacteria a long time ago or something?

• Options
    Every argument of that sort fails because no variable needed is known.

Cultures we can't understand = maybe we are an exception that we at all care whether there is life elsewhere in the universe.
    Technology = maybe we are advanced but other life isn't. I think there is life in the universe but there is no reason at all to presume we are the stone age people compared to them.
    Discovering life across the vast spaces we're talking about is admittedly pretty fucking difficult.

The list goes on.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure every civilization is going to be stranded in their own little corner of space until they die out or the universe does

pretty sure

• Options
    if aliens were advanced enough to travel here, why would you assume we'd be able to kill them

it seems staggeringly unlikely that another species could be at the exact point in their development where they could travel vast distances and arrive not-dead, but not so far that defending themselves wouldn't be trivially easy

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Found something interesting about Scientology. Is it okay to post it here?

yeah go for it

• Options
    In completely unrelated news, I am so excited for the loop protection in Skullgirls.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Wait, so somebody is seriously suggesting that we've made alien contact? Why was I not made aware of this? Was it not deemed international news? Or do you mean bacteria a long time ago or something?

I saw like four of them working on the roof across the street yesterday.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

well, the somebodies are a guy with terrible hair on the discovery channel and thehumandignity

so cnn hasn't quite picked it up yet

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:

Wasn't there some stuff about finding some meteor in Antarctica that was frozen and maybe had some really basic non-earth life on it? I remember hearing about that forever ago. Can't remember for the life of me if it turned out to be real or not.

Dead alien bacteria IIRC.

You realize that had it been alive the Earth would be doomed. :twisted:

• Options
    You think that the aliens politely contacted our authorities in private and then stood by as it was covered up for a really long time? That's even more far-fetched.

No, I mean that the most likely scenario I see is that any extraterrestrial biological sapient entity that's made direct contact with humans (Direct contact meaning openly approaching non-debilitated or incapacitated humans) has probably been destroyed or captured.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

well, the somebodies are a guy with terrible hair on the discovery channel and thehumandignity

so cnn hasn't quite picked it up yet

Give that I'm a legit doctor, maybe I should become one of those TV crazies.

ALIENS ARE HERE. THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS NOW. WE CAN'T SEE THEM BECAUSE OF MOON WAVES.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    It's far fetched that we've never been visited by aliens?

The only really plausible alien life they may have made it to earth are really simple organisms on meteors that have impacted earth.

the-thing-movie-poster.jpg

This discussion has been closed.