As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

now that that's over, what are you looking forward to in 2012?

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    I also made a lot of awesome new friends in 2011, including Sara and I look forward to spend more time with them in the future.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Alt post: ask @chriswarcraft to hire you as a full time concubine

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I must admit, if we didn't have familial obligations here in the US, Mori and I would probably be looking into New Zealand or Australia right now

although

Australia does have rather nasty spiders D:

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    have a goal

have a rough plan

don't stress about the minute details of that plan, just stick to it where you can and let it slide where it must

control what you can and maneuver around what you can't

and y'all are gon' be FINE

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    I must admit, if we didn't have familial obligations here in the US, Mori and I would probably be looking into New Zealand or Australia right now

although

pffffffffft not in WA we don't

there is basically no spider in WA that can kill an adult in less than the time it takes for you to get to antivenom or to a hospital

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Wait how hard is it to move to Aussieland for a year to make a bunch fo money so I can move to Canada

Vivixenne wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Tef wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    I'm going to Kentucky in March to play the Mass Effect 3 with my friend Sara, which I am really looking forward to, as she is like my best friend and I have reasons to be extra excited for ME3.

I am also gonna find a new job sometime, or I am thinking about going back to school for something. But I'm not sure what. I might get some mechanic training? I DON'T KNOW STOP PRESSURING ME.

What do you do at the moment? You know, you could be over here earning $180k+ a year as a mechanic. Just sayin'

Right now I sit on my ass alllllllllllllllllll day.

I don't know if I'm really up for moving further from home.

I actually just realized that I probably would have NO way of watching NFL football there so...

That's not true at all! Foxtel shows some (maybe all?) NFL games live.

Probably not all, and if it's not all (meaning I can't watch my specific team) then no way. Sorry Viv. I'M SORRY.

Look, I've turned down PROMOTIONS because they wanted me to work on Sunday.

BUT JORDYN

IT'S $180,000 A YEAR

*shrug*

Not worth giving up football.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    Buttlord wrote:
    Wait how hard is it to move to Aussieland for a year to make a bunch fo money so I can move to Canada

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

(my application for this visa got approved overnight)

Jordyn wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    Tef wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    I'm going to Kentucky in March to play the Mass Effect 3 with my friend Sara, which I am really looking forward to, as she is like my best friend and I have reasons to be extra excited for ME3.

I am also gonna find a new job sometime, or I am thinking about going back to school for something. But I'm not sure what. I might get some mechanic training? I DON'T KNOW STOP PRESSURING ME.

What do you do at the moment? You know, you could be over here earning $180k+ a year as a mechanic. Just sayin'

Right now I sit on my ass alllllllllllllllllll day.

I don't know if I'm really up for moving further from home.

I actually just realized that I probably would have NO way of watching NFL football there so...

That's not true at all! Foxtel shows some (maybe all?) NFL games live.

Probably not all, and if it's not all (meaning I can't watch my specific team) then no way. Sorry Viv. I'M SORRY.

Look, I've turned down PROMOTIONS because they wanted me to work on Sunday.

BUT JORDYN

IT'S $180,000 A YEAR

*shrug*

Not worth giving up football.

I know, I was just joking.

Hot shit

Who has a couch I can sleep on

Vivixenne wrote:
    Janson wrote:

although

pffffffffft not in WA we don't

there is basically no spider in WA that can kill an adult in less than the time it takes for you to get to antivenom or to a hospital
    I read your car dashboard story!

Okay so maybe it wasn't a poisonous spider

But man, spiders in the car are one of my worst fears ever

Also I guess I'd need a real passport

I got an Enhanced License to go between here and Canada but that's it

oooh I know what I want this year

I want to get money from that lady that rear-ended me.

And then lay around on the couch in my underwear.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to Star Trek Online going free to play!

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Hey, that's a really great list, @MetroidZoid! Good luck with all of that.

What do you grow? Vegetables?

I'm not even going to try and include the various pots of perennials and stuff, succulents and annual combination pots, around the house. But last year in the garden, which is like a 8' x 28' area, I managed to squeeze in:
    Tomatoes (10 of 'em!)
    Peppers (cheating, actually they were in pots on the railroad ties bordering the garden)
    Strawberries
    Snap peas
    Potatoes (a good quarter of the garden, and so worth it)
    Cucumbers
    Squash
    Corn (failed, but this year I have plans ... oh how I have plans)
    Spinach
    Basil (eh, did not fall under the category of 'usable'. See Corn)
    salad greens

And just outside the garden, I had mini pumpkins and watermelons growing on metal arches. Well, not so much growing on them as around, because I didn't train them. This year the peppers are going in the garden, small stuff is going out (in pots where available), going to shelter the peppers with hops I have in containers already, everything gets shuffled around so they're not relying on already depleted nutrients, growing mushroom corn instead of normal ear corn (it's the kind of kernals that give you the round popcorn, like caramel corn). What else ... strawberries are going into an artsy-container, an abandoned shopping cart I'm going to line and fill with dirt. And the melon experiment did tell me that they'll grow way beyond the reach I expected them too, so they'll go up the trellis along with some more vigorous squash, and I'll forego the pumpkins. I couldn't even grow enough to satisfy my carving needs anyways. If any of you are driving through Southern Oregon this spring/summer, feel free to stop by and I'll make you some fresh salsa and we'll share a beer.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i am looking forward to getting a job that allows me to pay my rent

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I want to get my kid to sleep in his crib in his own room

And walk and talk I guess

Gonna get my certification and get a raise and be able to work from home more again

Maybe finish my book

Quoth on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular

Also this

I'm looking forward to Star Trek Online going free to play!

I'm playing it right now!

It's actually evolved into a genuinely enjoyable game (with some interface issues.)

Also this

Yes me as well!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Immediate looking-forwards of 2012:

-this weekend
    -getting over this cold
    -getting rid of this headache

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

I hate to nonconstructively post, but the idea of using Australia - pretty much the most isolated place on the planet - as the jumping off point to move to other places just makes me giggle. I mean, it shouldn't be how things work but hey, thats life and whatnot.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

I hate to nonconstructively post, but the idea of using Australia - pretty much the most isolated place on the planet - as the jumping off point to move to other places just makes me giggle. I mean, it shouldn't be how things work but hey, thats life and whatnot.

Hey man, if it works in Risk...

Buttlord wrote:

Yeah I mean

I wouldn't go direct from Australia

Just make some money and move back and then get my ass up to Canada to be with Buttlady

edited January 2012
    Australia's hungry for workers and some industries pay ridiculously well

and when you consider an almost 1:1 exchange rate between the USD and AUD

and the fact that Aussies get paid, by numbers alone, what amounts to almost DOUBLE the amount someone in the same occupation in the US would make (more than double if you're in Western Australia or working in rural Australia)

it's definitely tempting

I mean sure you'll have to pay for a higher cost of living, but your savings will go farther if you decide to take them back to the US

Vivixenne on
    I repeat

Which one of you Aussies has a couch I can sleep on while finding a place to live

Vivixenne wrote:
    Australia's hungry for workers and some industries pay ridiculously well

and when you consider an almost 1:1 exchange rate between the USD and AUD

and the fact that Aussies get paid, by numbers alone, what amounts to almost DOUBLE the amount someone in the same occupation in the US would make (more than double if you're in Western Australia or working in rural Australia)

it's definitely tempting

I mean sure you'll have to pay for a higher cost of living, but your savings will go farther if you decide to take them back to the US

hmm!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    I repeat

Which one of you Aussies has a couch I can sleep on while finding a place to live

Make that two!

Janson wrote:
    Hey, that's a really great list, @MetroidZoid! Good luck with all of that.

What do you grow? Vegetables?

I'm not even going to try and include the various pots of perennials and stuff, succulents and annual combination pots, around the house. But last year in the garden, which is like a 8' x 28' area, I managed to squeeze in:
    Tomatoes (10 of 'em!)
    Peppers (cheating, actually they were in pots on the railroad ties bordering the garden)
    Strawberries
    Snap peas
    Potatoes (a good quarter of the garden, and so worth it)
    Cucumbers
    Squash
    Corn (failed, but this year I have plans ... oh how I have plans)
    Spinach
    Basil (eh, did not fall under the category of 'usable'. See Corn)
    salad greens

And just outside the garden, I had mini pumpkins and watermelons growing on metal arches. Well, not so much growing on them as around, because I didn't train them. This year the peppers are going in the garden, small stuff is going out (in pots where available), going to shelter the peppers with hops I have in containers already, everything gets shuffled around so they're not relying on already depleted nutrients, growing mushroom corn instead of normal ear corn (it's the kind of kernals that give you the round popcorn, like caramel corn). What else ... strawberries are going into an artsy-container, an abandoned shopping cart I'm going to line and fill with dirt. And the melon experiment did tell me that they'll grow way beyond the reach I expected them too, so they'll go up the trellis along with some more vigorous squash, and I'll forego the pumpkins. I couldn't even grow enough to satisfy my carving needs anyways. If any of you are driving through Southern Oregon this spring/summer, feel free to stop by and I'll make you some fresh salsa and we'll share a beer.

Awesome! I looove home grown strawberries. And oh gosh, homemade, fresh salsa is possibly one of the best things ever (Mori's parents also grew tomatoes and made salsa!), I'd be sorely tempted to pass through for that alone!

And I can agree with more melons, fewer pumpkins.

Buttlord wrote:
    I repeat

Blake has been known to offer up our couch if you bring him alcohol.

That said this has only been offered to forumers he knows quite well.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Viv, you're making me wonder if Austal is hiring...

I'm only a little bit joking about that

I have basically nothing keeping me here besides my friends and family and they're used to me pulling up stakes with a hair up my ass

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    guys, when i die, i'm leaving my house to bear. i just decided.

this is a list of occupations that stand a decent chance of finding work in Australia, as they are acknowledged as being "in demand"

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

Usagi wrote:
    Viv, you're making me wonder if Austal is hiring...

no harm in having a look!

Melding wrote:
    guys, when i die, i'm leaving my house to bear. i just decided.

the species of bear

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    yeah the rent is okay, but my land lord is a bear to deal with.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/

(my application for this visa got approved overnight)

Oh wow I want to do this.

jkZziGc.png
    Vivixenne wrote:
    this is a list of occupations that stand a decent chance of finding work in Australia, as they are acknowledged as being "in demand"

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

!

General Electrician is on there! I can do that job!

(!)

Aussie SE++ Shantytown sounds like the best idea.