As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Well my santee has already posted in the thread about receiving the gifts, so I know they all made it. Just no gift get.

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Hypatia messaged me a couple of days ago. I think she'll be pretty clear by now who will be getting coal next year. Shame, really.

Here, I drew you another picture. ACTUALLY it's almost exactly the same picture but I'm crazy and obsessive and I never stop fiddling with things so here you go

gottagofast_color.gif

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm sure Hypatia will be unleashing the bunnies in the coming weeks.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    It is so sad that people aren't getting gifted. Who would be that much of a scrooge?!

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    I like your picture mntorankusu!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What the fuck? I know life happens and all that, but that's kind of a dick move to enter a SS and then not do your part. Unless something awful happened to that person.

And I mean, how hard can it be to stalk Lewie P's Mummy? She's Lewie P's Mom, she likes video games that don't require crazy manual dexterity, and she also likes drawing stuff; that's enough to get her something from Amazon, at least.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Reverse stalking complete!

Thanks, earthwormadam!

YAY glad you liked your package, I figured most of that stuff was a safe bet! I almost went out on a limb and got you metalocalypse stuff based of your AV, but figured too riskyyy haha. Sorry it took so long to get there, happy fuckin new year!

Wow haha you have a Yoshumitzu and a Nibbler, coolest cats ever!!!

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    WOOHOO! My post office's attempts to thwart this Santa by opening after I have to be at work and closing before I get home have been themselves thwarted by their weekend hours! Santee, from the bottom of my heart I apologize for my gift taking so long to get to you, but it is on its way!

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Reverse stalking complete!

Thanks, earthwormadam!

YAY glad you liked your package, I figured most of that stuff was a safe bet! I almost went out on a limb and got you metalocalypse stuff based of your AV, but figured too riskyyy haha. Sorry it took so long to get there, happy fuckin new year!

Wow haha you have a Yoshumitzu and a Nibbler, coolest cats ever!!!

Either works, although I am for sure more into TF2, haha. Thanks!

They are pretty cool cats. Except we jinxed ourselves as Nibbler likes to chew on everything and Yoshimitsu fucking teleports.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    [quote="mntorankusu"

gottagofast_color.gif[/quote]

it's lovely, thank you! I have very fond memories of watching LewieP playing Sonic the Hedgehog on his Sega Mastersystem when he was small - I got too stressed when playing it, and tried to use the controller like a Wiimote!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Another GiftGet.gif

The second game has arrived!
    R8kJy.jpg

I was actually about to start watching an LP of this! Thanks, @elevature!

Szechuan on
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:
    It is so sad that people aren't getting gifted. Who would be that much of a scrooge?!

Your sig image is absolutely perfect for this.

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    And I mean, how hard can it be to stalk Lewie P's Mummy?

Maybe someone was like "I'm gonna give my Santee a freakin' awesome painting!" Then got LPM and the pressure was just too much and now they've been driven insane.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    I think we should just draw a line under the lack of Santa-ness and move on now.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    @LewieP's Mummy
    Indeed! Moving right along! I'm down for pitching in a couple of extras to help out the Easter bunnies. I don't want to be one for a particular person, but I'd love to add little supplements to the gifts of those who need bunnies. ^_^ Anyone who bunnies up, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see about 'adding a little bonus'.

Willeth wrote:
    This is probably way too late to make any difference, but a portal always retains the orientation from which it was shot. Imagine a cylinder projecting from the gun barrel. No matter where you shoot it, the portal that is produced is a cross-section of that imaginary cylinder where it hits the wall. That portal's top and bottom are the same as the top and bottom of the cylinder and gun, and will remain so, and portals will always link top to top and bottom to bottom.

Because of this, when shot on a wall, the bottom of the portal will always be underneath. When shot on a floor, the bottom of the portal will always be the end towards you, and on a ceiling, the bottom will always be the end away from you.
    Heh, and my response is probably unduly late as well, but all the same. ;D
    That's precisely how I would have expected it to work. Yet at the time I tested, again, I just couldn't get it to seem to pan out that way. I'll concede to apparently being terrible, but it's not going to make me want to play Portal again. ^_^

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    We have literally over a hundred participants, many of whom volunteered to be bunnies. So I think they'll be set.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    I just got my 2nd part of my gifts! I got a bunch of posters that I will be mounting during this week and will post once that is done so they can be seen in all their glory!

Thanks The Count Of Midget Fisto!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Szechuan wrote:
    Another GiftGet.gif

R8kJy.jpg

Really is a top game this. Was a bit of a sleeper I think, not many people buying it. I loved it!

• Options
    Disco11 wrote:
    I just got my 2nd part of my gifts! I got a bunch of posters that I will be mounting during this week and will post once that is done so they can be seen in all their glory!

Thanks The Count Of Midget Fisto!

"Mounting?" Did you get artwork? Computer hardware? A... doll? D:

• Options
    ... a horse?

• Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    He probably lives with a significant other... the only way a poster goes up on our walls is if it's in a frame

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Hillean wrote:
    He probably lives with a significant other... the only way a poster goes up on our walls is if it's in a frame

And even then, probably not. I gave away all my Zelda/Mario posters from Club Nintendo to my brother, because I knew they would never find a place on my walls :(

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    Hillean wrote:

And even then, probably not. I gave away all my Zelda/Mario posters from Club Nintendo to my brother, because I knew they would never find a place on my walls :(

I feel that, those posters went to her nephew's last Christmas. Although I am getting away with the movie posters for Moon, the Indiana Jones movies, and the LOTR trilogy... framed of course :D

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    Szechuan wrote:
    Another GiftGet.gif

R8kJy.jpg

Glad it finally arrived! It's a pretty great game. I wish they'd do a sequel.

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    My gift arrived this morning. I'll post pictures as soon as I am home from work. Santa, you are a saint and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    Sorry I'm being a noob at posting working on it as we speak

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    There's no need to panic! I've been in contact with the missing Santas and as of right now the number of deadbeats is looking like it might be < 1 if all things come through.

A large number of the missing gifts look like they've been shipped internationally, so there is some corresponding lag.

That being said, there are ~11 people who haven't made a gift post with a picture yet, some of which I haven't been able to get a hold of. If you haven't posted a picture yet, please do so. If it's a digital gift, if you can find a representative image online to post, I'm sure it would make your Santa feel a lot better and less anxious! :)

• Options
    Yay! There's something on its way to me, from far, far away! My Santa isn't a deadbeat, they're just posting from a long way away. That's good news for me today, after a particularly trying day at work - 7 weeks left til I'm redundant :(

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    GiftGet.gif

So it turns out that this year I get to be the guy who neglects to post a gift get with pics and whatnot until well into January. D:
    I was bedridden from thanksgiving til after christmas, at which point I couldn't find my camera until today.

But on to the cheer!

A wild box appears!
    QlLE3.jpg

Bomb detection cat performing her duties.

bqday.jpg
    lKcR2.jpg

Oh noes! Plastic!
    uadjd.jpg

Hm, better make sure there's nothing hidden in the plastic.
    RP7cR.jpg

Ok, all clear, christmas cheer may commence!
    kJVKZ.jpg

Oh my! What could this be?
    En8nM.jpg

Bacteria ornaments!
    vdYwL.jpg

You've heard of a magic 8-ball? Well you ain't seen nothing til you've seen the magic d20!
    doJHU.jpg

'Miracle Fruit' tablets? I'm almost scared to ask.
    T7F6x.jpg

A super rad brain teaser puzzle thing called the Gordian Knot!
    vKMRZ.jpg

'Bucky Cubes', tiny itty bitty magnets that are super fun to play with.
    HA4tK.jpg

HOLY SHIT
    b0YkW.jpg

IT'S A CHESTBURSTER PLUSHIE

HOLY SHIT

So uh there was nothing to indicate who my Santa is! So whoever you are, you masked man, thank you! <3
    HOLY SHIT IT GOT ME
    i6jj7.jpg

edit oh god the pics are so huge i don't know how to fix it
    edit fixed i think

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Tee-hee. Funny enough, I know who your Santa SHOULD be, because I was originally your Santa. I'll let them confirm it though.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just realized that I neglected to post an image of my gifts received! They were digital and I'm trapped at work, so in the name of expediency, here is a swift pair to show off the big hits that I appreciate so very much!
    PAX_CardboardSamurai_blog.jpg
    i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg

That skin has seen me through a great many orcs slain!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    [/spoiler]

edit oh god the pics are so huge i don't know how to fix it

lol I can only see the edge of the boxes in every picture. That said, what was described and what I imagined was glorious

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    I took video of the unwrapping, but I havent been able to get it to work. Instead, here is an awesome compliation picture.
    XNYe5.jpg
    It was all individually wrapped with numbered packages and clues in/around the gifts, all narrated by a text-adventure game written by our wonderful Santa that I was way worse at than I'd like to admit.

Total awesome count: Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet, A Blueberry Scone Yankee Candle, Bastion, a nice USB drive that is now at my job, 2 bags of dog treats that are in my dogs' stomachs, and a neat text adventure game written by our awesome Santa. Dear forum, you may now commence with being jellymad.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    You have to smash the Gordian Knot.

edit: Also holy fuck people, shrink your images.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Paint.net has an excellent feature where you can easily shrink a picture by percentage or by pixel width or height. Please use it!

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Also the forum automatically resizes pictures to fit someone's screen as long as they aren't in spoilers.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Most image hosting services give you the option to resize images too if you don't want to download anything.

In Imgur, it has an "edit image" button above the image URLs:
    hBbfq.png

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Or don't spoiler them and the forum will resize them as soon as the page is fully loaded.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Also the forum automatically resizes pictures to fit someone's screen as long as they aren't in spoilers.

Didn't know that it didn't work in spoilers. Fixed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So are we literally missing one Santa right now? LPM?

Will there be a Martin Luther King Jr. Day miracle of no deadbeats?

YL9WnCY.png