As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] There will be NO Pass Selling Or Buying on this forum. Period

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Please be aware that there will be repercussions for attempting to sell or buy badges on these forums. All posts attempting to buy or sell passes will be deleted.

With the potential for fake badges to be bought and sold on these forums it means that there must be a crack down.

I apologize if this is inconvenient, but this is our new world

Moe Fwacky wrote:
As an addendum, posts and threads made with the purpose or implication of buying or selling passes will be met with deletion and infractions.

There will be no exceptions.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BUYING PASSES FROM SECONDARY SOURCES

I just bought a pass on craigslist / ebay, how do I know if it's legit?

If you purchase your pass from a second hand source, you are putting yourself at risk of purchasing a counterfeit pass. Second hand sources also include this forum, which is why there will no longer any pass selling or buying here.

Please remember, buying a pass from anybody except Penny-Arcade means you are potentially buying a counterfeit pass which will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the show.

I already bought my badge and now I want to apply as an Enforcer, what do I do with my badge now?

If you are accepted into the ranks of the Enforcers, this is something that can be dealt with on their forums. I can assure you, however, that Enforcers will not be left in the lurch with unneeded badges.

2l6cl2.jpg

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
heels on

• THE NINESTHE NINES Registered User regular
    Sad. I was able to make someones PAX last year when I obtained a late 3day pass and was able to sell off my individual passes (including the sold out Saturday) on the forum for the original price.

"Edamame?! You know, Soy BEANS?! Well if you dont have it why is it ON THE BOARD?! TAKE IT OFF THE BOARD!!" -Edamame Enforcer
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    I thought of a question that I'm sure will be popular considering that passes can no longer bought from the PAX Forums.

Will there be a way to validate that a pass purchased from a secondary source is legit? (i.e. Contact PA? Dispel Magic? Bite it? :) )

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2012
    Vapok wrote:
    I thought of a question that I'm sure will be popular considering that passes can no longer bought from the PAX Forums.

Will there be a way to validate that a pass purchased from a secondary source is legit? (i.e. Contact PA? Dispel Magic? Bite it? :) )

I'm fairly certain the answer to that is NO.
    So be warned: If you buy a badge from someone that ISN'T us, you run the risk of getting stuck with a counterfeit badge which will not get you into the show. We need to take a hard line stance on this this year and are ramping up anti-counterfeiting measures, so as much as it pains us, if you buy a fake badge, we won't be able to help you. So use your head, be careful, and know the risks before buying from third parties!

zerzhul on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Wow, this is really, really lame. PA gave no warning that the passes were almost sold out until Friday, which I missed. I did not expect them to sell out this fast, and now you're guaranteeing no method of attending the convention for anyone who didn't have the cash and missed it.

Also, scalped prices will probably double due to this. Awesome. I can't believe they sold out this quickly, I don't remember them going so fast last year, pretty sure I bought my pass late January or in February.

Would consider 2 1-day passes, but the price difference for 3 is just too much.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    srsizzy wrote:
    Wow, this is really, really lame. PA gave no warning that the passes were almost sold out until Friday, which I missed. I did not expect them to sell out this fast, and now you're guaranteeing no method of attending the convention for anyone who didn't have the cash and missed it.

Also, scalped prices will probably double due to this. Awesome. I can't believe they sold out this quickly, I don't remember them going so fast last year, pretty sure I bought my pass late January or in February.

PAX Prime sold out in a month. PAX is popular. Plan accordingly.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    As an addendum, posts and threads made with the purpose or implication of buying or selling passes will be met with deletion and infractions.

There will be no exceptions.

E6LkoFK.png

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    srsizzy wrote:

Also, scalped prices will probably double due to this. Awesome. I can't believe they sold out this quickly, I don't remember them going so fast last year, pretty sure I bought my pass late January or i

They did post back in Dec. if you wanted 3 days passes you should consider it. Which I took as we are getting close to selling out so I wound up buying mine the next day.

JerYnkFan on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    zerzhul wrote:
    PAX Prime sold out in a month. PAX is popular. Plan accordingly.

Pretty sure I and others planned according to what happened a year ago, when I was able to buy a 3-day pass on January 21st. w/e, next year. Two PAX's in one year is enough for me, was just trying to make it happen for friends and gave them bad advice.

JerYnkFan wrote:
    They did post back in Dec. if you wanted 3 days passes you should consider it. Which I took as we are getting close to selling out so I wound up buying mine the next day.
    Weren't they posted for sale in December? I took that as, "we are selling passes." I would take "we are selling passes very, very quickly" as a warning.

Anyways, it is what it is. I expect scalping will now be all the more prevalent, since there's no other viable avenue for getting rid of passes if you don't need them. Going on Craigslist to get rid of them and seeing them being sold for $200, who would want to bother selling them at face value? And a refund? Then no one gets use of the badge. There are ways to avoid being sold a counterfeit badge, like asking for the confirmation email before even paying. The people running the con could also find a way to help people who want to get their unused badges to other people.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, PAX grows more popular every year, and sells out sooner every year.

This means you can't go by what happens in previous years. The best bet is to buy passes as soon as possible after they go on sale and to not wait.

This is the ONLY guaranteed method of assuring your attendance at the show.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    In order to keep things tidy, I'm going to lock this thread. Please direct all pass-related discussion to the PAX East Registration Thread.

E6LkoFK.png

• heelsheels Registered User regular
    Just a heads up.

Badges have now been sent to the mailing warehouse, we will no longer be able to offer badge refunds at this time.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
This discussion has been closed.