As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360 thread

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When i am online and in a game my mic speaks every time anyone else speaks... is there any way to fix that?

Barcardi on
  • SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I beat Freebird on Hard. it was quite difficult. I'm about 1/2 way through the song list on expert. It is also, quite difficult.

So I guess its R6 Vegas time?

SkankPlaya on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was at a punk show the other day and some band started playing Freebird. I was like "NO! YOU FUCKING BASTARDS STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Some dicks took out their lighters and started to sway and cheer.

Then the band was like "Just kidding, we don't even know the words to that song"

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    SkankPlaya wrote: »
    Hey, I beat Freebird on Hard. it was quite difficult. I'm about 1/2 way through the song list on expert. It is also, quite difficult.

So I guess its R6 Vegas time?

Ooooh Skank you're so awesome!

futility on
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SA wrote: »
    I was at a punk show the other day and some band started playing Freebird. I was like "NO! YOU FUCKING BASTARDS STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Some dicks took out their lighters and started to sway and cheer.

Then the band was like "Just kidding, we don't even know the words to that song"
    i started off hating them and then ended up hating them more

Carl with a K on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Barcardi wrote: »
    When i am online and in a game my mic speaks every time anyone else speaks... is there any way to fix that?

Could be your headset volume is turned up high enough for the mic to pick up the sound from you headphone. Do you have the game set for other player's voices to go to the headset or your speakers?

Also.. I've been playing Castlevania:SOTN again and was stuck with no idea where to go. So I had to look online to see what to do and it turned out to be I had to hit a part of the floor to get to a lower room. No ingame direction to point that out, bastards. Worse yet, I remember that I was stuck at the same point when I played this years ago on the PS1. Horrible.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    SA wrote: »

IF I LEAVE HERE TOMORROW

Kusuguttai on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    IF I LEAVE HERE TOMORROW
    WOULD YOU STILL REMEMBER ME?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Manifest wrote: »
    Sometimes Defender and I are are appallingly similar.

Except I dress and act like a man.

<3

Defender on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Got the 3 red lights.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    anyone know where i can get a usb dongle for using the 360 controller on the pc?

bent on
    sig1.png
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Sometimes Defender and I are are appallingly similar.

Except I dress and act like a man.

<3

That's why I said sometimes.
    For those of you with dead 360s, how long did it take for your box to arrive?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    bent wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get a usb dongle for using the 360 controller on the pc?

gamestop

best buy

circuit city

heck, CC has a sale right now where you can buy Shadowrun for $38 and get the dongle for free

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    amazon.co.uk just seems to stock the wireless bridge, and not the sodding dongle

i'll bug the employees at GAME for one soon

bent on
    sig1.png
    edited July 2007
    Why don't you just get a play and charge kit?
    You can just use the USB cable that way, and a 3rd party one will cost you like $10.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Do the wireless pads allow you to play on the PC with the USB lead? I didn't think they did. I know on the 360, even with the lead plugged into the 360, the pad still communicates with the console via the wireless.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If you want to use the wireless 360 controller on the PC, you're going to want the wireless adaptor. It's $20.

802337b.jpg

Ranced on
  • The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The charge kit doesn't allow you to use it on the pc.

The_Dciple on
    edited July 2007
    Ranced wrote: »
    If you want to use the wireless 360 controller on the PC, you're going to want the wireless adaptor. It's $20.

802337b.jpg

cheers

bent on
    sig1.png
    edited July 2007
    The_Dciple wrote: »

Are you sure?
    It's just a wired controller at that point isn't it?
    I've never tried because I use my normal wired controller that I got used on my pc, but it seems like something that should work no problem.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I tried using the charge kit to connect the 360 controller to my Mac and it didn't work.

PC results may differ.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Dciple wrote: »

Are you sure?
    It's just a wired controller at that point isn't it?
    I've never tried because I use my normal wired controller that I got used on my pc, but it seems like something that should work no problem.

Yup, all the port really does is charge the controller. It's still sending a wireless signal.

Ranced on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Has anyone bought any of the add-on expansions for Oblivion?
    I hadn't played it in over 1/2 a year and they fixed all the cache problems, so I'm all inside it again.
    Curious to see if the expansions (not like I -NEED- them yet) are worth getting on XB live

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So have any of you guys played The Darkness yet? Is it worth renting?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Transformers game any good

you can destroy a lot of stuff

also I finally got the Master Agent achievement in Crackdown

only have a few more to go, like getting all the stunt rings, completing all races, collecting all orbs

the tough ones

Scrumtrulescent on
  • VulnoXVulnoX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Transformers game any good

you can destroy a lot of stuff

also I finally got the Master Agent achievement in Crackdown

only have a few more to go, like getting all the stunt rings, completing all races, collecting all orbs

the tough ones

We talked about it a few pages ago, Transformers pretty much sucks. No multiplayer, boring missions, only good thing is that the transforming is pretty fun and you can blast through anything.

VulnoX on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is it worth an 8 dollar rental for five days of blowing stuff up and 1000 achievement points?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i borrowed a PC copy

and even with a 360 pad

it just controls so horribly

but kicking things apart is pretty fun

not fun enough to overshadow the game's many faults

many many faults

Faricazy on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    neville wrote: »
    I hadn't played it in over 1/2 a year and they fixed all the cache problems, so I'm all inside it again.
    Curious to see if the expansions (not like I -NEED- them yet) are worth getting on XB live

If you don't have a decent PC then yes buy them both because they are excellent. :^:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »
    neville wrote: »

If you don't have a decent PC then yes buy them both because they are excellent. :^:

Well I have oblivion on the 360, so i dont reeally want to buyi t again just to play it there

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited July 2007
    Is it worth an 8 dollar rental for five days of blowing stuff up and 1000 achievement points?

$8 IS pushing it. I will just say that I got bored with it after one day. The achievement points come pretty quick though, so I guess if that is worth it to you.

Otherwise I would say try to get a 2-3 day rental at a cheaper rental place if you can. You will hate yourself less for it.

Or like, sign up for the free month of Gamefly, and get it that way.

VulnoX on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    i borrowed a PC copy

and even with a 360 pad

it just controls so horribly

but kicking things apart is pretty fun

not fun enough to overshadow the game's many faults

many many faults

so it did come out for PC

a guy asked me if it did but it's not in the computers at work

i guess it's one of those "everyone but Gamestop/EB" exclusives

Garlic Bread on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    the darkness looks like they are trying to advertise ti "edgy" youth that shop at hot topic and listen to my chemical romance

(it looks terrible is what i am trying to say)

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Borfase wrote: »
    the darkness looks like they are trying to advertise ti "edgy" youth that shop at hot topic and listen to my chemical romance

(it looks terrible is what i am trying to say)
    I totally agree.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think that I heard that it not only looked terrible but played terrible as well.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited July 2007
    i'd like to play it. i heard it's fun but short

but I'd "like" to play a lot of stuff right now and yet I don't, even though I have the time to

Garlic Bread on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Counter culture theatrics nonwithstanding, it looks pretty violent and satisfying. The reviews have been pretty good, too.

Plus:

1168442772.jpg

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    but it's starbreeze

it's bound to be fun

Faricazy on
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am so glad MS is doing Bringing it Home again for E3. Hopefully we will get some random holy shit awesome demo, Burnout Paradise or Assassin's Creed, something like that.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
    edited July 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    I am so glad MS is doing Bringing it Home again for E3. Hopefully we will get some random holy shit awesome demo, Burnout Paradise or Assassin's Creed, something like that.

I did not have a 360 for that last year, was that when they let you get any demo that had that was playable at E3 on Live?

VulnoX on
This discussion has been closed.