As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carwhore Thread

• Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Got myself a dark grey 2007 Nissan Altima with the 3.5L V6 engine. I really wish I didn't get leather seats though, because those things get so freaking hot during the summer, and I'm a sweaty pig. Pics coming, if I feel like moving my car out of the parking spot.

We have the same engine :)

Hi5 for unnecessary gas-guzzling luxuries! Worth it driving down I-95

Gotta love it.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    LoserLoser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

Loser on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't even have my permit yet

You're like 16 dude... do they have a different age for transexuals in your state or something?

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are you sure thats a GL sedan? Looking up the specs its a 2.4 v4.

http://www.automotive.com/1999/101/oldsmobile/alero/gl-sedan/727/specifications/index.html

The VIN comes up GL Sedan, and in that model year the GL came with either the 2.4 Ecotec or the 3.4 V6. The GX was the base model with the 2.4 only, and the GLS was the upper model. This got more confusing in newer model years when they introduced the GL1, GL2, etc.

Could be a difference between the model names in Canada and the US too.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wait

should I have blanked out my registration plate?

What are you going to do, INSURANCE QUOTES?

ascot on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ascot wrote: »
    wait

should I have blanked out my registration plate?

What are you going to do, INSURANCE QUOTES?

I thought those were fake toy license plates. I mean, where's the state name?!?!?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    KINGDOM OF BRITAIN

ascot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There's only one state in England.

And that's Frumpy.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Graduation present.

lexy2.jpg

Thanks for rubbing your ridiculous wealth in our faces. Your car cost 8 times more than mine. I bet I get better gas mileage though.

teg1.jpg

teg2.jpg

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There is also the state of shut up

:3

ascot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Thanks for rubbing your ridiculous wealth in our faces. Your car cost 8 times more than mine. I bet I get better gas mileage though.

teg1.jpg

teg2.jpg

Dude, driving around with blank license plates is a pretty surefire way of getting pulled over.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

I don't think you quite got what I was saying.

With traction control on or off, if I gun it and it will loose traction for a fraction of a second before regaining it.

Heres the difference, when traction control is on, it automatically applies the brakes for a solid three seconds, decreasing my speed.

With it off, I spin for a fraction of the second, and then gain traction.

I think you're confused, my car is 300 rwhp. Scarlets is about 235 with a turbo, which means lower torque, which means even less of a chance to spin the tires out for several seconds at a time. My car can't even do that.

Traction control is for when your car is spinning, or loosing traction due to driving to fast and losing control, thats why it applies the brakes, it can't tell the difference between loosing control of the vehicle, and simply giving it too much gas at the start.

So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

As it stands, it's not possible.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Dude, driving around with blank license plates is a pretty surefire way of getting pulled over.

I always carry a roll of benjamins to pay off the cops.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

With traction control on or off, if I gun it and it will loose traction for a fraction of a second before regaining it.

Heres the difference, when traction control is on, it automatically applies the brakes for a solid three seconds, decreasing my speed.

I think you're confused, my car is 300 rwhp. Scarlets is about 235 with a turbo, which means lower torque, which means even less of a chance to spin the tires out for several seconds at a time. My car can't even do that.

Traction control is for when your car is spinning, or loosing traction due to driving to fast and losing control, thats why it applies the brakes, it can't tell the difference between loosing control of the vehicle, and simply giving it too much gas at the start.

So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

yeah i'd agree that your traction control is not the same as my 200 hp fwd traction control. with it on or off, i spin the tires for a split second and then i'm gone, the only time it acts different is when i'm driving in the snow.

Loser on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    2005 VW beetle

Spoilered for bigness
    car1.jpg
    car2.jpg
    car3.jpg
    car4.jpg

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm pretty sure you can smoke the crap out of your tires with 300 hp.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    how1204_outhouse485x330.jpg

no srlsly

mustang.jpg

but really the first one

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

yeah i'd agree that your traction control is not the same as my 200 hp fwd traction control. with it on or off, i spin the tires for a split second and then i'm gone, the only time it acts different is when i'm driving in the snow.

See theres the difference, I used to drive a GLi, another FWD. And I would get wheel hop.

It's not the same as spinning the tires because the tires actually hop up a little bit. May be different in your car, but my car would actually bounce along for a few seconds.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Tech_Hunter, you're a girl, right?

ascot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Not really, my car is too heavy to not weigh the back down.

Put the same engine in my old 240sx and yes, it would have smoked the tires, but this car is actually quite heavy.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    See theres the difference, I used to drive a GLi, another FWD. And I would get wheel hop.

It's not the same as spinning the tires because the tires actually hop up a little bit. May be different in your car, but my car would actually bounce along for a few seconds.

i don't know why you would be hopping your wheels with a fwd car. sounds like it needs more ram.

Loser on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I drive one of these
    98_subaru_impreza_l_coupe.jpg

But I really wanna get one of these
    Harley_Davidson.jpg

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Put the same engine in my old 240sx and yes, it would have smoked the tires, but this car is actually quite heavy.

You may move over to the fatty thread then. 3500 lbs, what the fuck.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    My name is Rank, and I declare this thread gay.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pssh, it would prove that thread wrong, no beautiful fat asians? My cars asian, aint it?

Course it's not fat, just heavy.

I cant spell for fuck

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    No afraid not. Its a very strange scenario about how I aquired this car, but I plan on getting a GTI soon. And its a stereo type that only Girls drive bugs..its a very many car..right..right guys.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So I just got my mom's old 2000 Camry LE. Very boring, but reliable, car.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    No afraid not. Its a very strange scenario about how I aquired this car, but I plan on getting a GTI soon. And its a stereo type that only Girls drive bugs..its a very many car..right..right guys.

yeah the little vase and the flower that comes with it just screams manliness.

:P

ascot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

are you drunk?

Loser on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Pssh, it would prove that thread wrong, no beautiful fat asians? My cars asian, aint it?

I cant spell for fuck
    Damn dude, my car is asian too but it weighs 800 lbs less. It's not that much smaller either. What the crap makes the G35 weigh so much?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Drunk off the money I save on Gas, fill up every 2 weeks.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I cant spell for fuck
    Damn dude, my car is asian too but it weighs 800 lbs less. It's not that much smaller either. What the crap makes the G35 weigh so much?

Probably its much bigger engine.

Actually, its a pretty big car. It's long, and kinda wide. But it handles great.

You're driving a honda prelude, or the acura equivalent right?

They're pretty small. My friend has a honda prelude and it's a lot smaller then mine.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's an Integra GSR, the one right at the top of the page.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    05.hyundai.elantra.500.jpg

Urian on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I don't know models. Sorry.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's essentially a civic with all the nice features and a much better engine. In the same way the G35 is nothing more than a loaded 350Z with new body panels.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pretty much. I almost got a 350z, but the g35 has more room. And back seats, and back seats are nice.

Also, I just plain like the look better then the 350z.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I do too, but from what I've seen, the G35 doesn't have a real backseat. Isn't it more like one of those toddler/golf clubs back seats?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Strangely enough, except behind me, because I'm 6'5'', it's quite comfrotable for my friends. I have 2 other people in there regularly, and they don't complain. The roof is a bitch though, it's low as hell even for some of my shorter friends.

It's actually better then my old jetta.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    WiseguyWiseguy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    don't got my own car, yet. but it's cool. i'm in college and got friends with cars.

chillin' in the backseat is cool, too.

i don't really look forward to constantly getting stuck in LA traffic.

Wiseguy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]