As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i keep having to make threads like these

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh hey just looked at my post count time to hang myself

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Othello is my favorite

I am also fond of The Tempest and the Scottish play

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I take a sick pleasure out of Two Gentlemen of Verona as well, given that it is the original teen comedy.

Straightzi wrote:
    Othello is my favorite

macbeth is really great and has a lot more depth to it than earlier plays

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Hamlet is awesome.

I detest The Tempest.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    what happened to my plan of reading a bunch of shakespeare over the summer

I did watch Ran again...

PiptheFair wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Othello is my favorite

It is very good and it makes me angry every day that in a traditional interpretation there are like no good parts for me.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    oh hello theater thread

throughout high school I was in... two one-acts, five full-length plays, a process piece and a long-form improv show that we brought to the Lanea Festival in... 2002 I think?

I was also the tech director for a year and a half. I've jury-rigged more stage lamps than most people have ever seen in their lives.

for some reason that last part doesn't look as badass on the page as it did in my head

Straightzi wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Othello is my favorite

It is very good and it makes me angry every day that in a traditional interpretation there are like no good parts for me.

one of the witches

PiptheFair wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Straightzi wrote:
    Othello is my favorite

one of the witches

I'm no Andy Dick.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    I was also the tech director for a year and a half. I've jury-rigged more stage lamps than most people have ever seen in their lives.

for some reason that last part doesn't look as badass on the page as it did in my head

Don't worry; I've done that. I know how it is.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    One time, I was holding a huge piece of pressboard in place, because there weren't enough clamps, and this girl was cutting out a large set piece with a saw. As she got near where I was holding the board, I yelled, grabbed my hand, and fell to the floor. Then like three seconds later, I stood up laughing. But it was too late, she had already started to pass out.

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    @The Dave Fella, seriously! She's always suffered from recurrent UTIs and just recently she had a horrible kidney infection; painkillers were no help and she was in absolute agony. Her doctor's finally diagnosed alcohol as being the root cause.

eeep! That's me!
    Now to find out how to prevent kidney infections.. don't want to lose my booooooze

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    @PiptheFair where the fuck have you been

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote:
    @PiptheFair where the fuck have you been

taking a break from rift because I got tired of a lot of thigns

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    but the pixels pip

2x39jD4.jpg
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    i love me some theatre, but I am much more a conductor and singer than an actor.

I hate poetry, but I regularly read Shakespeare's Sonnets. That is just inspirational in so many ways

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Senior year in high school I got into the pit orchestra for the musical; the one thing I was looking forward to my final semester. My mother made me drop out of pit b/c of my D in English (still a passing grade, mind you). I tried to explain that I already committed to this and signed a pledge form to show up for all the practices and everything, but she wouldn't have it. Had to call my pit director on the phone with her standing right there next and had to explain the situation to him; he wasn't happy either. Graduated with a 3.0 GPA

Fastforward three years later, my brother gets to be part the Russian enforcer group in Fiddler on the Roof just because he can pull off the traditional Russian dancing they do on one of the early scenes. He graduated with a 1.5 GPA and is now an alcoholic silly goose that lives in my parents basement.

I have a great appreciation for the theater, especially where I work occasionally broadcasting National Theater Live shows, but I make sure my mother is reminded of the above injustice.

*gets off soap box*

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Ani hook me up with your works' archives. kthx

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i'm a stage actor! :D haven't had any big roles yet, mostly student directed/written stuff, but it's very fun and i feel so natural on stage that it's something i for sure want to try and pursue. unfortunately, living in wyoming, our community theater programs are fuckin' awful.

• Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    These days I satisfy the urge to perform through rock music and vidja game casting and D&D. It is an itch that never really goes away.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I just saw a commercial for Puffs that touted their new tissue line. It sounded like they said "Puffs Plus with Dicks"

It was Vicks, not dicks, but I giggled

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm going to be working a part time job the next six months or so, helping out on a theatre tour roughly a day a week. It'll be pretty cool, and ensure that I can pay my rent, which is awesome.

Legba on
    edited January 2012
    Also I document theatre for a living so, you know, pretty into the whole thing without needing to have any measurable talent myself. It's pretty swish.

Legba on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i went to a big interactive theater thing recently that was incredibly powerful. it's sort of an adaptation of macbeth done primarily through interpretive dance in a seven-story warehouse that you, as the audience, are left free to wander around and explore. you follow actors when you want and look through the sets when you want. i realize this sounds incredibly pretentious, but it was one of the most affecting pieces of art i have ever experienced.

also i saw cillian murphy in a wonderful one-man show in december

i've been trying to get to more theatre lately, it's just so very expensive

edited January 2012
    I love theatre. My favourite thing about living in London was being able to go to the theatre at will. A short stint as a theatre critic was pretty swell too.

I think my favourite show was a one-man show about Robert Maxwell called 'Lies Have Been Told', which was just this really fascinating look into the real (and fictional) life of one of Britains biggest bastards. I watched it about five or six years ago and I still have the program.

Legba on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I would like to try acting

Does anyone here need a Chucky for their stage adaptation of Child's Play?

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    bad op, lock thread
    RALLY THE PEOPLE ON THAT PROJECT GODDAMN IT

*yanks out long hairs*

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    no but i may have an opening for a little rascal

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    no but i may have an opening for a little rascal

I've always wanted to play Petey

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine down in Austin does stage adaptations of 80s and 90s action movies with a troupe called the Old Murder House Theatre.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6kR2xv6bT8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tnuthMhAR0

uc3ufTB.png
  • LorctheOrcLorctheOrc Registered User regular
    I like Titus Andronicus, no, really

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ori you should make these threads all the time
    Everyone likes them and yours (suspiciously!!) don't get locked on page one
    ain't hard to make a thread about something and then immediately steer it into a reef

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Just gotta conveniently get rid of the dude in the crows nest

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anjin-San wrote:
    bad op, lock thread
    RALLY THE PEOPLE ON THAT PROJECT GODDAMN IT

*yanks out long hairs*
    I'm on it today. Should never have agreed to let wow players edit.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    LorctheOrc wrote:
    I like Titus Andronicus, no, really

Delicious

A friend of mine down in Austin does stage adaptations of 80s and 90s action movies with a troupe called the Old Murder House Theatre.

These are delightful.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'd really love to see one in person someday. Their facebook page has all of their youtube/vimeo links, but I don't think any of their shows are up in full.

uc3ufTB.png
    titus andronicus

is

brutal