As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This is the only subject that should be linked when referring to dancing in wrestling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T050N6yx8M

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The only way me and Goose are ever going to settle this is with a STRUT OFF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhRUkNf6dJY&feature=related
    I couldn't find the video of Sweeney strutting around Cabana and Delirious as they chain wrestled. Damnit. I always wanted to GIF that one too.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Sweeney/Cabana/Delirious match is up on dailymotion somewhere, I believe.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    After watching all these vids, I am tempted to watch more indie stuff. They seem to be having a lot more fun.

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Ah...HERE's the new thread!

FUNKASAURUS RUNNIN' WILD

Smackdown spoiler question:
    How the FUCK does a No DQ, No countout match end in a No contest? That's simply not possible.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    edited January 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ9ETYFLdAk

This is still the best hype video.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Ah...HERE's the new thread!

FUNKASAURUS RUNNIN' WILD

Smackdown spoiler question:
    How the FUCK does a No DQ, No countout match end in a No contest? That's simply not possible.
    If one or other of the competitors walks off and the other is sitting in the ring looking in shocked disbelief at the carnage his hand has wrought that's a fairly safe way of going to a no contest.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited January 2012
    I think Pwnan had this linked and changed it to another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCtdBCz41U

It-needs-more-acknowledgement-because-it's-a-really-good-way-get-heat-from-the-crowd.

edit: even though it's from 2010

Xehalus on
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    Just finished this week's Raw and got caught up on the end of the last thread. All I have to say is...

WHAT THE FUNKASAURUS? When did WWE creative become a bunch of trolls? Jericho, Brodus "Funkasaurus" Clay, Ryder changing a tire, 1 minute D-Bry match, Big Johnny, Pedobear Kane (I swear, that is what he is with Zack)... WTF?

Also, if you listen closely during the Brodus match, just after he calls and then performs the suplex, you'll hear:
    Crowd Member: "You suck, Brodus!"
    Brodus: "My bad."

I'm calling it for next week. They build up that Jericho is angry about not having any matches for his return and that when he comes out he will be really angry, so then he comes out, dances around the ring to "Somebody Call My Momma", then leaves.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Oh hey new wrestling thread. I was tempted to make a new one but yay!

Any way, I couldn't be happier about Edge going into the Hall of Fame.

Dude truly deserves it. I don't like that people say he should have to wait.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I just think it's surprising they didn't wait until WM was in Canada again to induct him.

How far in advance do they know where they will be having Wrestlemanias at? It may be awhile until the next Canadian Wrestlemania.

And I'm not surprised that they are inducting him in this soon. It seems that if any main eventer retires/dies and was on good terms with them at the time they induct them the following HoF. I do wonder who will induct him. I personally think it would be entertaining to see Matt Hardy do it, though I don't see either Hardy being involved in the WWE at this point. That or the anonymous Raw GM. Though that might bring back the crazy eyes.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He'll be inducted by Gangrel.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Just read this weeks Best and Worst of Raw and found this picture hilarious.
    sit-ups.jpg

Now, if you'll look passed the awesome that is Ziggler for a minute, take a look at Vickie.

As for the Smackdown spoilers,
    another week, another Natalya squash. Both her and Swagger suffer from such lazy booking.

Ah well, looking forward to Daniel Bryan and Brodus (even if it is squashing Kidd).

Oh and all the videos everyone's posting are great.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    MOAR LIEK FAILASUARUS!

edited January 2012
    Vickie is just wonderful.

That SD taping sounds pretty crap, though:
    We get what is essentially SEVEN jobber matches in a row.

LockedOnTarget on
    I haven't watched Smackdown much lately, mainly because it's a lot of jobber matches. I cannot resist the Funkasaurus or AJ Lee in a main-event, though. I hope we get to finally see Bryan's full character as well.

I really hope something in this storyline gets Bryan over. It's starting to get really depressing to see crowds so quiet for him. He deserves to be a star, but he's been thrown into the main event without a good buildup and I can't help but worry that he's going to shoulder all the blame when/if it doesn't work out.

You know what would be funny? If the D-Bry heel turn was to screw with people, like half of what seems to be going on on Raw, and it turns out D-Bry isn't turning heel but Big Show is. Next week Daniel comes out to talk about how bad it was what happened to AJ, acts as though he is about to be a dick about it, then Big Show just comes out and threatens that if he isn't careful what happened to AJ will happen to him next time. D-Bry then turns super babyface to this and relishes in the fact that everyone in the IWC is screaming at the TV/Smackdown Spoilers. To be honest, I know it won't happen, but under the circumstances Big Show reasonably should turn heel after getting screwed over so much.

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    From wwedvdnews.com Following WWE’s Hall of Fame announcement on Raw, Edge was interviewed last night on theScore’s Aftermath Radio with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas.

Regarding his new WWE DVD/Blu-ray release (You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge) he said production is already finished and he’s watched his advance copy, which he feels “pretty happy with”. He emphasised that an aim of his with the feature was to make sure certain topics were talked from his perspective for the first time.

In regards to the content of the set, he feels some elements of his career are somewhat scanned over but feels it’s to be expected when condensing down a 20 year career. A few times Edge talked about the feature being 2 hours, so one would assume the documentary is this length.

In regards to the matches, Edge revealed that he was completely hands on selecting them and that he found the task to be an extremely difficult one, given only 2 discs worth of space. WWE had a problem with his list of chosen matches because they found that none of the matches chosen were under 25 minutes, since Edge generally worked long matches throughout his career. In the end he went with a selection of matches that he felt best told the story of his career.

You can listen to the full Edge interview on Aftermath over here.

I really wish this was a three disc set..

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    Xehalus wrote:
    I think Pwnan had this linked and changed it to another video.

It-needs-more-acknowledgement-because-it's-a-really-good-way-get-heat-from-the-crowd.

edit: even though it's from 2010

Chuck Taylor is the best heel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsbibukjh4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r49nndUNiTY&feature=related

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    KurnDerak wrote:
    You know what would be funny? If the D-Bry heel turn was to screw with people, like half of what seems to be going on on Raw, and it turns out D-Bry isn't turning heel but Big Show is. Next week Daniel comes out to talk about how bad it was what happened to AJ, acts as though he is about to be a dick about it, then Big Show just comes out and threatens that if he isn't careful what happened to AJ will happen to him next time. D-Bry then turns super babyface to this and relishes in the fact that everyone in the IWC is screaming at the TV/Smackdown Spoilers. To be honest, I know it won't happen, but under the circumstances Big Show reasonably should turn heel after getting screwed over so much.
    It almost needs to be considering the HBK/Jericho feud.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    His high pitched screams are fantastic

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    His high pitched screams are fantastic

Chuck Taylor for next WWE Diva champion. He even pulls hair!

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I gotta say i mostly get all my wrestling updates from all of you who contribute to this thread, but this new year has got me so physced for where most of the story lines are going that I am teetering on the edge of ordering cable TV to watch RAW live.

I havent done any live viewings (if any) for wrestling in almost 8 years. It has always held a special place in my heart, with so many fond memories.

Its why i buy THQs damn game every freaking year, to relive, remake, or make my own fond memories the way I want.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    From wwedvdnews.com Following WWE’s Hall of Fame announcement on Raw, Edge was interviewed last night on theScore’s Aftermath Radio with Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas.

Regarding his new WWE DVD/Blu-ray release (You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge) he said production is already finished and he’s watched his advance copy, which he feels “pretty happy with”. He emphasised that an aim of his with the feature was to make sure certain topics were talked from his perspective for the first time.

In regards to the content of the set, he feels some elements of his career are somewhat scanned over but feels it’s to be expected when condensing down a 20 year career. A few times Edge talked about the feature being 2 hours, so one would assume the documentary is this length.

In regards to the matches, Edge revealed that he was completely hands on selecting them and that he found the task to be an extremely difficult one, given only 2 discs worth of space. WWE had a problem with his list of chosen matches because they found that none of the matches chosen were under 25 minutes, since Edge generally worked long matches throughout his career. In the end he went with a selection of matches that he felt best told the story of his career.

You can listen to the full Edge interview on Aftermath over here.

I really wish this was a three disc set..

He already had a 3-disc DVD set

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Tebow on the WWE against Kane

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tebow on the WWE against Kane

Yes please.

For some reason Tebow annoys me. And I don't give a shit about NFL!

edited January 2012
    Can someone explain the Tebow thing to someone who does not want to put any effort into learning anything football-related?

LockedOnTarget on
    My guess, after watching a few minutes of the Broncos vs. Steelers game Sunday and what I've seen would be that Tebow is a good but overrated quarterback that has been able to gain media and fan attention due to peculiar and sometimes surprising wins (even though it seems to happen a lot hence the term "he just wins" or something like that), and an extremely outspoken Christian.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Vickie is just wonderful.

That SD taping sounds pretty crap, though:
    We get what is essentially SEVEN jobber matches in a row.

At least we actually get some, you know, WRESTLING on a WWE program this week. Seriously I may just stick to watching SD if Raw continues the "skits vs wrestling" trend. It honestly hasn't been that bad till last Monday but if it happens again next week I'm out.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Can someone explain the Tebow thing to someone who does not want to put any effort into learning anything football-related?

Classic underdog story with a heaping ton of religous stuff thrown on top.

By every measure the guy should be a failure at the NFL level but somehow he ends up winning in ridiculous fashion.

And he's a virgin.

Basically, yay for Jesus. All day, every day.

He may be the first evangelical football player.

edited January 2012
    Nah Reggie White was hardcore Jesus.

Maximum on
    Goldust wrote:
    @bamfwrestling: @WWEGoldust is a match with U vs Cody bring seriously considered for WM 28? Would live to see it.”yes
    Ok we need to all get behind the goldy vs cody match at wm28........it really must happen

Goldust vs Cody Rhodes at WM? Yes please

• Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    That arena football guy years back was really into jesus, but he didn't go around making a big deal of it. Can't remember that guy's name for the life of me right now though.
    (edit: Possibly Kurt Warner? I'm bad with names)

Anyhow, here is a new Botched Spot:
    Hjhhy.jpg

Amikron Devalia on
    Ahahhahahhaha, oh God, now I wish they had had Kane come out, tell Ryder how to fix the tire properly, and then after Ryder did it, kicked Ryder's ass

That would have made that so much better

This discussion has been closed.