As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hyberbole and a [chat]

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I was going off what you said about putting it in an essay.

Oh, yes. Sorry, I misunderstood. We are in agreement then.

In related news.

I am sad no one took my Octopus, Octopuses bait :P

[chat] wasn't born yesterday, quizzy

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote:
    Semen tastes awful and expecting someone to swallow, or getting pissy when they don't, is lame. That's all I'm sayin'.

I think most people in the conversation had it ending up on other parts of the person's body, including bits without tastebuds, to be a perfectly acceptable way for things to go down. It's mostly the kleenex scenario people seem to dislike with vehemence.

• thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    fishes is a different case

singular fish, plural fish vs singular person, plural people

"various peoples invented the wheel at the same time", sure

"various fishes evolved more efficient fins in the same epoch"?

nah, you'd say "fish"

just like how there is no call to use "sheeps" or "deers"

No, the sentence you used in quotes would be correct as is. Saying fish would imply that individual organisms were evolving fins over the course of an epoch.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    "The Super Inclusive Happy Time celebrates the culture of many peoples of the world. Sixteen people will enjoy Nepalese checkers while eating...."

The peoples united under the Russian Empire spoke a staggering array of languages and covered an otherwise unprecedented geographic area.

edited January 2012
    The many peoples of the world could neither agree upon fish pluralisations nor the etiquette of facials.

desc on
    Look, don't knock it 'til you try it. This is some primo teat.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    Bowen wrote:
    can't just drool your cooch-phlegm-sauce away.

This is assuredly the phrase of the day.

Use it wisely.

Seriously though, it's basically blood plasma with some mucus mixed in. If you can't handle man juice, well, let me tell you, cooch-phlegm-sauce is probably worse so count your blessings. Maybe just stick to missionary if you can't handle the finishing the deed.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    um the word fishes appears in the bible as god wrote it (king james) and therefore is not only acceptable, but is also the only correct word and anyone who says otherwise can go to hell

• TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I was going off what you said about putting it in an essay.

Oh, yes. Sorry, I misunderstood. We are in agreement then.

In related news.

I am sad no one took my Octopus, Octopuses bait :P

octopussyMA.jpg

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    fishes is a different case

singular fish, plural fish vs singular person, plural people

"various peoples invented the wheel at the same time", sure

"various fishes evolved more efficient fins in the same epoch"?

nah, you'd say "fish"

just like how there is no call to use "sheeps" or "deers"

No, the sentence you used in quotes would be correct as is. Saying fish would imply that individual organisms were evolving fins over the course of an epoch.

generally this is only the case in scientific texts

in everyday usage it is permissible to use "fish" to refer to both groups and individuals. note that many analogous plurals like "sheep" do not change in form when referring to a group of groups, which is part of the precedent for it.

Evil Multifarious on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    MrMister wrote:
    Semen tastes awful and expecting someone to swallow, or getting pissy when they don't, is lame. That's all I'm sayin'.

of course getting pissy is lame. i'd also agree that 'expecting' it is lame, if you're using it with the connotation that someone is kind of rudely entitled, and they'll be pissy with people who don't meet that.

but i don't think there's anything at all wrong with 'expecting' to find a partner who digs it. if a girl doesn't swallow or tolerate semen in her mouth or whatever is the value approaching 'too gross'... then that is ok! she is still a nice person, and she will make someone very happy someday, i'm sure.

but it is something that i find sexually gratifying enough that i'd probably seek a partner who enjoyed that sort of thing. i 'expect' my partner to swallow sometimes in the sense that i expect myself to pursue a person who possesses that trait.

I would honest-to-goodness say any couple that participates in oral sex should both be swallowing because the male doesn't really have a choice unless you like cold juice running into your starfish. So, if you like good oral sex as a female you should reciprocate, female juices aren't very yummy in an appealing type of way, sexually it's probably fine because well sex.

I mean it's still better than Mountain Dew.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    why does this woman have a starfish on her bottom

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Dammit I am starting to get addicted to Pokemon again. send help.

edited January 2012
    i've never found vaginal fluid that tastes as bad- in general- as i expect semen tastes. it's pretty inoffensive. but when she's menstruating, it is pretty foul. probably still not as bad as semen, i'd guess, but definitely a lot closer.

Organichu on
    In everyday conversation anything is permissible.

I personally choose to phrase everything in iambic pentameter, to include Miranda rights.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I'll send you my Pigeot instead.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    One thing I still don't get is "maths"

what the hell europe

I'll send you my Pigeot instead.

Enabler.

Elendil wrote:
    why does this woman have a starfish on her bottom

Anus.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

what the hell europe

Same as physics. It just sounds nicer.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    why does sotar have a starmie on his bottom

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    mathematical sciences

economics physics etc

obF2Wuw.png
    Organichu wrote:
    i've never found vaginal fluid that tastes as bad- in general- as i expect semen tastes. it's pretty inoffensive. but when she's menstruating, it is pretty foul. probably still not as bad as semen, i'd guess, but definitely a lot closer.

Well the makeup of semen is more... favorable for ingestion. Cooch-plegm-sauce basically tastes like you're eating a really wet runny nose, because, well, that's basically what it is.

Elendil wrote:
    why does sotar have a starmie on his bottom

Listen I was young. I needed the poke balls.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the secret is to line the walls of the vagina with bubblegum

obF2Wuw.png
    THANKS BOWEN

haha apparently there is an accusation that after jay-z and beyonce rented out all the rooms on that wing of the floor for her delivery, their bodyguards prevented anyone from even passing through to get to other places- like the neo-natal ward

it seems like there's only the complaint of one of the other patients' families, so far, and no response from the hospital or whatever yet

but if true that is so terrible

bowen wrote:
    I would honest-to-goodness say any couple that participates in oral sex should both be swallowing because the male doesn't really have a choice unless you like cold juice running into your starfish. So, if you like good oral sex as a female you should reciprocate, female juices aren't very yummy in an appealing type of way, sexually it's probably fine because well sex.

I mean it's still better than Mountain Dew.

I dunno, I think vagina is generally a perfectly appealing flavor. Flavors? I guess they all taste different. Maybe it's like alcohol and it's just a learned reaction to like it, but I think blowin' dames is its own reward.

Anything is better mountain dew. :p

what the hell europe

It's the shortened form of mathematics.

Why would you not include the s?

the word vagina to me always sounds cavernous

it reverberates in an open way

obF2Wuw.png
    the word vagina to me always sounds cavernous

it reverberates in an open way

it's a word that lends itself to echoing

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    MrMister wrote:
    Also gogo introduction!
    In this paper I seek to examine the epistemological consequences of ethical disagreement: how does the possibility of deep, irresolvable disagreement over ethical matters effect our ability to claim ethical knowledge? I will argue that such a possibility would be toxic to our ability to claim knowledge in the realm of ethics; as such, ethical knowledge cannot be preserved against a background where possible disagreement is unlimited. This, in turn, motivates us to look for a conception of ethics on which our basic access to ethical truth is not subject to unlimited disagreement.

The structure of the paper will be as follows: in section 2, I will sketch three broad possible views of the epistemology of ethics: the empirical model, pure coherence, and reductive epistemology. I will then give reasons to think that the empirical model and the pure coherence views cannot be correct. These classifications, as well as the objections there rehearsed, are entirely borrowed from Setiya (ms).

In section 3, I will then turn to reductive epistemology. I will argue that it also cannot be correct. Unlike the previous section, these objections are not borrowed from elsewhere; they are original to this paper, and they will constitute the bulk of this paper. What will emerge is a conception of non-accidental reliability which privileges first-person access: non-accidental reliability is reliability which the subject understands.

With this concept of reliability in hand, in section 4 I will then return to the empirical model. I will then show how the empirical model can be amended such that it satisfies the demand for non-accidental reliability; it will be crucial that in doing so we limit the scope of possible disagreement. We should carry out this amendment, and believe the subsequent theory. My argument here is simply everything that has come before: since the non-amended version, pure coherence, and reductive epistemology all fail, we ought to believe the amended empirical model.

I will then conclude by discussing, extremely briefly, the implications of the amended empirical model for normative ethics.

Normally I would say this is a badly structured introduction. By that I mean don't be so explicit that you're giving an introduction and don't set up a controversy that you are examining, tell us the conclusion you've come to and use the paper to say how you got there. It comes across as a bit muddled and you're telling instead of showing too much. Don't tell us what you're going to tell us, or say "I'm going to examine X and conclude Y" or "this book is about puppies." Say "in the framework of X, Y" or "Puppies". Something vaguely like :(The possibility of deep, irresolvable disagreement over ethical matters is toxic to our ability to claim knowledge in the realm of ethics. Consequently this motivates us to look for a conception of ethics on which our basis access to ethical truth is not subject to unlimited disagreement.) is stronger, clearer and more direct. You can then say something along the line of "Setiya perusasively argues against two of the three broad possible views of the epistemology of ethics: the empirical model and pure coherence. However, reductive epistemology can be salvaged from his objections such that it satisfies..." etc.

It may be that philosophy has a different standard though since the argument is the thing.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    or as will terms it "floppy mucus hole"

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

i never found semen that offensive

i've never gagged over manjam

but there have been cooches whose fragrance or fluids were downright horrific

just saying as a guy whose had experience on both sides of that fence

meh

somebody wrote this somewhere or said this to me

that before sex a vagina looks like a beautiful thing

then after sex it looks like a bulldog dribbling mayonnaise

also mrmr if you're just investigating the consequences, surely its "affect" in line 1

obF2Wuw.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    or as will terms it "floppy mucus hole"

beef curtains

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:
    Well the makeup of semen is more... favorable for ingestion. Cooch-plegm-sauce basically tastes like you're eating a really wet runny nose, because, well, that's basically what it is.

The first time someone came in my mouth I literally spit it out before I knew what I was doing it tasted so foul--it was like biting into a rotten piece of fruit. 'Favorable for ingestion' my ass.

edited January 2012
    yo

lets introduce the past form of spit into american english

dat clarification

i spat it out

it will halp everybody npnp

also the delightful form shat

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    THANKS BOWEN

No problem! Doesn't it taste like a that tiny bit of snot that lands on your lips that you forgot to wipe away after a pretty viscous sneeze when you've had a cold?

This discussion has been closed.