As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyberbole and a [chat]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    come on pony stop being coy

hit us with the dangling meat of this story

so once upon a time, there was an omegle thread in SE++

omegle is like chatroulette except without the video component

just randomly pairs you up with an anonymous stranger for chatting

people were trollin' it, and posting logs in the thread here

i made a false murder confession of a name i pulled from a random name generator

all "mwahahaha i killed this person and even if you go to the cops you will never find me but YOU KNOW" etc.

turns out, that random name is not only a real person but an attorney in the United States who husband works for the DoJ

and either her or someone she knows googled her name and due to this site's freaky-weird google priority, my post with my falsified murder confession totally popped on the first page of results

presumably she used her husband's clout to get the FBI and the RCMP involved and I had to sort it all out and explain

fortunately, the RCMP are reasonable chaps and understood the whole thing and after showing up at my house for an explanation, shrugged and left

that was years ago, ain't nothin' came of it

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    You all want gross? I got it. The other week somebody linked me to a website. On it this girl takes a camera and what must be some elegant lighting equipment and she

pries open her vagina and takes pictures of her organ each day in order to record her cycle.

Have you ever seen what you put your dick into? It's basically a car wash in there full of blood and mucous except at the end is a fucking sand worm.

And it's still cleaner than the inside of your own mouth.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    oh wow my post just got eaten

weird

edit: oh, nope, there it is

it was just invisible until i made another post

gosh i'm so glad we switched over to this new forum software it's so great

Pony on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also, I'll have you all know that I just came from an hour lecture about semen.

Well, sperm, mostly.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Hello my name is Choco I enjoy having enormous boners poking and prodding me at all times

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    So I made a new "business" gmail account that forwards to my "personal" gmail account, and I set it up so that my "personal" gmail account forwards to the "business" gmail account as well.

But what would happen, then, if I used one of my accounts to e-mail the other account?

E M A I L P A R A D O X

what was the point of that

if you're forwarding all of a to b why do you need to forward all of b to a

He just wants you to explain all the ways in which he's wrong so he can learn!

:bz

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Hello my name is Choco I enjoy having enormous boners poking and prodding me at all times

i am shocked at this allegation. shocked.

hey nerds

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Damn, my dad dying is really making me understand why I love my family, and hate my extended family.

My mom told my sister and I that she doesn't want to do a wake or a funeral, just a party at some point when we're a bit less distraught and can properly celebrate how great my dad was. Which, jesus yes. I am so happy we aren't suddenly pretending to give a shit about having some vaguely religious involvement because we've seen it on TV.

My extended family, on the other hand, are asking us why we don't let my father's asshole of a brother come see us. Because obviously it isn't enough that we, the grieving, find him abhorrent. No, my dad dying is in no way a license for me to request any modification to your behavior no sir. God damn. And for real he was in the house for an hour wednesday, and in five minutes he mentioned how much he loved Big Bang Theory, made fun of comic collecting for being stupid, made a few racist comments about the Indian guy on the show and made sure to say how he didn't want any of that fucking GREEK food. Because he's somehow racist against Greek people like he's from the 20's. Fuck.

Also! My idiot fucking cousin broke down crying on monday as we were waiting for news from the hospital and trying to eat... because her stomach hurt and just looking at food was REALLY HARD okay? I wanted to remove her intestines and strangle her with them. If I'm not crying, you don't get to cry. Particularly not about your ridiculous psychosomatic eating problems you fucking child.

Also thank god most of my friends are atheists. No one has told me god has a plan yet.

I fucking hated this, or the "You're the man of the family now boy TIME TO STEP UP". I mean, it's true, but jesus just fucking give me time to grieve first

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    so, talked to the guy who is interviewing me on tuesday

i applied for a different job with this agency months ago, which isn't the one i applied for yesterday and am interviewing for tuesday

but apparently in applying they still did some background checking and there's some "issues we need to discuss" regarding things they found out

can't be anything too serious or disqualifying or they'd not have bothered calling me at all

but it will be interesting to see what dirt they've dug up on me

We see you're active on an internet forum...

Oh god, having flashbacks

Although I don't think I've said anything I'd really want covered up I was pretty worried when I was getting my SSBI done. I was a lot more worried that someone I worked with or an old friend would say something dumb or like, be high when the investigator showed up.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

hello, cass

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Chanus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    So I made a new "business" gmail account that forwards to my "personal" gmail account, and I set it up so that my "personal" gmail account forwards to the "business" gmail account as well.

But what would happen, then, if I used one of my accounts to e-mail the other account?

E M A I L P A R A D O X

The point is that I want what is essentially one e-mail account with two gmail addresses, and this was a simple way to do it.

Winky on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Sarksus I have Alpha Centauri installed.

Let's settle, and then destroy, the next frontier.

Well I'm at work now but if multiplayer works I will be up for that once I understand how the game works. Right now I have a governor doing everything so shit just happens by itself and it's really confusing. I have to learn how to do it myself.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Man my internet connection is inexcusably unstable.

Right now Chrome is pegging a 367 MB download at 6 hours.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:

E M A I L P A R A D O X

The point is that I want what is essentially one e-mail account with two gmail addresses, and this was a simple way to do it.

You could make a third account and have both forward to it, and then you won't get duplicate emails.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    come on pony

lets hear it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Man my internet connection is inexcusably unstable.

Right now Chrome is pegging a 367 MB download at 6 hours.

Man, my internet at work doesn't even suck that much.

• Options
    my fiancee's grandmother, who she was extremely close to, passed away recently

in telling my mother about this, she asked if my fiancee believed in god and i was like "No and if you do any of that 'god has a plan' or 'she's in a better place' now shit to her both of us will get really mad at you" and she was like "okay nevermind"

• Options
    come on pony

lets hear it

i just told the story on this page you butt

scroll up

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:

weird

Yeah, so much better than vbulletin. Who runs big forums on vbulletin anymore? Nobody. Well, except SomethingAwful. NeoGAF. Anandtech. Bodybuilding.com. Rotten Tomatoes. Straight Dope...

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    when i had friends going through rough times i was simultaneously always trying to be there as a shoulder and fucking terrified because i'm a retard with no life experience what the fuck do i say

i'm sorry to hear of your rough times, durandal. good luck.

• Options
    I assume Winky wants to be able to see every email anyone sends him regardless of what account he's logged into. Although if he reads a personal email he will have to sign into the personal account anyway to reply...

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ur a butt

i see no paost

mebbe is on previous paeg i shall check BUT NOT BEFORE I MAEK DIS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pony wrote:

in telling my mother about this, she asked if my fiancee believed in god and i was like "No and if you do any of that 'god has a plan' or 'she's in a better place' now shit to her both of us will get really mad at you" and she was like "okay nevermind"

When my friend got raped by a cab driver while drunk, her mom's first response was to weave up some bullshit about how this was God's way to cure her of her drinking problem.

We cut that shit in the bud really fucking quick.

Feral on

• Options
    when i had friends going through rough times i was simultaneously always trying to be there as a shoulder and fucking terrified because i'm a retard with no life experience what the fuck do i say

i'm sorry to hear of your rough times, durandal. good luck.

Sometimes it's good just to be a shoulder.

• Options
    oh wait what the fuck

now it's gone again

what the hell, forum

this has been happening to other people too, right?

i think spool was complaining about it

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Pony wrote:

When my friend got raped by a cab driver while drunk, her mom's first response was to weave up some bullshit about how this was Gods way to cure her of her drinking problem.

We cut that shit in the bud really fucking quick.

For fuck's sake!

• Options
    oh winky i just sort of assumed you used a client with support for multiple accounts and not a web based, protocol-specific interface like some sort of troglodyte

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    You all want gross? I got it. The other week somebody linked me to a website. On it this girl takes a camera and what must be some elegant lighting equipment and she

pries open her vagina and takes pictures of her organ each day in order to record her cycle.

Have you ever seen what you put your dick into? It's basically a car wash in there full of blood and mucous except at the end is a fucking sand worm.

Well I'm not above eating off of someone's vagina, I'm just saying, looks like a car wash.

• Options
    I ran into someone from Brampton today and it is dredging up stuff

I mean I shouldn't be surprised, Brampton is a shit city and York is a shit school so I mean I can see the transition there

I was just not prepared for it and it shook me since my time in Brampton was like the shittiest time in my life and everyone in school was a mocking hyena or a vulture

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    oh wait what the fuck

now it's gone again

what the hell, forum

this has been happening to other people too, right?

i think spool was complaining about it

Yeah, especially if you post right as a new page turns over... it seems to eat those all the time.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Organichu wrote:
    oh winky i just sort of assumed you used a client with support for multiple accounts and not a web based, protocol-specific interface like some sort of troglodyte

http://www.getthunderbird.com/

SUCKA

Chanus on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Pony wrote:

weird

Yeah, so much better than vbulletin. Who runs big forums on vbulletin anymore? Nobody. Well, except SomethingAwful. NeoGAF. Anandtech. Bodybuilding.com. Rotten Tomatoes. Straight Dope...

That's what I never understood, cant handle the traffic? PA probably doesn't even have at the most peak days half of what NeoGAF's load on its slowest day.

The only issue there ever really is with GAF is when they disable avatars during E3

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

Well I'm not above eating off of someone's vagina, I'm just saying, looks like a car wash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IijcUUZG95g

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to hate e-mail.

~40 messages per day at work, another ~15 at home. Every day.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    oh no, the forum is eating Pony's posts

the poor children

8-)

• Options
    haha pony if you go to 'comments' in your profile page you see the little preview of the post

but when you click on it you're taken to the thread and it's not there

• Options
    alright so

here's the story of what happened:
    okay so, SE++ had an Omegle chatlog thread

Omegle's like chat roulette minus the video and audio, it's you + random stranger paired anonymously to chat

so people were using it for all kinds of trolling and gags

i did the whole "fake murder confession" thing, where i went on, said i murdered so-and-so and this was how and when, and they'll never catch me and you'll know and they'll never believe you, ho ho ho ho!

so to make the joke work i chose a random name off a website

then i post a log of that conversation on here

unbeknownst to me at the time, this so happened to also be the name of a lawyer with ties to the DoJ and the republican party. she found out about this somehow, presumably through googling her own name (as google places an absurdly high priority on this forum) and freaked out.

she decided to swing her weight around and get the FBI involved, claiming this is a death threat (legally speaking, it isn't), which led to the DoJ badgering Tube, getting all my posts, tracking me down, finding out I'm Canadian, contacting the RCMP, and the RCMP showing up at my door.

the RCMP heard me out, listened to me explain the situation, got pretty angry that they came all that way over stupid bullshit, and were like "alright, listen, just like... write her a letter, explaining what happened and that you're sorry if you upset her or whatever"

so, i wrote a carefully worded letter doing just that, gave that to them, and that was the end of it

part of me hopes the DoJ turned on her and gave her shit for wasting everyone's time

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

I've considered it, but this seems far too scary and adult.

Outlook and similar programs have always been things that grown ups use for me. If I start using them, then I am become the grown up.

• Options
    That's what I never understood, cant handle the traffic? PA probably doesn't even have at the most peak days half of what NeoGAF's load on its slowest day.

The only issue there ever really is with GAF is when they disable avatars during E3

My understanding is that vbulletin doesn't scale very well, and the other organizations deal with it just by piling more hardware on, which is pretty expensive, and is the reason why NeoGAF and SA have interstitial ads.

• Options
    I can't watch that at work Feral but I will file it away in my brain secretary.

This discussion has been closed.