As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling 2012: SET THE FUNKASAURUS FREE

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hmm, hopefully the crowd will start reacting to Clay more in the future. I'd hate to see the gimmick die just cause the audience is dumb.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ugh, of all the ironies, my tire's gone flat today. Gonna call Kane to help me change it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bedlam wrote:
    Nirya wrote:
    Schide wrote:
    Well, to make an actual good invasion angle you need to, like, have the invasion be a threat in any way, shape or form. Which WCW/ECW was not.

Nice to know that Schide was the only one to blatantly point out what the biggest problem of the inVasion was. The reason Austin and Angle defected to the WCW side was to make them look like a bigger threat, when in actuality it made the prior WCW guys look like even more shit than they already were. Add that to the fact that WWF guys would beat WCW guys at every opportunity.
    It dosent help that everyone on the WCW side was made heel and everyone on the WWE side was made face during the storyline. So if they wanted one of their big guys to be heel the quickest way to do that was have them switch sides.

Also Vince tried to sell WCW as the second brand and no channels were willing to buy it because it went under. So thats why the split the brands with Raw/Smackdown the next year.

It got really weird when they tried to get the audience to boo guys like Tommy Dreamer who have almost never been heels.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    Except the invasion angle was in 2001, so its already been a decade since then, and the midcard in WWE the last 10 years has been pretty good. Thus the "I think they're gonna be okay" line.

Yet Lance Storm was more talented than the vast majority of them. But hey, so long as you've got other midcarders like Hardcore Holly and Matt Hardy around, who cares right?

I can remember a number of problems with the Invasion. First is that the WCW wrestlers were sitting on their asses for months before being shoved onto Raw, resulting in a lot of ring rust for a lot of them. Second is that they were all made to look like mid-carders, even Booker T. Third is that it turned into another McMahon family squabble. And last is that the defections made no fucking sense. Why on earth are Angle and Austin defecting when you've got guys that made their name in ECW and WCW like Benoit, Eddie, Jericho and Big Show on the roster? The fuck?

The one highlight of the entire feud was that one promo where Heyman tore the shit out of Vince. That was great.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Hey matt hardy didn't suck back in the day

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This is an actual TNA PPV poster for an upcoming PPV
    ai6a_ficqaayjct_130706.jpg

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote:
    Except the invasion angle was in 2001, so its already been a decade since then, and the midcard in WWE the last 10 years has been pretty good. Thus the "I think they're gonna be okay" line.

Yet Lance Storm was more talented than the vast majority of them. But hey, so long as you've got other midcarders like Hardcore Holly and Matt Hardy around, who cares right?

I can remember a number of problems with the Invasion. First is that the WCW wrestlers were sitting on their asses for months before being shoved onto Raw, resulting in a lot of ring rust for a lot of them. Second is that they were all made to look like mid-carders, even Booker T. Third is that it turned into another McMahon family squabble. And last is that the defections made no fucking sense. Why on earth are Angle and Austin defecting when you've got guys that made their name in ECW and WCW like Benoit, Eddie, Jericho and Big Show on the roster? The fuck?

The one highlight of the entire feud was that one promo where Heyman tore the shit out of Vince. That was great.

The answer to your defection question was that Benoit was injured, Eddie was fired for the majority of the inVasion storyline, Jericho was the defacto top babyface until Rock came back (Austin had done his heel turn at the Wrestlemania X7, which was just prior to the inVasion) and Big Show.....well, they had just brought him back up from a stint in OVW and wanted to turn him face, so they kept him with team WWF.

As for the Alliance, the biggest thing that hurt them was Vince was convinced that everyone who worked in WCW was second rate, and that showed throughout the feud. The two biggest stars that were brought over for the inVasion, Booker T and DDP, were made to look like idiots repeatedly. The only Alliance member that ended up looking any good was RVD for some reason, but everyone else was basically shit on the entire time.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    So Perez Hilton will be a special guest ring announcer for a Diva's match this coming Monday. Better than a guest host spot I suppose.

wirehead26 wrote:
    So Perez Hilton will be a special guest ring announcer for a Diva's match this coming Monday. Better than a guest host spot I suppose.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular

hanging up in TLB's room as we speak

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490

barthardy.gif

Mwx884o.jpg
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Its so weird to watch videos without 'What?'.

wirehead26 wrote:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I stand corrected, he's a special guest referee. Let's hope they put an actual trained ref in the ring and let him be on the outside.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Its a divas match, it could be reffed by Socko.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Wait a minute. Perez Hilton is an actual person?

I thought it was just the website name lampooning Paris Hilton. Huh.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The future of the divas division ladies and gentlemen

perez-hilton-owned-by-ktla.jpg

edited January 2012
    Hey maybe Alicia Fox will botch and potato him.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    potato?

BLM - ACAB
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:

I think there was something on wwe.com a while back about him training with some Divas or something

edited January 2012
    The Geek wrote:
    potato?
    Potato
    striking or hurting another wrestler more than necessary. A wrestler who endures one or more potatoes is likely to potato the perpetrator back, which is known as a 'receipt'.
    Beth_Phoenix_mouse_large.jpg

edit: So TNA's India project already looks like the superior product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caxPiLZdoiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwkko6_Tw1o

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Xehalus wrote:

Yeah that's the one. It's so great.

Anyway, Daniel Bryan's not just carrying his opponents anymore, he's carrying Smackdown. He's been the most entertaining part of that show for the last 3 weeks now.

Edit: Oh hey, that's Harbhajan Singh in those Ring Ka King promos. Neat.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    While you could argue Smackdown lacks star power now at least till Orton returns it's usually a reliable show for good wrestling content, much more so than Raw.

edited January 2012
    Chavo Guerrero: Namastehhh INDIUUHHH

Xehalus on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote:
    Chavo Guerrero: Namastehhh INDIUUHHH

Still better than the lines the WWE writers wrote for him.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    someone buy me that goddamn poster

right now

7656367.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Daniel Bryan better not hurt AJ.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

AJ turning Bryan face again

....I kinda wanna see a nesting-cage match

3basnids3lf9.jpg

just a little bit closer to getting fired

just a little bit

I'm not sure I like Hunico breathing heavily at me

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Fun Fact: Authentic Mexican lowrider bicycles can carry a family of eight.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Oh my god, the cut to the fat kid in the audience doing the Sheamus chest beating was too much.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

That title has changed you Daniel!

it's changed youuuuuuuuuu

edited January 2012
    YOUUUUU

YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

Xehalus on
    During matches Otunga should take a slurp from his thermos

complete with very loud slurping sound