As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Monday Night Combat] Blitz mode is out.

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Man, I bought captain spark and I am pretty in love with the play style.

I tried wascot and it was awful. his strengths are all team based and he requires punching through to fire off his debuff. Everyone is used to the counter so they just melee you to death instead of grabbing. Every game I saw he was 0-doubledigits-0(max of 2) with a few bot kills.
    Wascot seems like the classic "tough to play, but devastating when played right" class. Iv'e seen good Wascots pull off insane kills and carry entire games, and bad Wascots who manage to completely sink otherwise good teams.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Man, I had three brutal losses this morning, but thankfully rebounded this afternoon. I found out that the veteran is an absolute beast when hes juiced. I singlehandedly killed a jackbot with him. Which pros have you guys been using? I played support in MNC, but i'm not very good with him in SMNC, so i've switched to heavier classes (Enforcers, they're called). Recently I've had pretty good luck with Cheston. Vet is fun too, but def requires more finesse (and a bit of luck) to play well.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I usually play Combat Girl. Support classes are fun, and Combat Laser is the single most amusing button in the entire game. Leading people with it is hard but so very satisfying when it works.

The Combat Kitties are interesting too, and mid/late a nest of them + fortify will instantly kill most pros.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    cheston is so good you guys

he is so

so

good

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    So I thought I got an access email, but it had no code and the link was bad. Wut?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    This game doesn't run as well on my laptop as MNC did, even with the settings down. I'm hoping the final version will somehow iron out those kinks and I'll have a more playable experience.

So I found out today that I still really suck with support classes. Played combat girl and got grappled/ringed out more times than I ever have before. It amazes me how some people can totally own with her.

Recently I've felt my dota-rage come out more in SMNC. I usually have a lot of patience, but when my team doesn't go defend the annihilator (even though I spam it the command), it just pisses me off. Also, being the vet sucks when your team doesn't have any idea how to chain grapple. Having a team that doesn't know how to take advantage of the vet's abilities means that my assist/kill numbers are going to stay low :-(

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So I forgot I had applied for the beta during the Steam Sale, and I'm currently installing.

Send me some friend invites for PA games. It's better for everyone when you're playing with people who are cool.

So I forgot I had applied for the beta during the Steam Sale, and I'm currently installing.

Send me some friend invites for PA games. It's better for everyone when you're playing with people who are cool.

If you (or anyone else) ever want to play, feel send me a msg. If I'm free, I'd love to hop on for a match or two.

• VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    I got into this, and I've messed around in a few games. Never played the original, so most of the time I feel like I'm more of a handicap to my team then an asset. I'd love to play with VoIP with someone/some people who know what the hells going on though.

camo_sig2.png
    New update out today. Looks like it adds purchasable taunts. For those who don't know, if you taunt after a kill, you get more money. Its a risk though, since you're open to attack during its duration (5 seconds).

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wish it didn't have to completely re-download every time it patched, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    New pro rotation is out: Captain Spark, Assault, Support, Gunner and Tank. I'll be interested to try out Spark, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to get decent results with him.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
    Sadly they removed all the new taunts for the new pros. I miss Combat Girl's It's hard to be humble when you know how to rumble :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    Got an invite to this today. I heard they sent out a lot of invites.

Anyone else?

PNA1v.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Got an invite to this today. I heard they sent out a lot of invites.

Anyone else?

I got one too.

I played two rounds and I had no idea what I was doing.

• A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    I feel like i'm still trying to get a handle on how the game flows but I did pretty well I think. With my MNC experience and Dota experience, I think i'm pretty prepared.

Would be a lot of fun with friends. Blends the best of both worlds together.

PNA1v.jpg
    The keys to Super MNC: push bots, don't die.

Also get the annihilator.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote:
    The keys to Super MNC: push bots, don't die.

Also get the annihilator.
    Just to add to this, the annihilator becomes available at the 5 minute mark, and you can check the time by bringing up the scoreboard.

• RiotRiot Registered User regular
    Just got my beta invite! :D

I heard this was a lot more dota-ish than MNC, hopefully I don't noob it up too bad for my team :P.

Okay bros the SMNC Fruit Friends are shooting for its first all-PA bro practice match tonight at 7pm EST!

Get in the steam group so I know who's who, and send me a friend request so I can send you an invite. (This game doesn't let me invite via the group, sadly.)

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I will still be in my lab during this time otherwise I'd shoot to make it. Sorry!

Just joined the steam group. I may try to make this.

PNA1v.jpg
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    just joined the group. got an invite last week, but won't actually be able to play for a couple weeks.

thanks for those games, guys

was fun, we'll need to do another soonish

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I keep wanting to try other pros out, but I'm too addicted to running around and throwing exploding barrels everywhere >.<

Is there some sort of Cheston Rehab Clinic?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Just found out about the steamgroup.

I'm in the beta. Phosgene is my Steam handle.

Had fun today in the games.

Minus Knight's little rage moment.

PNA1v.jpg
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I've gotten 4 emails from them thanking me for helping to test it and tell me as a reminder my code is . (yes, blank) despite never having been invited to th ebeta, it's like, ok guys, you don't want me in the beta but you don't have to taunt me about it :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    that seems like something to email their support about

also
    It's the rules versus changes you've all been waiting for and it starts right... NOW!

This week we took a lot of the feedback about the early game to heart. We're looking at making the early game a little more frantic by slightly reducing the base health of all Pros and moving that health into the defensive passive. This change is intended to make players slightly more squishy but players can make up for the base health loss by choosing the defensive passive skill early on. We've also increased the lethality of all Pros versus bots to help increase that intended feeling of power. In other words, stuff blows up more!

The other big changes are content inside and outside the game. You can now spawn Black Jacks, Bouncers and Jackbots for your team at new locations in both maps. What better way to look good spawning new minions than with two new uniforms and a new taunt? As usual, feel free to leave feedback on our forums and enjoy this week's rule changes!

New Rules
    New Free Pro Rotation: Gunslinger, Assault, Gunner, Wascot, Support
    Added more descriptive and colorized text for Annihilator usage, kills, turret kills, bot kill streaks, multikills and kill streaks.
    Pressing ESC will now cancel out of a taunt preview.
    Added the ability to set a default custom class for a Pro. Selecting that pro in the class chooser will automatically use the custom class.
    Adjusted bot path and turret icons in the HUD.
    Adjusted scoll bars so that it is more noticeable that you can scroll.
    Adjusted the size of the class chooser to see more Pros.
    Defensive Passive: Health Bonus: 100/200/300 -> 170/270/370
    Mouse Smoothing now disabled by default.
    Bot Rating: All Pros (level 1/15): 100/300 -> 100/200

Bullet Gorge Arena
    Continued art revisions.
    Added player-purchased Black Jack, Bouncer and Jackbot spawners.

LocoMoco Arena
    Added player-purchased Black Jack, Bouncer and Jackbot spawners.

Bots
    Removed all bot health increases based on game duration
    Slim: Damage: 20 -> 18
    Slim: Health: 100 -> 90
    Slim: Speed: 415 -> 455
    Shady: Damage: 30 -> 27
    Shady: Health: 3000 -> 2700
    Shady: Speed: 420 -> 460
    Black Jack: Damage: 36-> 40
    Black Jack: Health: 3000 -> 2700
    Black Jack: Speed: 700 -> 770
    Bouncer: Damage: 500 -> 250
    Bouncer: Health: 7500 -> 7750
    Bouncer: Speed: 700 -> 770
    Bouncer: Grapple Damage: 750 -> 680
    Scrambler: Health: 2000 -> 1800
    Scrambler: Speed: 420 -> 460
    Gremlin: Health: 500 -> 450
    Gremlin: Speed: 700 -> 770
    Jackbot: Health: 30000 -> 27000
    Fujibot: Damage: 150 -> 135
    Fujibot: Health: 12000 -> 10800
    Fujibot: Speed: 425 -> 460

Assassin
    Base Health: 825 -> 755

Assault
    Base Health: 1000 -> 915

Captain Spark
    Base Health: 840 -> 770

Cheston
    Base Health: 1425 -> 1305
    Banana: Updated slip animation.
    New Uniform: Hippy

Combat Girl
    "Humble Rumble" Taunt: Fixed her left pigtail from moving oddly.
    Combat Healer: Fixed healing giving money but not contributing to the player's XP.
    Combat Healer: Money Per Heal Pulse: 0.1 -> 0.25
    Combat Kitties: Increased early game effectiveness vs bots

Gunner
    Base Health: 1425 -> 1305
    Deploy: Now speeds up reloading while deployed.
    Ground Slam: Pancake kills are now called out and rewarded with a bonus.
    Mortar: Fire Interval: 1.5 -> 1
    Mortar: Damage: 65 -> 50

Gunslinger
    Base Health: 770 -> 705
    New Taunt: "Line Dance"
    Lucinda: Damage: 35 -> 40
    Lucinda: Head Shot Multiplier: 4.5 -> 4

Karl

Sniper
    Base Health: 750 -> 680
    Sniper Rifle: Damage: 41 -> 50
    Sniper Rifle: Ammo: 8 -> 4
    Sniper Rifle: Headshot Multiplier: 4.5 -> 4
    SMG: Damage: 18 -> 16

Support
    Heal/Hurt Gun: Fixed healing giving money but not contributing to the player's XP.
    Heal/Hurt Gun: Money per heal pulse: 0.5 -> 1
    Firebase: Base Health (Skill Level 1/2/3/4): 1120/1180/1365/1610 -> 1230/1300/1370/1480
    Firebase: Increased early game effectiveness vs bots

Tank
    Base Health: 1690 -> 1550

Veteran
    Base Health: 1690 -> 1550
    Death Bell Taunt: Fixed missing description.
    Action Hero Taunt: Adjusted Veteran's walk
    New Uniform: Fairy Tale

Wascot
    Base Health: 840 -> 770

Bug Fixes
    Fixed a few skills that would be refreshed when the player respawned when they shouldn't be.
    Fixed a few rare cases that caused grapples to be misaligned.
    Fixed taunts not properly cancelling when the player taunting is stunned, knocked back or grappled.
    Fixed a few more issues with jump pad 'dead' areas.
    Fixed a handful of typos in skills and bios.
    Fixed an instance of being locked out from choosing a Pro if someone else locked the pro you currently had selected.

Had fun today in the games.

Minus Knight's little rage moment.

Wasn't rage, was just frustration at the other combat girl being good? Rage in a moba is on a whole nother level of fury :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited January 2012
    well the CG on your team certainly took it as an insult

TheySlashThem on
    I got a couple invites if anyone wants them. Send me a pm if you're interested. Unfortunately, I can't play SMNC for the next couple weeks since I'm away from home. What do you guys think of the latest patch?

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh thank god they've upped the pace. I've recieved two SMNC's as gifts. Are they different from the Invitational that I use to play? If I don't need them I'll be happy to give them away.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    I'm assuming they're the same as the invites gotten directly from uber, just in a more convenient "hey dude you gotta try this game I like you don't even have to sign up here it is" form

giving them away is the idea

• oluapoluap Registered User regular
    Haven't been able to play because of school and such.
    Also, I have a couple of invites if anyone is interested in playing.