As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra YEAH THIS IS STILL HAPPENING

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Korra, that is very inconsiderate to that business

now they have to clean up the glass and buy a new window and throw out that fire loser...

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    MrDapper wrote:

Holy Mother of God

DAAAAAAAAAAMN

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote:
    Korra, that is very inconsiderate to that business

now they have to clean up the glass and buy a new window and throw out that fire loser...

And people wonder why benders get a bad rap.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I mean she's a fucking beast right out the gate. Are there any awards for strong female characters in fiction? Cause this show will win all of them.

Hell the first series should have won those awards.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    I have been looking forward to that very thing since the reveal poster that showed her looking at Republic City from a distance.

She was obviously built to punch out a dude, and I am glad to see that talent is not going to waste.

• Options
    And just how violent the whole thing was. Not bloody mind you but the impacts sounded so brutal.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Korra is clearly a different type of fighter from Aang. Aang mostly avoided people in fights, Korra goes head on.

Also we have cars guys. Gold plated cars.
    Small spoiler beyond this point.
    XMks6.jpg

Also radios.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Watching that clip just gets me more pissed off about the live action abomination. How Shyamalan completely neutered Katara as a strong female character and fighter, hell how he made her TOTALLY USELESS TO THE OVERALL PLOT, fuck it's been a full year and a half and it STILL makes me angry when I think about it.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Watching that clip just gets me more pissed off about the live action abomination. How Shyamalan completely neutered Katara as a strong female character and fighter, hell how he made her TOTALLY USELESS TO THE OVERALL PLOT, fuck it's been a full year and a half and it STILL makes me angry when I think about it.

This is why we're getting Korra, just focus on Korra. Plus, when it comes out, you can edit Shamalan's face onto everyone she beats up!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Also, when that earthbender fell onto that kiosk, did anyone else think "My caaaaabbageeeeeees!" ??

Goatmon on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    good grief that is some pretty animation

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Holy shit that is gorgeous

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    JK Simmons is on my list of actors which I call the "Oh, it's That Guy" list

they're all fantastic and pretty much only do supporting work

other names:

Chris Cooper
    William Fichtner
    David Morse
    Barry Pepper

there are more but that's what I remember right now

William Fichtner was the best part about Drive Angry

and that movie had lots of great parts about it to start with

Erick Avari

very yes

and the other vaguely ethnic guy standing next to him in the mummy is tentatively on the list as well but I haven't seen him in enough things

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The difference between where Avatar: TLA began story and action wise and where it ended is quite large. The entire show steadily increases in quality and it is one of the few shows that continually tops itself in nearly every way. By the time I get to the Day of Black Sun, I am engrossed completely and must watch the show to it's grandiose conclusion without stopping (sometimes without blinking.)

Seeing the beginnings of Korra makes me believe that it might be able to top even it's predecesser from the start. If Korra can ramp up in the same way, where will it end up?

• Options
    A bit more of that earlier clip. Includes metalbending cops!

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Next thing you're gonna tell me is that they have the buddahdamned Batman.

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    MrDapper wrote:
    A bit more of that earlier clip. Includes metalbending cops!
    aroooooooo

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to resist spoiling more than I already have, given my love of this series.

You guys aren't helping.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That animation is looking pretty god damn good.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I just realized how many strong female characters are in avatar, how they have character depth, how they are players and not prizes. Then I remember "The Last Airbender." Then I remember all those discussions about female image in the media and put 2 and 2 together. Now every time one of these discussions pop up, I will want to punch that man.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    io9 apparently got ahold of two more clips in addition to the ones that have already been linked

http://io9.com/5876238/

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    I don't mind spoiling myself with this since everything we've seen is likely from the first or second episode.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I don't mind spoiling myself with this since everything we've seen is likely from the first or second episode.

214 REPUBLIC CITY, NIGHT

From their cables, Korra and Tenzin both spot something that causes them to stop fighting. The lava river ahead drops off in a tremendous lava fall.

SNAPPING AND METAL GROANS are heard as the main part of the collector starts to break away and move toward the lava fall. Tenzin looks around and sees a small floating platform making its way toward the tower.

Tenzin does a double back-flip and lands squarely on the floating platform. He immediately leans to one side and moves away from the tower.

Korra realizes she is doomed as the entire tower heads for the falls. In the distance she sees some POLAR BEAR DOGS. She swings back to the tower, climbs up and makes a running leap and miraculously lands on A POLAR BEAR DOG. The POLAR BEAR DOG is confused and GROWLS. The giant collector goes over the lava flow and disappears in the mist of sparks below.

Tenzin heads for the bank of the lava river, but Korra's POLAR BEAR DOG is faster. She catches up with her old Master.

Tenzin and Korra continue the airbending fight. They battle away, balancing on the tiny platform and puzzled Polar Bear Dog. Korra, standing on the Dog, approaches Tenzin on the work platform.

Tenzin: I have failed you, Korra. I was never able to teach you to think.

Korra and Tenzin confront each other on the lava river.

Korra: I should have known the Benders were plotting to take over . . .

Tenzin: From the Equalists!!! Korra, Amon is evil.

Korra: From the Benders point of view! From my point of view, the Benders are evil.

Tenzin: Well, then you are lost!

Korra: This is the end for you, My Master. I wish it were otherwise.

Korra jumps and flips onto TENZIN's platform. The fighting continues again until Tenzin jumps toward the safety of the black sandy edge of the lava river. He yells at Korra.

Tenzin: It's over, Korra. I have the high ground.

Korra: You underestimate my power!

Tenzin: Don't try it.

Korra follows, and Tenzin cuts his young apprentice at the knees, then cuts off her left arm in the blink of an eye. Korra tumbles down the embankment and rolls to a stop near the edge of the lava.

Korra struggles to pull herself up the embankment with her mechanical hand. Her thin leather glove has been burned off. She keeps sliding down in the black sand.

Tenzin: (continuing) . . . You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Equalists, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Four Nations, not leave it in Darkness.

Tenzin picks up Korra's airbending staff and begins to walk away. He stops and looks back.

Korra: I hate you!

Tenzin: You were my sister, Korra. I loved you.

Korra's clothing blows into the lava river and ignites. Suddenly Korra bursts into flames and starts SCREAMING.

Brolo on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Episode 3 is now ruined for me!
    Maybe i'll still enjoy the episode title?

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    well episodes 4-6 are supposed to be pretty good

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I just realized how many strong female characters are in avatar, how they have character depth, how they are players and not prizes. Then I remember "The Last Airbender." Then I remember all those discussions about female image in the media and put 2 and 2 together. Now every time one of these discussions pop up, I will want to punch that man.

It really was terrible in that regard(and every other) I really wanted to punch my friend every time he said "They got Katara's character down perfectly! All she does is cry."

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Someone report this, I'm too busy laughing.

• Options
    edited January 2012

How about the fact that Nick never made action figures of the female characters because apparently girls don't buy action figures and boys don't want girl action figures. Sometimes Avatar reads like the story of a show that succeeded despite everyone else doing their best to sink it.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    io9 apparently got ahold of two more clips in addition to the ones that have already been linked

Oh god it appears that I've messed myself all over ...

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I will not look at spoilers.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Do it geek, become the spoilers.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    I've...I've never seen spoilers like it.

So big.

So glossy.

Such girth.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

Oh god it appears that I've messed myself all over ...

D-did they fucking do action, rock music with old Chinese instruments?

Goddamn.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    They're more like teasers than spoilers.

Unless you don't want to know what some of the characters look like in motion.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Finally got around to watching all the videos leaked and wow. This is going to get watched LIVE if possible and DVR'd for immediate viewing ASAP if not. Really hope that the people who've been able to see Avatar on Netflix who missed it during the original airing like I did take the time to watch this so Nick keeps it on air.

I also hope they have a pre-determined storyline that keeps it moving forward and to a definite conclusion like Last Airbender did. Nothing irks me more than an awesome first season or two, and then a meandering season or two before it's cancelled before they actually finish the story they set out to tell. Or when a series keeps going ON AND ON AND ON with no point to 3/4 of the episodes.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    They were pretty tight with the story last time round, I doubt they plan on going for the long meandering mess approach with this one.

Also I am so psyched for this, so psyched you guys.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    considering that Korra was meant to be a miniseries initially, I'm pretty sure they're going for a tight and fast-paced storyline

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    considering that Korra was meant to be a miniseries initially, I'm pretty sure they're going for a tight and fast-paced storyline

This makes me even more excited and can't wait to see it!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DVD day one purchase.

Pre-order, even.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    AsiriyaAsiriya Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Wow, I just realised how interesting the story could be (even more than I thought). What with all the tech, benders possibly aren't even that important any more. Republic city looks huge, across and up and must have a huge population. Then we have the Avatar, a single, admittedly extremely powerful person who doesn't just have to mediate a few key figures but potentially hundreds of CEO's etc
    Plus she's young and a woman, with all the potential connotations that that brings IRL, wonder if it will be brought up in the show.
    Gods I can't wait :D

Just watched the iO9 clips, hot damn yes the music is already getting me excited. I think having her slightly older than gAang is a good choice, the story sounds like it could be a little more mature too, charming as Aang's adventures were, I'd appreciate things being aimed towards a slightly older audience, at least midteen. Then again, it is on Nick so that probably won't happen.

Asiriya on
This discussion has been closed.