As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Comic: Monday, Jan. 16, 2012 - Exclusivity

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-3vkFbxG-XL.jpg

8406wWN.png
Rankenphile on

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    this is a good'un

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh man the complex world of character bios

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    This comic is darn good. :^:

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I mean obviously gabe's character has an open relationship with tycho's character.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Holy fuck, this happened to me in WoW.

Twice.

• Ryan A. ElliottRyan A. Elliott Registered User regular
    Love this comic.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    These are real problems that real people face.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Now she's going to flirt with the nearest Hutt lord just to get back at him.

"But why?"
    "He understands my feelings"
    "You're dating a fat slaver"
    "How can you be insensitive to his body weight?"
    "I...I'm just going back to the Twi'Lek girl"

The Hutt is just chilling there looking at a holocon of a stripper.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    These are real problems that real people face.

hahaha I can only imagine

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    In our first D&D group the rest of the players seemed to have such a difficulty getting the concept that my character and my wife (then just girlfriend)'s character weren't romantically involved that in the end we just went with it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I like this comic.

And I like how the eyes on the Alienware logo on Kara's laptop glow pink. That is an option which Alienware should offer. For the ladies. Then more girls would be interested in computers and games and stuff.
    I may not be serious about all or part of the above.

Gaslight on
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Hurr Durr Jedis do not date, she is obviously not firm in the knowledge of the lore.
    Or they are naughty darksiders.

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    There's the tragic irony: Jedi must forgo attachments and commitment to anything but The Code and whatnot, but Dark Jedi are totally swingers. What's a romantic force lady to do?

Aurich on
  • GalacticGalactic Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote:
    There's the tragic irony: Jedi must forgo attachments and commitment to anything but The Code and whatnot, but Dark Jedi are totally swingers. What's a romantic force lady to do?

If that's true it seems to me that the Jedi would be the swingers, ("Last night was great, but sorry babe, I'm a Jedi. See ya.") and the Dark Jedi would be "free" to get involved in committed relationships...

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.
  • aeroplaneaeroplane Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Perhaps if I keep reading Penny Arcade long enough, I'll want an Alienware™ laptop, too!

Seriously. Alienware™ is the most product-placed product that's placed on Penny Arcade™. It's getting a little ridiculous. Or is this solely my confirmation bias?

I remember feeling the same way during the first series of 24. Man, CTU members sure like to use Apple® laptops! Why is their OS so radically different from Apple's OS, though? Have they jailborkened their laptops? I'm sure that's against the law.

Then I went and bought an apple.

aeroplane on
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I'm not into RP enough that my husband and I care about our characters' 'relationship' in games.
    Although he'd probably be the one who would want exclusivity if we did..

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • SlurmeeSlurmee AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Never argue with a girl. It never works out well for you.

steam_sig.png
  • ArthemiseArthemise Registered User new member
    This is totally my husband and I! Except that I play a trooper and he plays a smuggler. He goes all the way with his flirts, but when I flirt, I have my companion chewing me out and I get nowhere. How is that fair?!

Speaking of fair, why are all the dancers female? Why would I want a holo of a female dancer?

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    aeroplane wrote:
    Perhaps if I keep reading Penny Arcade long enough, I'll want an Alienware™ laptop, too!

Seriously. Alienware™ is the most product-placed product that's placed on Penny Arcade™. It's getting a little ridiculous. Or is this solely my confirmation bias?

I remember feeling the same way during the first series of 24. Man, CTU members sure like to use Apple® laptops! Why is their OS so radically different from Apple's OS, though? Have they jailborkened their laptops? I'm sure that's against the law.

Then I went and bought an apple.

apple turns up in a lot of things because they just let people use their stuff in media without any kind of restriction or request. And I'd assume gabe/kara have alienware laptops literally because they use alienware laptops in real life.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yea, they don't do product placement. I remember seeing that as one of the things they specifically refused when Khoo was doing his Q&A on reddit.

Generally stuff shows up in the strip because it's what they interact with in their personal lives. e.g. all of the mac/windows comics in the archives

edit: that sounds really authoritative in retrospect, like I have personal insight into the situation. These are just, like, my theories/assumptions/whatever. Maaaan.

Sticks on
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Are these other players being flirted with, or scripted NPC conversations with branching dialogue?

• ArthemiseArthemise Registered User new member
    NPCs.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    When it's other players, it looks more like this.

215539664_biEsB-L-2.jpg

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    That is correct. You will never see product placement in the strip. Any hardware stuff you see is because that's what they actually use. The Alienware stuff Mike bought himself, and I don't believe Alienware OR Dell has ever advertised on Penny Arcade. (although I suppose full disclosure, Alienware HAS exhibited at PAX, but everyone does, and that certainly doesn't affect Mike and Jerry's strip making process)

Some guy.
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    This strip made me laugh pretty hard. Ah the ins and outs of RL/Game relationships. Especially poignant since my wife and I originally met playing WoW.

• piLpiL Registered User regular
    Her passion will lead to the dark side.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Kara needs darkside corruption on her face in panel 3.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This is good comics

[Flirt] is always the right choice

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I like this comic a bunch :)

• DarketowerDarketower Registered User new member
    "No, you've got it all wrong! I mean, it's obvious that there are feelings between you and I, but we both know the Jedi code forbids it! And if I can't control the temptation of the Dark Side, I certainly don't want to bring you along with me! I'm flirting with her because I love you!"

• KiwicrackKiwicrack Registered User new member
    A couple that raids together, stays together...until Kira, the plucky padawan comes along and wrecks it all.

My significant other doesn't mind when my trooper's flirtations got him some 'action' with Jaxo, or with Elara, or my bounty hunter's creepy advances on Mako, but for some reason...any kindness shown to Kira really ticks her off.

• Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    A Jedi is forbidden to love.

I fear taken their first step down the dark path, they have.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My wife and I both paid the 2.5 million zeny necessary to divorce in Ragnarok Online to get married to each other in game. This is when we were still dating. Apparently my baby wizard made quite an impression on her assassin cross :winky:

• SulacoSulaco Registered User regular
    An excellent entry. Much needed laugh on a dreary Monday morning.

Wolf3D.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    gender coordinated eyeballs

• FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    I knew a couple that had this issue for real. They also dropped out of college thanks to WoW. I'm still a little amazed by it.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • StuntspikeStuntspike Don Juan De La Nooch In the midstRegistered User regular
    Gabe better be careful before he has to page Dr. Beat IRL...

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    While Jedi's are forbidden to love they are actually allowed to fuck. Kinda like priests.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A Jedi is forbidden to love.

I fear taken their first step down the dark path, they have.

I'm just saying that rule may cause some trouble.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • roguewriterroguewriter Registered User regular
    And that's why married fan of "Da Wars" stay together *Forever.* On a side note, reading through Gabe's article, if I'm not mistaken TOR has a feature that allows you to take the stats from new gear and transfer them to old gear so that you don't have to loose that wicked sweet Robe your Consular is spotting in favor of something that looks like it came out of Queen Amidala's wardrobe.