As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's discuss our lives in great detail

redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
Wow life is rockin right now. I just got a new job that's 1/4 of the commute and slightly better pay. It just happens to be in the best part of Denver, where there's always something to do. I'll be starting it as soon as they let me out of my current job, and I doubt I'll last the rest of the week in this hellhole.

Also I got tickets for Transformers tonight. Gonna watch it with my buddies and pray that it doesn't suck ass. All in all, this week is looking to be a good one!

What's going on in your week, guys and dolls? Are things looking up, starting to go your way? Or does it sound like someone has a case of the Mondays?

mondays.jpg

rbsig.jpg
redimpulse on

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have to go to a big meeting in an hour.

Weaver on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    not doing anything now

not doing anything tomorrow

or the day after that

and so on

sounds like a pretty fine week

Nuzak on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just ate a pretty killer fresh mozza wrap and some bottled peach tea.

And now I'm at work doing nothing.

I'm pretty horny though.

Faricazy on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I do, in fact, have a pretty serious case of the Mondays.

KalTorak on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    I'm pretty evened out right now between good and bad.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Friday will be the day that officially makes me a loser.

Woohoo.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm bored at work, playing with the shop kitty and I can't wait to see Transformers tomorrow.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »

Woohoo.

PotU: It's Friday!
    Girl: I'm still not going out with you.
    PotU: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE PROPHECY IS COMING TRUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not going to jerk off today so tomorrow it'll mean something

AHH! on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Larlar wrote: »

Woohoo.

I mean, you know, loser in life who will end somewhere in the streets in the near future.

But hell, I'm going to be so drunken this weekend!

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm gonna go see Live Free or Die Hard in a few hours.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm still working 14-hour days playing piano all day with only 1 or 2 hour breaks, until I come home and work on "Commissioner Gordon Trips the Signal"(Personal project - postpostmodern piece for Jazz Band) and revising "ReelPolitik"(Latest musical) for theater festivals in NYC.

Whoooooooooooooo I need sleep.

Khavall on
    edited July 2007
    Larlar wrote: »

Woohoo.

I mean, you know, loser in life who will end somewhere in the streets in the near future.

But hell, I'm going to be so drunken this weekend!

huuuugs.gif

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm getting paid 600 dollars a week to read this kind of stuff.
    My lady is coming down from Rochester tomorrow, and is spending the whole week at my house.
    There is much lovin' in my future.

Life is good.

Skullo on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Today my pants smell like mesquite smoke.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Me, I got a cross road in life. Ican go for my MBA and then go to Japan or I can go to Japan, come back and do my MBA then. I don't know, this really doesn't impact my Japan living plan as I want to do that as soon as possible, but an MBA? I never thought of that. It might help in Japan however, so I might want to take one in Japan. Man, so many choices.

Katchem_ash on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Khavall wrote: »
    I'm still working 14-hour days playing piano all day with only 1 or 2 hour breaks, until I come home and work on "Commissioner Gordon Trips the Signal"(Personal project - postpostmodern piece for Jazz Band) and revising "ReelPolitik"(Latest musical) for theater festivals in NYC.

yo define post post modern for me please

Orikaeshigitae on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    we're done with field work for a while, so I don't have to go out to Riverside with its 100+ temperatures. Tomorrow night I'm going to San Diego to spend the 4th with friends and family. Work again Thursday, then taking off Friday and Monday to go to Santa Barbara with the family and see my older brother for the first time this year.

the wook on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i'm going to steak and shake tonight with my friends betsey and cecily cause they wanted to hang out and i wanted milkshakes

Kovak on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    there is a fuzzy spot on my face because I am bad at shaving

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am basically doing nothing right now. I'm on break from school and I quit my summer job a few weeks ago because it was way too stressful.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm quitting caffeine and it makes me want to kill.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am horrendously gassy right now.

Weaver on
    edited July 2007
    i'm going to steak and shake tonight with my friends betsey and cecily cause they wanted to hang out and i wanted milkshakes

i'm going to start my CoC campaign with my RL play group

because of knob, this version wills tart before the forum version

Orikaeshigitae on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Weaver wrote: »
    I am horrendously gassy right now.

i've been eating a lot of fruit lately, and I've been super gassy as well.

*poot*

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

i'm going to start my CoC campaign with my RL play group

because of knob, this version wills tart before the forum version

i really need to practice saxophone and guitar more

also i have a job and eventually it should start giving me shifts but they're really slow about it and if it wasnt a music store with the best boss ever i would have left for a place that was starting me immediately.

Also i really need to practice math more. I am math team captain and i am horrible

Kovak on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Life is okay for me right now, besides the pants thing.

I earn a more than adequate amount of money considering the work that I do. My girlfriend is good. My apartment is good.

And yet I watch Entourage and see how I could be living.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
    edited July 2007

yo define post post modern for me please

Ooh ooh, I love doing this.

The problem with postmodernism was that it tried to cut itself off from high modernism, but then all the postmodernists realized that they wanted to be taken seriously. So they found Bertolt Brecht and crafted great monuments and worked devoted to his thoughts that all art should suck ass. And then they started getting all serious and pretentious about what they were doing, and being all like "You see, I've used a self-critical distance in my work to separate the parody from the audience, thus forcing them to apply a Brechtian mindset to realize the fullness of the satire", and other shit like that. Which is boring. Basically, they hate their parents(Modernism), but are dying for the modernists to pay attention to them and secretly want their respect.

So basically Postmodernists are the Emos of the art world.

Post-Post-Modernism corrects this, because we not only want to split from postmodernism, but also we could care less if they take us seriously. So I don't justify the shit I put down on paper, I just say "Hey... I want this to go here". And yeah, the music I write isn't entirely without cause or reason, just it's not trumped up in convolution and pretentiousness. So basically postpostmodernists are the drunken kid at the party drinking out of a shoe before making out with a random hot girl who passes by, before asking her name.

(PS the music on my myspace is not postpostmodern. Only my classical music is in that style.

Khavall on
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    sick 2 year old, pregnet wife and lots of yardwork waiting for me at home...

:(

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • GrinninBarrettGrinninBarrett Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Khavall wrote:

You get payed to play the piano? D: I tried to find a job doing that but I was forced to admit defeat, and got a job answering phones

Or maybe I read that wrong and you're just practicing 14 hours a day, which I don't envy at all

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    yeah, i figured that

since modernism is about progress and postmodernism is about reinventing the past, it follows that post post modernism would be about stagnation

Orikaeshigitae on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Khavall
    Why won't he shut up?

i keed, i keed

Faricazy on
    edited July 2007
    Khavall wrote:

You get payed to play the piano? D: I tried to find a job doing that but I was forced to admit defeat, and got a job answering phones

Or maybe I read that wrong and you're just practicing 14 hours a day, which I don't envy at all

Nope, I'm performing most of the time.

From 9:00 to about noon I'm being a copyist for PSU Libraries Fred Waring Collection, then I go to back-to-back rehearsals and then I have a dinner break before evening performances. But the performances should be done soon, so I might get some sleep someday soon.

Khavall on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cap is now working at my job with me.
    Vegas trip in this same month.
    PAX next month. School the month after that.
    Things are pretty awesome.

Although I do have tendonitis in my left hand right now, which is not as awesome.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited July 2007
    yeah, i figured that

since modernism is about progress and postmodernism is about reinventing the past, it follows that post post modernism would be about stagnation

See, the way I see it Modernism is about crunching numbers, Postmodernism is about justifying inane shit, and postpostmodernism is about throwing the needless pretentiousness out the window and creating art that is artistically driven instead of academically driven...

Khavall on
  • ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I could tell you all about my life but you just wouldn't understand *ANGST*

Thaox on
    edited July 2007
    yeah, i figured that

See, the way I see it Modernism is about crunching numbers, Postmodernism is about justifying inane shit, and postpostmodernism is about throwing the needless pretentiousness out the window and creating art that is artistically driven instead of academically driven...

no

no it isn't

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well its summer. I sit around, play music, hang out with friends, drive around, eat, work out occasionally.

I may have a girlfriend too, come Wednesday.

Ol' Sparky on
    edited July 2007
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    I may have a girlfriend too, come Wednesday.

oh boy, is it official

do you get namebadges

Orikaeshigitae on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Right now I'm still 600 miles from my wife, so that sucks. I'm also 600 miles from my dogs, that sucks too.

Work is kinda flaky, within the next month or two I'll either be eating cat food, or wiping my ass with $100 bills. Can't tell which.

My wife and dogs are still 600 miles away.

I can get around the house with just a cane, and around the kitchen with nothing at all as long as I keep a hand on the counter. Thats pretty kick ass. I have to spend my free time at the gym with a great trainer-therapist, but he works me like a nazi.

all in all.... 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg