As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taxi [Chat]er

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Seems like extralegal methods will result in extralegal methods being used in kind

I hope the storm never subsides

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what on earth is skyfish

*googles*

oh my god

i now get a joke in a castlevania game

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I never really got into Syndicate, and I feel like my life is slightly less meaningful for the loss.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov0b0NpEXvY

HUNK CARES NOT FOR YOUR CHAINSAWS.
    this is how DE:HR's combat should have worked

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    [chat], @Captain Carrot thinks I should watch the LOTR series.

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

I've never seen it.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

You should watch Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang.

Or Shaolin Soccer.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    like, something like this just amazes me

ojsvw.jpg

it's like being given the hard sell by a braindamaged russian pimp

WAIT TILL YOU SEE THESE ARE MUCH GIRLS ANYTHING

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I don't get it.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Went to the Getty Villa today, it was pretty nice. Really nice gardens, some very nice sculptures and vases. It did get a little samey after a bit because it was all from the same period.

My favorite bit is I found this marble statue of venus that was down some side path with a side imploring you to touch it. It said that they had set this statue specifically for touching, unlike the rest of the museum, so go wild. I explored every inch of that thing with my hands, closed my eyes and just felt it out. It was pretty amazing. It's one thing to just look at the statue but you really understand the crafstmanship so much more touching. The detail, like, just in the toes alone, in the joints and the nails, the way everything felt. If it wasn't cold marble you could have mistaken it for a person they got the proportions and shape and curves and everything so right. And then I felt weird because I was feeling up a naked statue of a girl.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Holy shit I have over 13 thousand posts... when did that happen...

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

oman, now I want to play some metroidvania

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

Everyone should watch LOTR's at least once.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote:

Shortly after having 12999 posts.

• Options
    wazilla wrote:

Shortly after having 12999 posts.

Or shortly before; we are on Vanilla after all.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Went to the Getty Villa today, it was pretty nice. Really nice gardens, some very nice sculptures and vases. It did get a little samey after a bit because it was all from the same period.

My favorite bit is I found this marble statue of venus that was down some side path with a side imploring you to touch it. It said that they had set this statue specifically for touching, unlike the rest of the museum, so go wild. I explored every inch of that thing with my hands, closed my eyes and just felt it out. It was pretty amazing. It's one thing to just look at the statue but you really understand the crafstmanship so much more touching. The detail, like, just in the toes alone, in the joints and the nails, the way everything felt. If it wasn't cold marble you could have mistaken it for a person they got the proportions and shape and curves and everything so right. And then I felt weird because I was feeling up a naked statue of a girl.

The Getty Villa is gorgeous.

Also you're a weirdo pervert.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I want to do this to my kids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJl1h7K_uAQ

• Options
    wazilla wrote:

This made me check myself.

Fuck me.

• Options
    Obviously without them killing themselves, but I'd like to mess with them.

Just not as bad as my dad messed with me.

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

I had that game for a bit. Yeah, similar level layouts and gameplay...

...but the way Kirby moves versus the way Alucard or Soma moves are very different. Part of what I like about Castlevania is the nimble feeling of the protagonist, and Kirby doesn't really have that.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Seems I'm swearing in church by not praising SW:TOR to the skies.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

The Getty Villa is gorgeous.

Also you're a weirdo pervert.

I was actually kind of disappointed that of course, the one statue you can touch is a naked Venus. They should have had it been a dude with some rude junk.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote:
    I never really got into Syndicate, and I feel like my life is slightly less meaningful for the loss.

it is

unfortunately my copy from GoG plays the intro movie beautifully and perfectly and then nothing

I guess I should've known it wouldn't be this easy

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Mim wrote:

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

You should watch Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang.

Or Shaolin Soccer.

From Paris with Love was surprisingly good, considering it's John Travolta.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Ok well any other seattle dudes able to answer this?

How bad are conditions down there? Bad enough to explain why I'm having a hard time getting in contact with a studio there?

in case you haven't been answered:

I've lived in the seattle / eastside area since I was 17 and was in north Kitsap (not far away) prior.

This is probably the 2nd or 3rd heaviest snow storm I've seen around here in those 31 years.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Quizzy I asked you if you were interested in a play by post

But you snubbed me

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote:
    Just found out in Toronto they don't let prospective parents know the sex of their child.

Might be all of Canada actually, but certainly specifically there.

(because of sex selective abortions)

Was reading a debate about how paternalistic anti-choice the law is, but I've gotta say I think it's coming from a good place, and the anti-choice rhetoric seems dishonest. After all the argument for pro-choice is deeply founded in the pianist player, not that the fetus is the woman's property, and not divulging medically irrelevant information has no effect upon that. Or am I totally misreading that?

What what? News to me.

Its a racist policy targeted excursively to South Asians since the author makes the racist arguments that South Asians kill baby girls in Canada when its not even true.

I know this is also outlawed in India, where people were aborting girls upon learning about the sex of the child.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    @Mim, forget LOTR, you know what movie you should watch?

Forbiden Zone.

NSFW Rendition of Minnie the Moocher.

• Options
    Echo wrote:

I'm sure it's a fine game, but everything I've experienced combined with a lot that I've heard lead me to believe that everything surrounding the game - the account management, security, installation, patcher, etc. - are shit from a butt.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Seems like extralegal methods will result in extralegal methods being used in kind

I hope the storm never subsides

your avatar and sig combo fit this statement rather well

• Options
    Echo wrote:

you're like Quisling 2.0

I like TOR a lot actually and have been having fun with it but some of the fans are basically head cases

• Options
    Jokerman wrote:
    @Mim, forget LOTR, you know what movie you should watch?

Forbiden Zone.

NSFW Rendition of Minnie the Moocher.

Fuck yes Danny Elfman.

I need to watch that movie.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Feral wrote:
    I'm sure it's a fine game

Not with stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqR7G8iM3R4

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    If I ever get married, I'm going to encourage my wife to forego the whole taking my name thing.

I'd much rather we come up with an awesome, brand-new last name for the both of us.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:

really?

I've been really wanting to play an MMO and am seriously considering now renewing after my first month.

The main reason is the lack of a Dungeon Finder. I got way used to that back the last time I played WoW. But also the star wars theme seems so... thin. I dunno. Like I keep getting jarring moments that take me out of it. And the theme means my wife isn't playing.

Which, now that I think of it, is probably the killer.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    What the fuck is this Jokerman?

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @gooey @dynagrip are you guys playing SF online or in real life like chumps?

we play in real life on occassion at this place http://www.joystixamusements.com/

it's p. cool. Their website is awful though. Being able to drink in a classic arcade is pretty sweet.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Mim wrote:

I think "Naaaaaah"

What does [chat] think?

Pros: They have excellent production values. A stellar cast, great music, and are reasonably* well adapted from the source material.

Cons: The full trilogy seems to be a little over 9 hours. That's a lot of movie.

What are your reasons for resisting?
    * Look, this is a major nitpick but I can't help the way I feel
    I hate them for gutting Eowyn and the Witch King's dialogue.

Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.