As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Megaupload shut down by the Poops, Anonymous responds with predictable Nerd-Rage

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    really that timeline image should be a lot more crowded there are a zillion fucking "the cast goes through time" star trek episodes

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    also in the episode where homer goes to space int he non syndicated version barney and homer have the same fight.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    really that timeline image should be a lot more crowded there are a zillion fucking "the cast goes through time" star trek episodes

Oh definitely, I mean, half the movies involve timey-wimey shenanigans

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    five hundred years of data being buried in that one episode

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    man yeah that red matter thing sure was stupid

not like all the hard science in the rest of star trek like the teleporters and warp drives and antimatter fuel

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    are we posting complex timelines from science fiction franchises in here

because if so,

• Options
    babylon 5 was pretty great

i hear people saying bad things about it sometimes, and i feel upset by that

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    2_stotimeline.png

You forgot to add the marking that represented 6 years wasted watching a series about people stuck on an island.

• Options
    meiz did you have a bad breakup with lost or something

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    seriously if this stupid bullshit continues i will devolve this into a critical explanation of transformers universal streams in vivid detail

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Meiz wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    2_stotimeline.png

You forgot to add the marking that represented 6 years wasted watching a series about people stuck on an island.

Hey guys, I think this guy might have a thing against JJ Abrams.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Didn't Voyager, and to an extent Enterprise, reveal that the future Federation basically has time cops?

Where the hell were they during the reboot?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I stopped watching LOST after season 2 and didn't pick it back up until three episodes from the end

the way people talk has convinced me that I had the best LOST experience

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    seriously if this stupid bullshit continues i will devolve this into a critical explanation of transformers universal streams in vivid detail

tell me about axiom nexus

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Didn't Voyager, and to an extent Enterprise, reveal that the future Federation basically has time cops?

being in the original timeline a-duh

• Options
    Comahawk wrote:

enterprise did it to the nth degree, they made it super duper clear the future federation had a special branch devoted to time travel. i can't specifically remember what they were called, but they factored into a ton of plot points in ENT

frankly, though, as much as i liked enterprise, the time travel was weak

and i really genuinely loved enterprise, mostly for the stand alone episodes

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

As long as Michael Bay's Transformers isn't mentioned in this, go for it

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Meiz wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    2_stotimeline.png

Here's a more helpful timeline

l2BP5.png

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Comahawk wrote:

The logic seems to be that normally time travel just changes the current universe and the red matter didn't just rip them through time but also into an alternate universe like in the TNG episode Parallel.

Alternately they just wanted to do a damn reboot.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    transformers timeline:

shit we gotta sell some more toys

new timeline

anti this is just a joke I know transformers has some cool stuff

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:

Where i on the other hand will only allow it if only Micheal bay is involved.

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    transformers timeline:

shit we gotta sell some more toys

new timeline

anti this is just a joke I know transformers has some cool stuff

to be fair that is how it works

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Comahawk wrote:

You're talking about Section 31, who were actually a DS9 creation. One of the few things Voyager did right was ignore them.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    let's switch to Legend of Zelda timelines

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

tell me about axiom nexus
    Axiom Nexus is a city within the multiverse populated by advanced Transformers called TransTechs

they have a superiority complex like whoa, and the city itself is known for receiving various lowtech offworlders via accidents in transwarp technology, or visitors going there by choice

the lowtechs are oppressed by the TransTech government, tagged, and monitored

the science division of Axiom Nexus has documented over fifteen million concurrent universes, whilst Bug Bite, a Renegade, claims there's over 15 QUADRILLION universes in the multiverse

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Comahawk wrote:

The logic seems to be that normally time travel just changes the current universe and the red matter didn't just rip them through time but also into an alternate universe like in the TNG episode Parallel.

Alternately they just wanted to do a damn reboot.

Kind of makes sense.

I like the reboot, it was just all this talk about ST made me realize that those time cops should have basically intervened.

Also, the series needed a reboot after Enterprise/Nemesis/Voyager. That, or a very long break before a new series was done.

• Options
    memory-alpha might be my favorite example of egregious nitpicking nerdery to the max, though

every episode summary has like a dozen quotes, basically outlining every plot point / thing some dork thought was hilarious in retarded detail

it's a monumental testament to thousands of mental illnesses

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Fandyien wrote:
    memory-alpha might be my favorite example of egregious nitpicking nerdery to the max, though

every episode summary has like a dozen quotes, basically outlining every plot point / thing some dork thought was hilarious in retarded detail

Memory Beta is even worse

• Options
    Dubh wrote:
    let's switch to Legend of Zelda timelines

actually that got solved, did you here?

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    Fandyien wrote:

that's for non-licensed / not-canon stuff right

like the extended universe of star trek

i've never delved into that at all. my dad has a few star trek books from the 70s and 80s, though

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:

not like all the hard science in the rest of star trek like the teleporters and warp drives and antimatter fuel

Red matter: "Makes a black hole"

Compare that to:
    Transporter
    Warp Drive

Antimater is kind of real dude.

That's the problem. Sure it's a lot of work that might pan out to be unfeasible but at least it always took the time to try to be plausible. I can deal with people flying through a black hole if it's a Disney movie. Not Star Trek after being built up to what it was.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

If it was purely making fun of Michael Bay and his Transformers, I would be fine with it

But the vivid detail leads me to believe it would be informative and shit, and no thanks I don't want anybody acting like they can explain his Transformer movies in a way that doesn't make them sound insane

• Options
    I always wanted to read the star trek novels penned by william shatner

where the borg dig up kirk's corpse in a fiendish scheme to make him relevant again

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Fandyien wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Fandyien wrote:

that's for non-licensed / not-canon stuff right

like the extended universe of star trek

i've never delved into that at all. my dad has a few star trek books from the 70s and 80s, though

Yeah it's about books and stuff, the soft canon

although mem alpha has some of that stuff too

super ambiguous

• Options
    Meiz wrote:

she's right there

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Meiz wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:

Red matter: "Makes a black hole"

Compare that to:
    Transporter
    Warp Drive

That's the problem. Sure it's a lot of work that might pan out to be unfeasible but at least it always took the time to try to be plausible. I can deal with people flying through a black hole if it's a Disney movie. Not Star Trek after being built up to what it was.

Let me tell you about deflector dishes.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

If it was purely making fun of Michael Bay and his Transformers, I would be fine with it

But the vivid detail leads me to believe it would be informative and shit, and no thanks I don't want anybody acting like they can explain his Transformer movies in a way that doesn't make them sound insane

"and then, robots happened"

• Options
    Hullis wrote:

Here's a more helpful timeline

l2BP5.png

Hahahaha. Oh man. Well done.

This discussion has been closed.