As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Attendees Map and Find Other People in Your Location (Submissions Closed)

• yanksrul5yanksrul5 New JerseyRegistered User regular
    So I have taken the train from Jersey up to EAST the last two years and now my friends are pressuring me into driving up this year. I know it would be a bit cheaper and only a tad bit faster. But I don't really want to lose that experience of haning out and having fun on the train and not having to sit through traffic is pretty nice too. The only thing I have to decide now is if I should cave in and skip the train.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Don't skip the train, the train is awesome!

Have your friends done the train before? If not you should make them a deal. Take the train this year, and if they hate it you'll drive next year.

Protip: They won't hate it unless they hate fun.

E6LkoFK.png

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The thought of getting stuck on I-95 traffic is enough encouragement for me to take Amtrak. Been there enough times when I used to travel up to Boston for work. Plus the added convience of being able to get up & walk around, use the restroom or grab a bite to eat without having to make a pitstop.

JerYnkFan on
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

Have your friends done the train before? If not you should make them a deal. Take the train this year, and if they hate it you'll drive next year.

One of them has gone on the train but the other two are thinking about how much cheaper the car is. If all else fails, I will just take the train alone and laugh at them when they show up at the hotel well after me!

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    yanksrul5 wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

One of them has gone on the train but the other two are thinking about how much cheaper the car is. If all else fails, I will just take the train alone and laugh at them when they show up at the hotel well after me!

If your friends want to save some bucks over train, but avoid driving themselves, Boltbus has a Newark to Boston route.

• HolyyakkerHolyyakker Registered User regular
    Put in a request for myself. Coming with two other people from New Britain CT.

"Beware to March of Dimes" - MacBeth
    JerYnkFan wrote:
    yanksrul5 wrote:
    Moe Fwacky wrote:

If your friends want to save some bucks over train, but avoid driving themselves, Boltbus has a Newark to Boston route.

There's no fun on the boltbus though

E6LkoFK.png

• zombiechronzombiechron Zebesian Mind Smuggler Miskatonic UniveristyRegistered User regular
    I added myself, I got someone one town over (NH)

ZILTOID
  • Joset305Joset305 Registered User regular
    I'm from miami Florida. I will be traveling by plane probably M.I.A international Looking to meet up at the airport
    :)

Well, its offical. I got talked into skipping the trian. They found my weakness and talked me into driving up. My friends bought me Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS to "encourage" me to drive up.

• shibasshibas Registered User new member
    I'm driving from Update New York. Haven't quite decided the path to take yet. Over to Plattsburgh and down, over to Burlington and down, or straight down from my location(Backroads), until I hit the same interstate I would if I had gone over to Plattsburgh first.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    yanksrul5 wrote:
    Well, its offical. I got talked into skipping the trian. They found my weakness and talked me into driving up. My friends bought me Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS to "encourage" me to drive up.

but...but...you can't play 3DS while driving!

also, NC peeps - where u at??? there have to be more PAX nerds than this here. I know pixelkitty is here, but she's not on the map yet...

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • hwalker84hwalker84 Registered User new member
    edited February 2012
    I'm in Pittsburgh and flying Thursday morning before PAX East

hwalker84 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll be updating this either later today or tonight :) so many submissions!

Hey for all of you in here. There is now a thread about flights over here in case you want to try and find people on your flights as well as in your area.

E6LkoFK.png

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Added. Will be flying in from Peterborough, UK.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
    Added:
    DaemonSadi
    Fartmancer
    klassicxero
    Volaro
    Paine
    Bitera
    pinkranger
    scosner56
    UWorlds
    UnlnvlslblE
    thedandmom
    DeathByOrganic
    LoonyEclipse
    girlgamer88
    The_Power
    ErickaJo
    Upchuckerx91
    Jarhed
    Arigh
    Spenc28
    HolyYakker
    RealPlumpBox
    rbzsfg
    zombiechron
    Lelldorianx
    maedhros
    PurpleBek
    Kalabajooie
    Domino
    Jlsoikitty
    TdarTURbo
    hwalker84
    EscoBlades

Processed changes from:
    agq
    adias.angel
    LexiconGrrl
    Yanksrul5

People were added to: AL, CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, SD, Quebec, and the UK

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of 2" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

• EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Nice to see quite a few UK peeps :D

tHBv9m5.png
    Youtube | Twitter
    Added:
    Magpie Maydin
    Euphorio
    Kryptolojik
    araka5i
    MagicSwordKing
    LedaXI

People were added to: MA, PA, SC, and VA

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of 2" (or 1 of whatever) with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

• sycksydejuggalosycksydejuggalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    im coming to the expo from northern NH in my SUV and got plenty of room if you need a ride just wanted to let everyone know!!! hit me up if you need a lift and can throw a lil down in gas!!

sycksydejuggalo on
  • EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just in case you can't find anyone to go with you and you want to consider other options, taking a bus from Nashua or somewhere like that down to Boston (South Station) is pretty cheap. The group I'm going with bought round trip bus tickets for $22 a person. I know there's plenty of other locations other than Nashua, that's just where we're coming from so we didn't bother looking at the others. The company is "Boston Express" if you're interested.

Edit: Also, if you haven't driven in Boston traffic before you might want to consider the bus especially since it'll probably be really busy that weekend because of PAX East, Anime Boston, and Easter all being on the same weekend.

Emphara on
    signature.png
  • laivindillaivindil Registered User regular
    I just added my name on the form. If anyone else is in Dorchester and wants to meet up before going to PAX or hang out after hit me up!

PAX East 2012 Attendee. Also going to East 13.
  • sycksydejuggalosycksydejuggalo Registered User regular
    and i hear the concerts are first come first serve??? wtf?? i wanna see the concerts for sure no matter what so now i gotta misss half the day to wait in line so i get in?

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    and i hear the concerts are first come first serve??? wtf?? i wanna see the concerts for sure no matter what so now i gotta misss half the day to wait in line so i get in?

wrong topic, but regardless: the lines usually do not open until 2 hours prior to the concerts. expo hall closes at 6. lines open at 6 or 7.. you shouldn't have to miss too much. tip for you: even if you don't have twitter, but do have a cell phone, text FOLLOW pax_lines to 40404. That will save your life throughout the con

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
    Added:
    Reverend Snide
    vttym
    GeeGussum
    Blitzman
    vicechan
    laivindil
    KissMeGoodbye
    Radjago
    sassfactor4
    cacash10
    kanthony

People were added to: CA, MA, NJ, OH, OK, PA, SD, TX, Nova Scotia, and Australia

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of 2" (or 1 of whatever) with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Solid props to the peeps coming all the way from Down Under :D

tHBv9m5.png
    Youtube | Twitter
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    From West Warwick, RI Taking the MBTA from Providence Thursday and staying at the Double Tree near Chinatown.

• marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    Wow, Australia to Boston most be in excess of twenty hours. That's more than double my own flight time. I'll resist the urge to moan about the flight from London.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Greetings. I filled out the form, placing myself in Asheville with reverend_tobias. I figured I was the only PAXian from this town.

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Wow, Australia to Boston most be in excess of twenty hours. That's more than double my own flight time. I'll resist the urge to moan about the flight from London.
    21 hours from my home town to LAX. And then onto Boston. It's good for the frequent-flyer miles. :)

Ninja edit: and I'm not even the first Aussie on the map. The only Queenslander so far, though.

Reverend Snide on
    Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    Hey zer, I'm moving from that Southeastern corner in KY I'm at right now to Lexington, KY. So requesting a marker change :D

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ugh sorry for the double post :\

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Sent in the form to put my mark on the map. I believe I'm the 3rd closest point to the Convention Center. A friend of mine missed out on getting a 3-day pass and he would have been 2 streets away from the back of the BCEC, such a loss...

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
    Sent in the form to put my mark on the map. I believe I'm the 3rd closest point to the Convention Center. A friend of mine missed out on getting a 3-day pass and he would have been 2 streets away from the back of the BCEC, such a loss...

Your friend can still get 3 single day passes and get in all 3 days.

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Your friend can still get 3 single day passes and get in all 3 days.

Yeah, he didn't want to stoop the extra needed cash for 3 single days... Whatever, it's his loss. He'll only feel worse each night, since I'm gonna crash at his place through the Con, HAHA.

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:
    Greetings. I filled out the form, placing myself in Asheville with reverend_tobias. I figured I was the only PAXian from this town.

Asheville, NC? If so, what-up fellow Carolinian? :)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That_Guy wrote:

Asheville, NC? If so, what-up fellow Carolinian? :)

Ahoy ahoy. I am going to buy a DSLR from someone on Craigslist tonight. I was so disappointed at the quality of my photos from last year, that I wanted to get a good camera for this year. I have a bunch of old manual focus Nikor lenses that I plan on using with it too.

That_Guy on
    Reiterating once again: Please check the map before you submit a new placemark request. @Cyant, you were already on the map. I took the liberty of updating your old placemark to your new submission.

Added:
    Wheels35
    ighter23
    Shaydin
    That_Guy
    Tap Master C
    Thebirdman7799
    flaznar
    BIGmog
    egotist
    kevindoc

Updated:
    Cyant
    Moe Fwacky

People were added/modified to/in: CO, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, NC, NY, NJ, WA, and Quebec

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Curses! You've exposed my secret underwater lair deep in the depths of Greenlake.

(twirls mustache)

I'll get you for this Zerzhul!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Added:
    Deadsqwirl
    iamadecoy
    Fox 9091
    tigrerosa
    BinarySamurai
    Taeila_Fae

People were added/modified to/in: CT, IN, MA, NC, NY, and Ontario