As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] “My God,” the asari Council member said feelingly.

1929394959698»

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    That is the only worthwhile use of such a bad word.

I finally got around to buying these games. I hear you guy slike them a lot. That sort of thing never affects me, I just decided to buy them finally due to trusting bioware.

I'm going to play the first one all the way and I don't actually care at all that the second is better because I always pretend the second one doesn't exist when I play the first one until I finish it.

Like, I never managed to beat witcher 1, but before playing witcher 2 I went back and beat witcher 1. Even though Witcher 2 was sitting on my hdd for two weeks I still beat witcher 1 first. That's how I roll.

Anyway I just want to know if there are any critical pc bugs or patches or whatnot, any "you should have known this first" issue I need to know.

Be careful when talking to Ashley and Liara. I was trying to do a no-romance run for ME1 (because I didn't want to cheat on anybody in ME2)
    whoa there

we're on a break

i thought we were seeing other people

(kaidan actually does see other people so fuck him)

(or more accurately, fuck garrus)

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Standard bioware thing.
    I usually end up with the girl that pushes themselves on you in every bioware game because I feel bad about being a dick.
    I really liked the dragon age 1 version of this "feature" though, since she was goddam crazy so it felt appropriate somehow.

"Tis cold in my quarters, Commander Shepard," Liara T'Soni said feelingly.

"I take it buying you a heater is out of the question" Shepard replied morosely.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Standard bioware thing. Baldur's gate 2 had the worst version.
    I usually end up with the girl that pushes themselves on you in every bioware game because I feel bad about being a dick.
    I really liked the dragon age 1 version of this "feature" though, since she was goddam crazy so it felt appropriate somehow.

Remember this: the Mako is a harsh mistress. Treat her well, lest she betray ye.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Standard bioware thing.

"I take it buying you a heater is out of the question" Shepard replied morosely.

"Well, I have a nice ass", Miranda said cheekily.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bioware should just farm their novels out to high school students and fanfic writers, they'd have better returns. Edit: Also, most of those sentences you guys offered in parody are better than the uniquely awful language failure in the title.

@MorningLord, you'll want to look up Bring Down the Sky, which is free-for-PC DLC. I'm not sure what the wacky requirement for getting it working is since it previously relied on an ME1 CD-key entered on a now-defunct website, but I think someone posted a link recently about a universal key and a working download. Someone can answer, I'm sure, otherwise there's always EA support.

Other than that I recommend playing an adept or some other biotic class, because they're so much more fun than ME1's gun combat. And if you want to do multiple runs, like a paragon then a renegade, do them before starting ME2, speedrunning the second by main quest only if necessary. And make one of them a femshep. Oh, and the pistol is actually the strongest weapon class once you level it.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Standard bioware thing.

"Well, I have a nice ass", Miranda said cheekily.

"Why don't you keep Liara warm with it then"

Wouldn't it be great if you could really make snarky replies like that.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    That is the only worthwhile use of such a bad word.

I finally got around to buying these games. I hear you guy slike them a lot. That sort of thing never affects me, I just decided to buy them finally due to trusting bioware.

I'm going to play the first one all the way and I don't actually care at all that the second is better because I always pretend the second one doesn't exist when I play the first one until I finish it.

Like, I never managed to beat witcher 1, but before playing witcher 2 I went back and beat witcher 1. Even though Witcher 2 was sitting on my hdd for two weeks I still beat witcher 1 first. That's how I roll.

Anyway I just want to know if there are any critical pc bugs or patches or whatnot, any "you should have known this first" issue I need to know.

Be careful when talking to Ashley and Liara. I was trying to do a no-romance run for ME1 (because I didn't want to cheat on anybody in ME2)
    whoa there

we're on a break

i thought we were seeing other people

(kaidan actually does see other people so fuck him)

(or more accurately, fuck garrus)

Yeah, this is probably what the reunion between my canonShep and Ashley is going to look like: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/16

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the DID YOU THINK THEY WEREN'T gets me every time

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i think i smell tal cooking up a new thread

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ready to go

PNk1Ml4.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    great. hope about some fanart to round us out?

QUADS.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    1187_1950.jpeg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    398754_353541028006836_136219176405690_1273294_1539236809_n.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Did somebody say fanart?!

How about a sexy batarian as a send off for this thread.
    batarian_beauty_by_yanarada-d4de5v4.jpg

Yessss, yessss, gaze upon it, let the horror sink in.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Balak, I don't care how many dresses you wear or how big your earrings are, you aren't fooling me.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    This game is going to be the best

Demo, Captain Kirrahae spoilers
    tumblr_lu98xerjkW1qlbej5o1_400.gif

Renegade Wolf on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Oh god he's indoctrinated![\spoiler]

Not really a spoiler but Im sure someone will misunderstand

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Playing through ME1... I realised that there are a lot of plot points that were just straight dropped for ME2. Like Shepard being able to understand the Prothean language, having the cipher, or being the only guy, except Saren, who is able to use the beacons without going nuts.

Be pretty neat if they showed up in ME3.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I rather like the fact Shepard is a transhuman god at this point. We need a Shepard gif. with those Deus Ex shades.

Blurbl wrote:
    Playing through ME1... I realised that there are a lot of plot points that were just straight dropped for ME2. Like Shepard being able to understand the Prothean language, having the cipher, or being the only guy, except Saren, who is able to use the beacons without going nuts.

Be pretty neat if they showed up in ME3.

I'm pretty sure they will since
    recent footage showed Shepard checking out newly discovered Prothean archives on Mars

PNk1Ml4.png