As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transformers- IDW Reboot Zone

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    TF_MTMTEcov01.jpg
    the colored cover to MTMTE #1

So. Excited. For this!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    FrEDi.jpg
    Siren design by Milne! Apparently based more on Transformers Prime and less on War for Cybertron.

Antimatter on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    anti are there any good bruticus comics

7656367.jpg
    thread title updated

edited January 2012
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Good preview.

Why do I get the feeling that
    Prowl is going to sabotage their ship? Oddly enough I can almost seeing him become the "big bad" one day.
    If I had a problem with the preview it had to do with the waist of the bots, it's so freaking skinny, it's almost animated style. I was going to ask what was up with Rodimus until I saw the others.

i dig the art, personally. Roche has been playing up the cartooniness a but but i'm okay with that, and Josh Burcham is delivering his usual top notch coloring.
    also
    yeah, if Prowl doesn't try to sabotage the ship I will be STUNNED.

fun fact: Liars, A to D, in addition to being a reference to the song Liars, A to E, is also the name of one of James Roberts' previous stories from before his employment as an official Transformers writer.

more promos added to the OP, comic is out

it was really good!

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I can back Anti on this.

Introduces a large cast with enough to make you care about most-to-all of them. Good dialog. Good ending.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Still in a holding pattern for Robots in Disguise. My robo-boner for Starscream and Soundwave won't go away no matter what I do...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Ok I couldnt wait and pick this up tonight.

It is sooo damn good, it's a very good time to be into Transformers fiction. Prowl is a dick and it makes me want to track down his classics toy. And I now want updates of Chromedome, Rewind, and I'm sure I'll want a new bulky Red Alert, and Brainstorm (he has a suitcase!) before this is all over.

Brb, making Lost Light crew shelf.

A tappet is the noise made by a worn cam follower, however the term is widely used to represent the cam follower itself. In mechanical engineering it is a projection which imparts a linear motion to some other component within an assembly.
    i had to google it. Surprised to see Noddy-Bot's playing a part in RID!

UP AND AT 'EM

Im off work in 30 minutes, this is where I'm going!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I've started to get into the whole new TF universe and have a major question for you all. I want to pick up these two new series but when I read the stories for the two I went, "Wait, what is happening here?" I really need to read more of the IDW stuff but no idea where to start. So hoping that you fine gentlebots here can help me. I bought Megatron Origin and enjoyed that ride, but now am stuck trying to figure out where to start. I went over to IDW's website and they're no help to tell me what order I should read these comics in. Is there a list somewhere or can you help a TF addict out? Also are the DW comics considered in the IDW stories (I have them, just haven't read them all in order yet)?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The DW stories are all pretty not good to bad, with the sole exception being the Sunstorm arc

The only thing you really need to fill in the background for the new series is the Death of Optimus Prime one-shot

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    yeah, Death of Optimus Prime is all you need to understand the series at most

if you really want to read the rest of IDW, http://tfwiki.net/wiki/IDW_Generation_1_continuity#Media
    approximate chronological order for their continuity. you're totally fine just reading DoOP, then RID and MTMTE.

Thanks for the input on the DW series. I originally bought them all because I wanted new TF to read then hamster-buried them till I moved and discovered them again. Looks like I'll just hamster bury them again and move on.

Cool, will pick up the Death of Optimus Prime book when I pick up the two new ones. Think I saw it on the digital front as well, which will work better for me.

Thanks for the IDW link Antimatter, I've been interested in the new series since I have seen a comic here and there but I hate jumping in the middle of things.

Thanks a million you two. Makes me feel better about getting back into the TF universe. The old Marvel comics can only be read so many times without wanting more.

oosik_betsuni.png
    very welcome! I highly recommend anything you can find written by Nick Roche or James Roberts, especially Last Stand of the Wreckers. That story doesn't require much prior knowledge to read it at all, just that Megatron is believed to be dead by the Autobots during the time of the story.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    So, verdict on RiD? Good, bad, excellent?

Likely gonna check it out when I go to get my comics tonight, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to check and maybe save myself a few bucks if it's terri-bad.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's good, much more serious in tone than MTMTE was. There's a few pages in the MOTW thread for you to see, the Decepticon issue seems to be the key plot to start the series off with.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I just picked it up and read through it. Really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where the series goes. Art is fantastic, and those War for Cybertron designs are popping up.

Antimatter wrote:
    very welcome! I highly recommend anything you can find written by Nick Roche or James Roberts, especially Last Stand of the Wreckers. That story doesn't require much prior knowledge to read it at all, just that Megatron is believed to be dead by the Autobots during the time of the story.

Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Honestly, if you already have the DW books, you may as well read them

It's hard for me to look at DW these days after what Pat Lee did

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/01/25/transformers-robots-in-disguise-1-preview/

This led me to pick up Death of Optimus Prime and RiD if anyone's still on the fence. Never read any Transformers before, but I'm diggin it so far.

pygsig.png
    did you see the More Than Meets The Eye preview, Zeromus? I like the tone of MTMTE, it's more of a fun action book.

• ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    did you see the More Than Meets The Eye preview, Zeromus? I like the tone of MTMTE, it's more of a fun action book.

I haven't!

pygsig.png
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/idws-transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-1-seven-page-preview/23634/ sadly, pixelated, but I still love the art and writing very much. I highly recommend this. Glad you're enjoying what you've already seen so far!

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Transformers More Than Meets the Eye is the first comic I have purchased over the internets. I am in the future now. Whoooosh!

edit: I like it, the last page is a nice little hook. Looking forward to #2. The humor is done just right, and not forced feeling, would recommend.

Caveman Paws on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Picked up RID today!
    Prowl is sketchy as can be.

Overall, I liked it a lot. It's a great counterpart to MTMTE.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The only thing I wish the Transformers books would do is get larger font for the dialogue. Usually if I go full screen to read comics on Comixology the copy isn't hard to read, but it's so small on these books (and this is the only IDW books I have that problem with), that I have to go guided view.

i also wish they had the square speech bubbles

it used to be, humans had normal dialog bubbles and transformers had square ones

then Costa's ongoing came along...

meh, oh well. the text size thing is an actual issue, maybe you should send an email?

• hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
    Not really a spoiler or anything like that but it was good to see
    Sky Lynx
    in the background in Robots in Digsuise. Hopefully he gets used in some shape or fashion

So I read Death of Optimus Prime and had to laugh at the reason they have the title. For some strange reason I was waiting for him to get knocked off while reading the comic.
    So wasn't prepared for him to go by his original name. Good thing I watched the entire original series recently otherwise I would have been researching on the internet for the name Orion Pax.

So I have a few questions before I move forward for you all. Putting them behind spoiler tags in case it is something that isn't known.
    So Megatron is now dead? Did he become Galvatron in this universe as well (and the Autobots are not aware of this fact) or are Galvatron and Megatron two different entities? What series did Bumblebee become the leader of the Autobots? When did Prowl become such a prick?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Megaton is missing
    He and galvy are two different guys
    Bumblebee was leader on earth in the horrible 2009 ongoing

Prowl's been conniving since all hail megaton 15

Cool thanks for the answers.
    Great, so I can see it now... Optimus Prime Orion Pax is chilling watching the big game on the TV while calling a couple of girl bots trying to get a date for the night when there is a knock on his apartment door. Pax opens the door to find Megatron there wanting to crash at his place...

Interesting so IDW erased the Transformers movie? Does Unicron even exist in this universe?

Makes sense that Prowl is such a jerk. Probably bitter that Bluestreak got the car body that would get chicks while he got stuck with being responsible.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited January 2012
    Betsuni wrote:
    Cool thanks for the answers.
    Great, so I can see it now... Optimus Prime Orion Pax is chilling watching the big game on the TV while calling a couple of girl bots trying to get a date for the night when there is a knock on his apartment door. Pax opens the door to find Megatron there wanting to crash at his place...

Interesting so IDW erased the Transformers movie? Does Unicron even exist in this universe?

Makes sense that Prowl is such a jerk. Probably bitter that Bluestreak got the car body that would get chicks while he got stuck with being responsible.

IDW is an ENTIRELY new universe, the 80s cartoon and the marvel comics aren't canon
    it just takes the pre-existing characters, adds more depth to them, makes things more interesting, put new twists on them

Antimatter on