As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wipeout Pulse

2»

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I really didn't like F-Zero GX. It had a learning wall instead of a learning curve.

HadjiQuest on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I really didn't like F-Zero GX. It had a learning wall instead of a learning curve.
    I'm pretty sure this is why everyone else loved it though so...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think Wipeout 2097 was the pinnacle of the series, it feels like they've put seriously good thought into every single bit of the game.. sort of "ok, what was wrong with the first one?".

The controls were just right, the maps were fantastic, the music was stomping.. it's among my all time favourite racers alongside stunt car racer and mariokart.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ihd wrote: »
    The original Wipeout > all other Wipeout games, including XL.
    Nope, Wipeout 3 for Playstation is awesome. Great modes, great tracks, great graphics and sound. I love the quake so much, I ended most races with half the people dead. The hardest thing to unlock is a sort of cel-shaded series of tracks which basically look like a PS2 game on PS1 hardware.

I agree with Uncle Sporky, but for a different reason:

Wip3out had the best soundtrack of the lot. Even though my PS1 is dead and gone, the game disk lives on in my CD collection.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wipeout XL introduced Red Bull to me.

I had no idea it was in game advertising when I played it back in 1996. I just thought it was some cool future drink that Wipeout racers drank.

Then years later I find out it's an energy drink.

I think Wipeout is the reason I like it more than any other energy drink.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Basticle wrote: »
    I dont think XL is fugly, I just fucking suck at it because theres no analog control and I'm so used to Fusion (and I'm the only one in the world who seems to love that game).

Bullshit
    negcon.jpg

Greatest analog controller ever, and it worked perfectly with XL.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter