As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class TraitorSmoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
As ongoing treatment for my accumulating diagnoses of accumulating neuroses, I am on drugs every day. This is a happy safe place to share what drugs you are on, have taken in the past, and are afraid of getting on. Tell us what worked and what failed miserably. Warn us away from bad pharmaceuticals and steer us towards the good alternatives.

Even though I've been diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder, I have never been medicated for it. The other stuff I'm taking right now is 40 mg Celexa for major depression and OCPD, and .5 mg Lorazepam twice a day and two at bedtime for anxiety. I've been kind of leery lately because I'm still having thoughts I shouldn't be having, and while the Lorazepam helps with anxiety, I can't get a wink of sleep without it now. Prior to Lorazepam I was on Clonazepam and I don't feel like I can recommend that. It felt like I was on horse tranquilizers all day long; I would sleep like Rip Van Fucking Winkle and when I wasn't sleeping I was acting like a gat damn weirdo.

joshofalltrades on

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Also, I really feel like people with in-laws should have their anxiety meds automatically doubled if they expect to be in close proximity to those family members for an extended period of time.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    smoke weed erry day

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I take 50 MG of adderall every day, 20-20-10

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    Lately the pain has been getting worse and worse. For years now I've maintained and it's only now that I'm seriously considering going back on narcotics. I know if I do I'll end up right where I was before, and frankly I'd rather be dead.

Maybe I'm just tired of fighting and want to not care anymore. I dunno.

easysig2.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:

As someone who may be doing this soon, how do you feel about adderall?

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I feel nervous taking tylenol

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    when I don't take my adderall I have a really huge surge of creativity

like last night when I was just spitting out poems

but I also eat like a starving lion and I'm a social disaster

*shrug*

Stale wrote:
    Lately the pain has been getting worse and worse. For years now I've maintained and it's only now that I'm seriously considering going back on narcotics. I know if I do I'll end up right where I was before, and frankly I'd rather be dead.

Maybe I'm just tired of fighting and want to not care anymore. I dunno.

Stale, keep fighting the good fight. Your leaking bodily fluids are the oil that makes SE++ run like a well-maintained machine.

Skull Man wrote:

As someone who may be doing this soon, how do you feel about adderall?

when I'm on it I can work

when I'm off it I can create

Skull Man wrote:
    when I don't take my adderall I have a really huge surge of creativity

like last night when I was just spitting out poems

but I also eat like a starving lion and I'm a social disaster

*shrug*

I feel like this would be an improvement over this weird limbo I'm in, where I get tiny little glimpses into how creative I can be, but it's overshadowed by my complete lack of desire to sit down and actually work on something for more than 10 minutes.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I just got started on 50mg of Zoloft every day

for the first two weeks the doctor wants me to take .5mg of Ativan twice a day, too

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    I feel nervous taking tylenol

Same
    My dad is taking some immunity compromising arthritis slash psoriasis drug now so he gets to shoot up on the daily :p

Tylenol is pretty much the only pain medication I have access to, because I'm allergic to NSAIDs and sulfa medications

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    most nights I chug some nyquil to get to sleep

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote:

When you say "chug" are you exaggerating

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I've just never felt comfortable taking any sort of medication

I understand that some people need it and that's cool though

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    Where is @Orikaeshigitae

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

Yeah it is stigmatized and that sucks

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I'm single again so I've been forgetting my Lamictal

I have the hardest time remembering to take it on my own.

lfYVHTd.png
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Vyvanse and Lexapro for ADHD and dysthymia. Without either of these daily, I'm a god damned train wreck. I will never outright pass a drug screening, either. Oh well...

msuitepyon on

You may be a pharmacophobiac

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I am weird in that I prefer to take pills dry and then drink water

Trying to swallow water and pills at the same time just feels weird to me

anytime someone tells me I should live without drugs I want to break their glasses and tell them to squint

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I am going to start taking valerian in an attempt to sleep better. family doctor suggests it as a sleep aid. a different doctor suggested it could moderate mild anxiety so...

i drink two or three beers a week on average

Keith wrote:

I am always so so scared that the pill will end up stuck in my throat if I don't try to take it with water at the ready, and I'll choke

But then I also take some pretty big pills; my off-brand Allegra could probably choke a python

Skull Man wrote:
    anytime someone tells me I should live without drugs I want to break their glasses and tell them to squint

What happens if they have perfect vision

Skull Man wrote:

What happens if they have perfect vision

Stab them in the eye.

burn their car
    "just walk, you don't need that crutch"

Keith wrote:

I am always so so scared that the pill will end up stuck in my throat if I don't try to take it with water at the ready, and I'll choke

But then I also take some pretty big pills; my off-brand Allegra could probably choke a python

I usually feel it in my throat and that's why I chase it with water

I don't know why it's weird for me to do both at once though

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

For a while I was popping 6-8 tylenol PMs a night

easysig2.jpg
    Actually, on the hospital visit that ended up being a very bad migraine, I did end up getting some percocet

That was wonderful stuff

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I take levothyroxin every day because I had part of my thyroid hacked out because of that cancer thing.

BLM - ACAB
  • Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure that winners don't use drugs.

But I take all of my life advice from '90s arcade games.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730

I was really pissed off at those PSAs on the arcade machines because at the time, I had heard that M. Bison was a drug dealer and in my 6th grade head drug dealer = drug user

And I was like, this guy is an asshole and you can never beat him, fuck this, I'm doing drugs if it means I get to win every time

msuitepyon wrote:
    Vyvanse and Lexapro for ADHD and dysthymia. Without either of these daily, I'm a god damned train wreck. I will never outright pass a drug screening, either. Oh well...

Turns out I may have dysthymia.

BLM - ACAB

screenshot2.png

BLM - ACAB
    The Geek wrote: »
    msuitepyon wrote:

Turns out I may have dysthymia.

Shitsweak. Definitely better now that it's under treatment.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote:

a bit, yes

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

a bit, yes

Okay, that is comforting, just makin sure

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    That swig of Nyquil I took last night knocked me the fuck out that's for sure. I was surprised it doesn't usually hit me that hard. Must have already been tired.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.