As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Checkpoint Season 1, Ep. 39 - Tower Heist

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    DexterBelgiumDexterBelgium Registered User regular
    Made my otherwise dreary monday!

Did anyone else have problems with the "clip" from the movie at the end (or was the distortion there intentional and am I missing the punchline here?).

Funnily enough, this was the first I'd heard of Blizzcon being cancelled, so this show is even providing me with Actual News(tm). Who'da thunk it.

I want more angry Graham, btw. Headshots (over on ENN) was great, his opinion segment that he's done a few times on this run was funny as all hell, and he's just plain kickass when he goes into full righteous angry nerd mode.

Btw: Kathleen... your hair... it is fading...

• Options
    Psycho_PenguinPsycho_Penguin Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Heh, loved the bit on CoD DLC. That zynga bs is amazing how blatant they are about ripping off other games.

Psycho_Penguin on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    COD DLC OMG made me laugh pretty hard.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Graham, if you read this, the delivery of the COD DLC story was absolutely perfect. Also, hilarious.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    This might be the best episode you guys have done. The timing and tone on jokes was absolutely perfect. I love pretty much every episode of this show anyway, but you guys have managed to go that extra mile this week.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Did anyone else have problems with the "clip" from the movie at the end (or was the distortion there intentional and am I missing the punchline here?).

yeah, I got a couple of distorted points in there too. the punchline is that the commercial is real and terrible.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular

yeah, I got a couple of distorted points in there too. the punchline is that the commercial is real and terrible.
    I wonder if they've finished level 4 yet. I hope the graphics are tight enough!

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    That commercial is actually real?

Not...like a really terrible parody?

Well then, I learned something today from reading a forum post about the news(tm). o_O

El Skid on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    That commercial is actually real?

Not...like a really terrible parody?

Well then, I learned something today from reading a forum post about the news(tm). o_O

yep, it ran on tv during the normal times for ad breaks and everything.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Graham nailed the DLC delivery, yeah. Paul seemed kinda flat this week, though.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Formica ArchonisFormica Archonis Registered User regular
    ... a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego, a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor, a Mercedes, an MG or a Malibu, a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mack truck, a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped....

• Options
    TheWolffTheWolff Registered User regular
    Also a key indicator that a Zynga game is a blatant copy of another IP: it contains the word "Ville"

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    It's not just that Zynga steals game mechanics. That would be ok. Everyone does that. Zynga copies design decisions. They don't say, "ok, let's make a tower game" and then start designing what they feel would be a good tower game. There is no design. They look at Tiny Tower and copy their design decisions as closely as possible. This isn't like Angry Birds where they refined the concept and added a lot of flavor and original mechanics.