As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hourly Comic Day

thornbirdthornbird Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Artist's Corner
Is anyone else trying Hourly Comic Day? Care to share? I am running a bit slow, like a comic every 1.5 hours, which may defeat the purpose, but I am not very fast at drawing. This is what I have so far:
hour1.png
hour2.png
hour3.png
hour4.png
hour5.png

thornbird on

• thornbirdthornbird Registered User regular
    Another one:
    hour6.png

Another:
    hour7.png
    Anybody else doing this?

Again:
    hour8.png

• Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    I see that pumping these out is a nice challenge and I dig the black, blue, and white thing you have going. I'm not really laughing at any of the jokes though.

• FenominusFenominus Registered User new member
    I really enjoy the use of blue/black/white as well. Your characters communicate emotion and attitude very well having been done so quickly. I think I might try this. Thank you for sharing.

P.S. answer to the Santa thing: They can scare the kids into good behavior via a mysterious all-seeing entity who's judgement irrefutable.

Those are both good points. I had not thought about using Santa to strike fear into children, but now that you mention it, his name IS an anagram for SATAN.
    Yeah, I think the writing is what suffers most trying to pump these things out so fast, I usually spend more time thinking about it. But I figure the point is to just put something out and over time you will get better at it.
    Again:
    hour9.png