As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Hm. I got a Taillow with the Scrappy ability from the DW. Is it male or female that people want the DW abilities on?

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    females are the ones that can pass the abilities on

• Options
    Damn.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Daris wrote:
    So I am officially ticked off with my copy of white. I missed the chance to get Eveelutions, so now I am hosed until I beat the game without some of my favorites, and I can't get it even then without another DS. DW and the wonky online trading they implements are useless. You'd think after all this time I could just transfer stuff from one game to another on the same device.
    There was a japanese DW eevee that could be female. If I could find my game I'd make one for you

How would I trade with you? From what I have learned you have to be close enough to link up the two DS, or use the wifi to trade on the global thing, which can only be used for pokemon you have seen.
    You only need to have seen them for the GTS (which is mostly hackers anyway), there are no restrictions like that for wifi trading with friend codes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm looking for Aerodactyl or Skarmory. Have male DW Poochyena, if anyone cares about that sort of thing.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Spoit wrote:
    Daris wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Daris wrote:
    So I am officially ticked off with my copy of white. I missed the chance to get Eveelutions, so now I am hosed until I beat the game without some of my favorites, and I can't get it even then without another DS. DW and the wonky online trading they implements are useless. You'd think after all this time I could just transfer stuff from one game to another on the same device.
    There was a japanese DW eevee that could be female. If I could find my game I'd make one for you

How would I trade with you? From what I have learned you have to be close enough to link up the two DS, or use the wifi to trade on the global thing, which can only be used for pokemon you have seen.
    You only need to have seen them for the GTS (which is mostly hackers anyway), there are no restrictions like that for wifi trading with friend codes

Oh, okay well that's significantly better and makes my bitching pointless. So if I input friend codes off of here then people from PA would show up... in the union room? Not sure how it would work, but I would definitely like the chance to trade for some of the old guard. Either a female Evee if anyone has one lying around, or a male and a ditto (The whores.) so I could do some raising.

Edit: Does that work with Soulsilver? I have a good number of IV bred Evee I could trade in return if it does. I even have a couple of the different starters I could breed and trade.

Daris on
  • Options
    I cannot beat the elite four.
    Lance is murdering my entire team. :(

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    I'm looking for Aerodactyl or Skarmory. Have male DW Poochyena, if anyone cares about that sort of thing.

What DW females do you have?

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    None. :P The DW has not been kind to me.
    I got an Aerodactyl yesterday though.

• Options
    you know you can decline to choose a pokemon and keep going back to the dream island until stuff stops showing up, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I hate this rule. I wish I could just keep going back to the Isle of Dreams and encountering Pokémon until my hour is up.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    So could anyone trade me an evee female so I could start breeding them? I promise rewards of IV trained bastard offspring within the month.

• Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    So could anyone trade me an evee female so I could start breeding them? I promise rewards of IV trained bastard offspring within the month.

I have a couple i could give you if natures and stuff don't matter they're just hanging out in a box for no reason, if you need a specific nature or anything I can see what I can do.

Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    Got a female DW Skorupi. Not sure if that's any good or not though.

• Options
    coutts wrote:
    Daris wrote:

I have a couple i could give you if natures and stuff don't matter they're just hanging out in a box for no reason, if you need a specific nature or anything I can see what I can do.

Okay. Just gimme your friend code, I guess, and maybe a time to catch you online? I really don't care about nature or IV and that. I can always get that the way I like it on my own end.

• Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    coutts wrote:
    Daris wrote:

Okay. Just gimme your friend code, I guess, and maybe a time to catch you online? I really don't care about nature or IV and that. I can always get that the way I like it on my own end.

It's in my sig

Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    coutts wrote:
    Daris wrote:
    coutts wrote:
    Daris wrote:

It's in my sig

Derp.

• Options
    Yay, Lance destroyed. Demolished his Dragonites with a Vaporeon and Blizzard.

• Options
    Eveelutions are the best solutions.

• Options
    The Kanto gyms are harder than I remembered.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Rizzi wrote:
    Got a female DW Skorupi. Not sure if that's any good or not though.
    Now we're in business. Breed me another female DW Skorupi and I'll trade you that Aerodactyl or Skarmory you wanted (choose one, I have both). Did you want DW ones or just regular? Keep in mind this is for B/W. It sounds like you're playing HG/SS.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    I already got an Aerodactyl. Was just looking for one of my favourite flying types to take on the gyms with. Cant stand any of the B/W flying types. :P

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm breeding up some Skorupi's though, so if you want one you can have one.
    Edit: Yep. Got a female DW one you can have.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cool, I'll work on breeding a DW Skarmory then.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Oh, hey. Does anybody have a spare Thunder Stone? I have a nifty Pikachu I want to evolve. I bred a DW one. I'll give you a DW Pichu for a Thunder Stone.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, sure, my black city had thunderstones back when it had people and I have a few left. 2365 5081 5807

Does that eevee person still need one?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks. Here's my FC: 5329 0129 1551

Let's meet up today (Monday, 2/13) @ 8:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time for the trade.

I wish I still had people in my Black City. I'd gotten to over 1,000 people battled. Then one day, all my people were gone. I neglected to visit for a few days and they disappeared. It was like my Animal Crossing game and my flowers dying all over again.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, sure, my black city had thunderstones back when it had people and I have a few left. 2365 5081 5807

Does that eevee person still need one?

Yes, I really do. I don't know what happened with Coutts. They ended up doing something else and haven't gotten back to me since.

I am 2838 4421 0919 playing the white version. Just pick a time, and I'll get on to trade with you if I can manage it.

• Options
    It'll take a bit to get one, with the, what, 12.5% chance of a female? I'll let you know when I have one

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wow, you are so lucky, of that batch of 20, there were only 2 females, and only one with a DW ability

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Whoah, you did all that for little old me? Thank you. Let me know a good time to bump into you.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Is now okay?

EDIT: getting food, I'll try again around 8 when I trade with ferquin. Though the forums will be down then

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, hey Rizzi. If you manage to read this, meet me at 11:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time to trade for that Skorupi for my DW Skarmory. Hope to see you there.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    I'm going on now ferquin

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the ThunderStone and an Eevee with Synchronoise.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm central time myself fellas. I'll be around tonight at varrying times checking for ya.

Edit: Jolteon is the best.

Daris on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Last night we finally got my son's copy of Black hooked up to the Dream World and he loved it. We did the Arceus thing and he grabbed a Ponyta (and we downloaded Mewtwo). Is it basically just "wander around and find random pokes" or is there some rhyme or reason to finding harder to find critters like location/time/etc?

• Options
    It's basically random. You can keep going back to the island like 4-5 times as long as you don't choose one to take though, which helps a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, the deal is that these specific Dream World Pokémon have a Hidden Ability that cannot be obtainable outside of the Dream World. For example, a Ponyta could either have the Ability Run Away or Flash Fire. But a Dream World Ponyta would have the Ability Flame Body. If you get a female one, you can breed and produce another Ponyta with Flame Body (only females can pass on these Hidden Abilities).

Unfortunately, encountering Dream World Pokémon is completely random and you cannot choose which area on the Isle of Dreams that you access. Most Pokémon you encounter will be male. Depending on how many Dream World Points you've accumulated, you can encounter more rare Pokémon. For example, Ponyta is relatively easier to encounter early on in the Pleasant Forest, whereas Skitty will only start appearing once you've accumulated 10,000 Dream World Points. You can check your points on the Global Link page - go to your profile and check the Dream World tab. Also, you can only go into the Isle of Dreams during your one-hour session so many times before you no longer encounter Pokémon for that session. I've counted about seven or eight times you can go in before the Isle of Dreams is empty and you have to wait 23 hrs. 'til your next Dream World visit.

You can also obtain and grow Berries only in the Dream World, as well as other rare items like evolutionary stones or hold items.

Occasionally, like the Arceus promotion, you can get special exclusive Pokémon and bring them back from the Dream World.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I hate to badger you with more questions, @Ferquin ... but how does one check their Dream Points score? I've been using the Dream World from time to time (read: whenever I remember it exists) so I suppose I have some points accumulated.

Also, is there any way to make those tutorial boxes stop showing up every dang time I log on? They are starting to get annoying.

Also also, I just beat the E4 in White for the first time. That was sure... interesting. Difficult too. Now for post-E4 shenanigans! My favorite type of shenanigans.

This discussion has been closed.