As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    So apparently NBC is now tied with Univision for fourth place during sweeps and The Firm has sunk to to a 0.4 in the demo.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Childish Gambino in the 30 animated web series

http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/For-a-Song/1382187

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Childish Gambino in the 30 animated web series

http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/For-a-Song/1382187

Synergy-boner is now my phrase of the day.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    30 Rock got a 1.3 last night, will NBC listen to that sound of falling ratings?

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It was just announced that they're moving The Firm off to Saturdays to die, but putting the new drama Awake in the Thursday at 10 slot on March 1 (putting Grimm reruns in that spot until then).

Thursdays at 10 was a bad spot for comedy anyway (though it seems any time on NBC is a bad spot at this point), so it might be good news Community isn't going there, but still...the wait for new Community continues.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I've listened to some of the commentaries on the DVDs and the thought put into each and every episode is truly awesome. Like, I never noticed Abed in the background in the episode where Pierce's mom died. I noticed the pregnant lady, but I wasn't aware it was part of a bigger story, which has significance when Shirley gives birth to her baby. Abed even mentions this fact! Another example: when Jeff calls off his date in the bottle episode where the group is searching for a pen Annie lost, the date is apparently with Britta. Mind is blown. Maybe I'm just incredibly stupid, but the commentaries made me appreciate the show more.

Also, Donald Glover. Troy seriously has the best one-liners and I never realized a lot of them were ad-libbed.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Wait, what. The date is with Britta? I just watched that episode last night. He called some girl named Gwennifer.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The idea was that when he said he was supposedly contacting Gwynnifer, he was actually secretly letting Britta know that they weren't getting together later.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Oh! That explains why he just threw the phone instead of hanging up. That part always bothered me.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Wait, what. The date is with Britta? I just watched that episode last night. He called some girl named Gwennifer.

I think the clue is that her name is Gwennifer. Who would name their kid that?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:

The commentary also lets you know that the name is a reference to somebody that Dan Harmon argued with on twitter.

• Options
    Magell wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:

The commentary also lets you know that the name is a reference to somebody that Dan Harmon argued with on twitter.

Yes, but I have to assume they would have picked an equally stupid name had there not been that twitter feud

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It was just announced that they're moving The Firm off to Saturdays to die, but putting the new drama Awake in the Thursday at 10 slot on March 1 (putting Grimm reruns in that spot until then).

Thursdays at 10 was a bad spot for comedy anyway (though it seems any time on NBC is a bad spot at this point), so it might be good news Community isn't going there, but still...the wait for new Community continues.

I'm definitely looking forward to watching Awake, though. I've heard really good things about that show. I'm sure there will be room for Community on Thursdays come March or April, though.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    So I taught a high school US History class today on WW1 and trench warefare..using clips from the season 2 paintball episode..

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Magell wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:

Yes, but I have to assume they would have picked an equally stupid name had there not been that twitter feud
    Like what, Quendra, with a Q?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:
    Magell wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:

Like what, Quendra, with a Q?

She gave herself that spelling. or atleast, that is what is implied

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I assume she chose it because of her abiding love for Quettle Quorn.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:

That's a lot less of a bastardization of the name Guinevere than Jennifer is, if you think about it.

Kinda like Erik is less of a bastardization of Eirikr than Eric is.

Erik
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    They featured Community in NBC's Super Bowl Prime Time Song and Dance Commercial...

I hope this means good things.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hulu is having a poll about rising young stars!

http://www.hulu.com/spotlight/stars-of-tomorrow

vote for Alison!

• Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Hulu is having a poll about rising young stars!

http://www.hulu.com/spotlight/stars-of-tomorrow

vote for Alison!

...and Donald. Not that he needs the help, it seems.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    aaand I'll just leave this here

enhanced-buzz-wide-10782-1328563394-5.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Shirley as Akuma, and Pierce as Zangief.
    Will wonders ever cease.

!
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Shirley as Akuma, and Pierce as Zangief.
    Will wonders ever cease.

Nothing less for the Beast Master.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I half-expected the Dean to be Sakura.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    They featured Community in NBC's Super Bowl Prime Time Song and Dance Commercial...

I hope this means good things.

It means that the promo was filmed before Community was taken off the schedule.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    I don't think it was, on Yvette Nicole browns twitter yesterday she said they filmed it "a couple of weeks ago"

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Know what was weird? Seeing the Dean as a Doctor in a NCIS season one episode

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    Nice find! Higher quality version here:

http://kinjamin.deviantart.com/art/Streets-Ahead-283550423

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    That Street Fighter pic is super badass.

And yeah, they filmed the NBC promo after the hiatus.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote:

He's been in a few drama tv shows. IIRC he's been in Law & Order, too. He's a very good serious actor.

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, I know that they practically have to put Ken Jeong in the forefront for advertising purposes (he really pops), but I still couldn't help but be irrationally annoyed.
    PantsB wrote:

He's been in a few drama tv shows. IIRC he's been in Law & Order, too. He's a very good serious actor.

Something which "Documentary Filmmaking Redux" paid testament to, I think.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh my God - new guest star news:
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Also, John Hodgman was announced a couple of days ago, which is cool too, but...holy shit, Gus is going to be on Community!

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Also, John Hodgman was announced a couple of days ago, which is cool too, but...holy shit, Gus is going to be on Community!

awesome awesome awesome.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Oh god, everyone will die.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Jacoby wrote:
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Pollos Hermanos moving into the chicken finger business, boys.
    No competition allowed.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Cool. Cool cool cool.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote:
    Jacoby wrote:
    Giancarlo Espostio!

Pollos Hermanos moving into the chicken finger business, boys.
    No competition allowed.
    Well, they still have Professor Marshall Kane. Things are going to get interesting, all I can say.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Giancarlo Espostio!

I was confused by the fact that Gus was coming to community when it wasn't Gus from Psych.

Can't wait for Community to come back, although I've been enjoying 30 Rock a lot.