As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yeah, but a search for that name brings up people in the webcomics threads talking about the person.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    They are from Emmy C's twitter.

broken image link
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Okay.

So... Who's Emmy C?

jnij103vqi2i.png
    A comics person.

She often does collaborations with Nedroid.

broken image link
    I see.

Still doesn't mean much to me, but at least there's some context, I guess.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Who's Nedroid?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    EmmyC did that Chell in the rain picture; http://emmyc.com/FuckScience.jpg

She did this too!

tumblr_lyp7e8WifO1qgbzseo1_500.jpg

Oh brilliant
    Okay, I've seen that chelle picture, and that's probably about it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Hey, the Ask DJ P0n3 tumblr is back after a 3 month hiatus!
    That was always one of my favorites.

Oh and Shed.Mov has been released

Look for it yourself but be warned, it walks the line between comedy violence and just plain gory violence.

Lovely.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Well, that was dumb.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Also, given this context, I think it's safe to assume that shed.mov is what that EmmyCic quote on the last page was about.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Also, given this context, I think it's safe to assume that shed.mov is what that EmmyCic quote on the last page was about.

Eeeeeyup.

broken image link
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I liked Apple, Dress had a couple laughs. Shed was not nice, but it had a lot more of Japplejack style RD, and Japplejack style RD always makes me giggle for some god damn reason.

Swag.

Oh brilliant
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Man I'm loving how that DJ-Pon3 blog is coming back.

Also yeah, the new HDD cartoon tries really hard to be edgy and grim, but in trying to cross the line from funny to horrible to funny again it keeps going and just becomes horrible again. I really liked the first one though which was a bit more restrained which sounds crazy looking at it.

Anyone enough about that, let's talk about this cute Gilda.

7fGzL.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Just the fact that apple.mov was clean enough to post here and still retained the guys style of humour makes it better thatn either of the new ones so far.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I think I preferred the dress one
    I just loved how exaggerated Rarity was

• rc_techrc_tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    sweetie_bot_by_ponyrake-d4okla5.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The problem I have with these creepy pony animations is that they seem to be getting farther and farther removed from the source material.

It just doesn't seem... very MLP. It's just off the wall violence, with none of the themes of the show beyond the cast, none of whom are really much (If at all) like the show.

Just the fact that apple.mov was clean enough to post here and still retained the guys style of humour makes it better thatn either of the new ones so far.

Yeah, this. The second one was a little more removed, but still more like just a severe exaggeration. Shed.mov is just... I don't even know, I couldn't sit through that crap once the musical number started.

It's like the animator decided to just go completely off the scale, and continues to go further with each attempt.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Personally, I am a fan of the head injury explanation of Derpy's eyes and voice.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Okay.

So... Who's Emmy C?

Neil C's sister.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    heh, Spanish Pie.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    This episode. Fantastic.
    They have truly captured the essence of a hospital stay.

Also, the orange juice gag. YES.

Daring-Do's design is fantastic, love the black and grey hair.

Loved Rarity trying to stay optimistic about hospital gowns for Rainbow's sake.

THAT BOARD GAME OH MY GOD

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I want a spinoff show of Daring-Do. The tiger had a flail in it's mouth! That kitten! This is awesome.

edited February 2012
    Anyone catch what the main baddie's name is? Sounded like [something]coatl, so I'm assuming he's based on an Aztec god or beast?

Also, most skeletons and bones ever shown in a MLP episode.

LadyM on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Glad they addressed the barking dog during the chase scene. Smart move.

Oh and I can't wait for the vector of the book cover.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited February 2012
    Riokenn wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Trixie. I'd like to see a screencap of it though to be sure.

Awesome episode!

Blendtec on
    edited February 2012
    Forget Canterlot Castle, I want a Daring-Do playset with death traps and stone idols.

I have it recorded, I'll check if it's Trixie.
    Nope, it's an earth pony with a screw symbol!

LadyM on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I really liked that
    Rainbow Dash's ninja costume didn't cover her tail.

steam_sig.png
    Blendtec wrote:
    Riokenn wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Trixie. I'd like to see a screencap of it though to be sure.
    dNlCE.jpg

LadyM wrote:
    Forget Canterlot Castle, I want a Daring-Do playset with death traps and stone idols.

I have it recorded, I'll check if it's Trixie.
    Nope, it's an earth pony with a screw symbol!
    Aw, thanks for checking. It looked like her hair and body color, thought the screw was the a wand too. That would've been a great return for Trixie.

• thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. That was a quality episode.
    So the scene with the ball. That was from, what, The Great Escape? I can't remember. Overall, extremely funny episode. Though I reckon "Rainbow Dash hurts her wing" will become an even more popular theme for fanfics now.

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
    LadyM wrote:
    Anyone catch what the main baddie's name is? Sounded like [something]coatl, so I'm assuming he's based on an Aztec god or beast?

Also, most skeletons and bones ever shown in a MLP episode.

Awesome, thanks for the link!
    So the hand on the tail is part of its "real" design . . . fantastic! Although I enjoy the Greek monsters like manticores and cockatrices, I'm always happy to see lesser known mythological beasts getting screen time!

edited February 2012
    Also, upcoming episode:
    Upcoming Episode “Putting Your Hoof Down” (S02E19)

Air date: March 3, 2012, 15:00 UTC (10 a.m. EST) (time not confirmed)

Synopsis: “Iron Will helps Fluttershy become assertive.”

This likely means there's a one-week gap, no new episode on Feb 25th.

SabreMau on
  • rc_techrc_tech Registered User regular
    Daring Do and the Sapphire Stone.
    Daring Do and the Griffon's Goblet.
    Daring Do and the Prisoner of Appaloosa.
    I bet there are fanfics being written right now.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Good episode, although it reminds me of the Mysterious Mare Do Well, in that RD has an awful attitude throughout most of the episode. Daring-Do is awesome (I expect fanart!) and the book segments were fun to watch.

The episode had some good gags, too. I loved when all of the jungle cats reappeared with weapons in their mouths. And the 'barking dog'.

This discussion has been closed.