As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I like markers

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Oh man I would totally buy spaceman poker cards to play cribbage with.

"Ha! I have the right Astronaut!" would be so satisfying.

muggins!

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I just need to say how awesome those Sonic and Tails are. And I hate Sega.

• mullymully Registered User regular
    never stop posting! must see more! amazing. i'm a big fan of marker work, it takes a crapload of talent (and confidence) to use.

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Holy gods man. This thread is off the chain! Love the style and finesse of the marker work. I have just started messing around with ink brushes but will have to check out those brushpens from Jetpens. Ton's of awesome stuff. I am with Mully. More.

• McJohnstableMcJohnstable Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Thanks heaps guys n gals. Keen to do more poker cards for sure. brokecracker, I haven't tried Jetpens, how are they?

Some not-so-good ones today, as I've been putting more attention on one big piece I'd like to show when finished (it'll be about 120cm long when printed)

girlnw.jpg

bomber.jpg

McJohnstable on
  • Dannyboy83Dannyboy83 Registered User regular
    I've been lurking on this forum for a few years now. I just made this account so that I could tell you that your work is absolutely incredible. I mean it is a complete fucking shame if this stuff isn't making you extremely wealthy. A few years ago I got the desire to take up drawing just as a casual hobby. I bought some books and supplies, but right as I was getting started my mom got sick and passed away soon after, and I haven't been back to it since. Looking at your drawings today has inspired me to dive headlong back into it this weekend. Again, phenomenal work (love the pirate island), and thank you.

Dannyboy83: Thank you, that was a very moving response to read through. I am sorry for the loss of your mother, and hope that drawing finds you some much-deserved enjoyment. I'm very eager to see what kind of wonders you come up with.

- I was offered some contract work before with a local game development company here, just while studying and working part time. A very exciting development.

Here's todays entry to Satellite Soda's DDF challenge. It's called "YES", because I love technology.

yes_by_blightedkujo-d4okxfv.jpg

• DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    - I was offered some contract work before with a local game development company here, just while studying and working part time. A very exciting development.

Congratulations! You do wonderful marker work, I can't wait to see more.

• MuddyParasolMuddyParasol Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I really enjoy your work! Especially the pirate ship and the space rhino!

One of the things I like about your drawings is your use of line weight and how it varies so much from thick lines to wispy little details. It's real easy on the eyes. I feel like you lose a little bit of that in your digital work, it feels a little more stiff. Don't get me wrong I like all of it, but I do prefer your traditional work.

As a side note, for a while now I've been in search for a good brush pen and have been trying out one after another. I saw your work and love the deep blacks you get in your lines so I went ahead and ordered the same brush pen you use to give it a try. It arrived in the mail yesterday and I have absolutely fallen in love with it! Thank you!

MuddyParasol on
    edited February 2012
    Thanks guys. Muddy: those pens are great, they last for ages too. :)

Here's todays daily sketch for satellite soda.

la_monster_by_blightedkujo-d4op6fq.jpg

McJohnstable on
    Another daily draw, Greeter Planet. :) Homeworld for my own little pet project.

welcome_to_greeter_by_blightedkujo-d4ox5sw.jpg

• patrickhallpatrickhall Registered User regular
    I love your line work. The rhino in the space suit a page back is great stuff! Can't wait to see what comes from your "pet project."

Thanks Patrick.

Here's another one, last one from tonight. Skit & his antenna, Blip, working on some road-works on Greeter.

greeter_road_works_by_blightedkujo-d4oxkk4.jpg

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Good lord. Love this stuff. Your "Yes" piece is especially awesome. I love brightly colored work like this! I have this issue with a lot of artists in my area. The ones that are really talented seem to use all monotone themes and almost no bright, saturated colors. I am a huge fan of dropping a bright pink or orange when I can.

When I said Jetpens, I was talking about the website, they sell lots of top notch pens and such. They are a very reputable online dealer and offer sales every now and again. Good stuff, eveytime i get on there I go down a rabbit hole of shit I want to buy.

Thanks brokecracker. :) Bright colours are so fun to look at haha, not a big fan of monotone either aye.

I'll have to give Jetpens a look, thanks!

Here's a few from today's Daily Draw. Also had an interview with a local game studio that got in touch with me to make iPhone / iPad games with them. Sidhe Interactive :D Extremely excited, it went well!

daily_draw_stuff_by_blightedkujo-d4p122b.jpg

• KneonKneon Registered User regular
    Very nice work!

steampunk 'n fantasy webcomic at http://www.shadowbinders.com
    Shadowbinders_Rhen_468.jpg
  • SaintElmosWireSaintElmosWire Registered User regular
    I think that was the best time I've had scrolling down in a long while. Your work is inspiring. The Pirate children's island is still my favorite.

MvViV.jpg
    Thanks heaps you two. :)

Here's a couple from today. Trying to use pencil a bit less and going straight into ink s'more. Still dont understand arm anatomy.

octostrut_by_blightedkujo-d4p49su.jpg

aaaaghnatomy_by_blightedkujo-d4p4m6h.jpg

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    WOW. Last 2 posts for the win. That pistol OFMG, and the cthuluing of your character, and that Dwarf pose. AWESOME

Thanks mate. :)

Here's todays daily draw.

log_squrblr_by_blightedkujo-d4p7qdt.jpg

yum_n_arff_by_blightedkujo-d4p7qbw.jpg

edited February 2012
    Think I'm about ready to show this now... though I'm not sure what else to do with it.....

greeter_planet_by_blightedkujo-d4p8sck.jpg

McJohnstable on

hoot_wurrzzzt_by_blightedkujo-d4p924h.jpg

WHY!? are these so AMAZING!?

• lizard eats flieslizard eats flies Registered User regular
    I love Greeter Planet

Thanks guys. I put Greeter Planet up on Behance.net. I'd really appreciate some... Appreciates.... heh, it's the little blue button at the bottom of the article:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Greeter-Planet-Map/3119727

Thanks. :)

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    bomber.jpg

I love this. It makes me want to make a series with just symbols in speech bubbles.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    that owl just blew my damn mind

Cheers mate. :) your mind's been blown, his face has been blown up. =O

Here's todays daily draw. Skit's got a friend from Satellite Soda visiting. :P

satsoda.jpg

• EWomEWom Registered User regular
    I really like the character you manage to put into your old men.

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
    Your skits workshop pictures remind me a lot of Dr. Seuss :D

that is a rare skill indeed

Thanks heaps. :)

antler_ear_malfunction_by_blightedkujo-d4psi0k.jpg

Wut. Awesome. :_)

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I actually really like your digital stuff too, its nice to see a full color pallet. You would also make some pretty bad ass screen prints if you ever wanted to go in that direction,

Thanks a lot. :) Screen prints are a pretty cool idea Iruka, might give it a go.

Not a good one today sorry. I'm not very good at speed painting so trying to get better. This was about 15 minutes.

speedpc.jpg

poke-abode

I thought I posted this already, but I second Iruka's comment. It is really remarkable to see someone pulling of a Seussy vibe so well. I love your stuff man.

• ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    that owl just blew my damn mind

So much awesome!

adam: lol, I hadn't noticed that hahaha. Awesome.

ninjai: Thanks mate!

Scotty: Cheers broseph!

Here's today's daily draw. Trying to get my digital and marker works a little closer together.

nohope4u.jpg

• ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    Hahaa....you sir, are a force of nature. :D