As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Al Baron wrote:
    Hey, the edit that TychoCelchuuu did with the kitchen table and Pathfinder strip isn't in the OP and has been for the last few threads.

I copied the previous OP. Care to link me to said edit?

Here are all the missing ones I think:

contestvd.jpg

trainsj.jpg

steamprayer.jpg

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    new page! I fucking fought to find out how to get this bloody replay thing working so I'm posting it again already.
    Even if its terrible.

Big Classy on
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Gentleman, prepare once again to shit your pants.

In Chinese, this time!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/10/frictional-teases-a-new-amnesia-project-possibly-set-in-china/
    Oh, good timing.

Alright... remember you folks were talking about SCP a few days ago?
    So, apparently some bastard made a short game based on SCP-087, and IT'S FUCKING SCARY.
    It's really short, but features procedural generation of scary stuff, and it's also free, so here's the download link for anyone brave enough to try it.
    PS: Googling/youtubing it may spoil some of the fun.

steam_sig.png
    I watched the youtube video of it and dear god, its as scary as I could have possibly dared imagine it.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote:

In Chinese, this time!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/10/frictional-teases-a-new-amnesia-project-possibly-set-in-china/
    Oh, good timing.

So, apparently some bastard made a short game based on SCP-087, and IT'S FUCKING SCARY.
    It's really short, but features procedural generation of scary stuff, and it's also free, so here's the download link for anyone brave enough to try it.

Oh. my. god.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    edited February 2012
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Should I buy the Dreadnaught dlc in the future? Chaos Unlesshed was cheap and seemed like a good deal. Dreadnaught was still $10, and screw that.

I hate the fact that they made power swords dlc, but for $1 that's not too bad. I might buy it so I can be unique in our chapter.

• oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    I watched the youtube video of it and dear god, its as scary as I could have possibly dared imagine it.

I made the mistake of watching some videos of it before playing, but yeah, even the videos were scary as hell.

steam_sig.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote:

In Chinese, this time!

Oh, good timing.

That SCP sounds like it was pulled from House of Leaves

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:

Haha, that's awesome! I loved the slow-mo powerslide in front of the bus.

I watched about 5 minutes of the youtube video for that SCP-087 game. Then I had to, uh, go... make dinner! Yeah, that's it.

Yeah hitting that ramptruck just before was terrifying. Butt was clenched, yo!

Big Isy wrote:

I'm glad you're having a blast with my favorite Drive Like An Asshole simulator.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote:
    Should I buy the Dreadnaught dlc in the future? Chaos Unlesshed was cheap and seemed like a good deal. Dreadnaught was still $10, and screw that.

I hate the fact that they made power swords dlc, but for $1 that's not too bad. I might buy it so I can be unique in our chapter.

No man is unique in his service to the Emperor.
    I bought the Power Sword.

Big Isy wrote:

I'm glad you're having a blast with my favorite Drive Like An Asshole simulator.

You would not believe how much fun I'm having with it. Its by far the best driving game I've played. Massive story event happened whilst playing it today and the game just blew me away for the umpteenth time. Its like just when I think they've ran out of ideas, BAM! Another crazy feature I get to experience. Seriously, thanks again for a great gift mate!

edited February 2012
    Big Isy wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

You would not believe how much fun I'm having with it. Its by far the best driving game I've played. Massive story event happened whilst playing it today and the game just blew me away for the umpteenth time. Its like just when I think they've ran out of ideas, BAM! Another crazy feature I get to experience. Seriously, thanks again for a great gift mate!

Dude, the final mission is so goddamn bananas. Even compared to what you've already done. It's amazing.

minor incident on
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    I would fancy an invite to the PA steam group if someone could do so...

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Big Isy wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

Dude, the final mission is so goddamn bananas. Even compared to what you've already done. It's amazing.

Why must you tease me!!!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I see someone already posted about The Ladder map in Jedi Outcast. I had so much fun with that. At some point I would just sit back, spawn a bunch of bad guys, and then spawn Luke and let him wipe 'em all out.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oakke wrote:

In Chinese, this time!

Oh, good timing.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

liEt3nH.png
  • Pereza0Pereza0 Registered User regular
    Know this is cheap, but does any one have coupons for todays daily?

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The daily deals have been kind of freakishly good last couple days. Or at least, weird to see fairly high profile titles two days in a row. Must be to make up for having a "sale" on Stronghold 3.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I watched about 30 seconds of a SCP-087 LP.

Dear Lord. I really wonder if that's real or not. I wish the game activated on Steam.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh snap, I didn't even know Steam had Dark Forces. 5 bucks is easily worth the nostalgia value of that plus Outcast and everything else is just gravy.

Except maybe Jedi Academy. I remember that having suck associated with it, but I dunno for sure because I never actually got to play it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So, is there a way to reset on Terraria? Because deleting my character doesn't work, and I have no fucking idea that is going on. or what to do, and I need the tutorial.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Jedi Academy is two fitty?
    Sweet nostalgia this game is still badass.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Installing JO and JA from disc just to further remove any temptation from the daily

Also, sad that this never came to completion

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Just linked my brother that scp 87 game.

Can't wait to hear how far he makes it.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote:
    So, is there a way to reset on Terraria? Because deleting my character doesn't work, and I have no fucking idea that is going on. or what to do, and I need the tutorial.

I don't actually remember there being a tutorial, beyond the bits of information the guide NPC gives you. This is the terraria wiki's "getting started" guide, which can serve as a bit of a manual.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yeah, aside from talking to the guide, terraria has no tutorial. you gotta read the wiki

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Everyone keeps talking about Driver, I guess I'll have to check it out. What are you playing it with @Big Isy?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    oh yeah, my video card came with a copy of dirt 3.
    as someone who's not the biggest fan of the genre [drive cars around], is this a great game I should play anyway, or try to trade/gift away?

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So a weird little annoying things has started happening to me with Steam. I've only noticed it in the past couple of days, since one of the recent client updates. Basically, if I have Steam running but another program/window open on top of it, clicking on Steam's icon on my taskbar will not consistently make Steam pop back up on top as the active window anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• TefTef Registered User regular
    oh yeah, my video card came with a copy of dirt 3.
    as someone who's not the biggest fan of the genre [drive cars around], is this a great game I should play anyway, or try to trade/gift away?

I would say that if you don't like driving games then you won't like DiRT 3

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    For anyone that gets the Jedi stuff, here's a pretty nice Jedi Knight 2 graphics mod and Steam instructions: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/f9rh1/modding_guide_star_wars_jedi_knight_dark_forces/

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    God damn you Amnesia. God damn you. Why must you be so scary?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    So a weird little annoying things has started happening to me with Steam. I've only noticed it in the past couple of days, since one of the recent client updates. Basically, if I have Steam running but another program/window open on top of it, clicking on Steam's icon on my taskbar will not consistently make Steam pop back up on top as the active window anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, I have steam running in the background (or whatever) right now, as always, as well as Firefox and a game (minimized), and I can't get Steam to open up at all.

The icon/button "pops out" and lights up like it's going to open but then it goes back to normal and no Steam ever appears.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    For anyone that gets the Jedi stuff, here's a pretty nice Jedi Knight 2 graphics mod and Steam instructions: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/f9rh1/modding_guide_star_wars_jedi_knight_dark_forces/

I'm interested, but no screens? :(

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Handgimp is an extemporaneously classy crab. You know, I just got back from Texas, on my computer, fresh from buying the JK series pack, just playing some Space Marine. Handgimp comes in the group chat and says "Who wants free games" I answer, "Mount and Blade: Warband" And you know what happened next chill'uns? I saw, in my gift box, Mount and Blade: Warband, the game I've wanted for 2 years.

To reiterate, Handgimp is one extremely classy gentleman.

This discussion has been closed.