As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2012 BYOC Info/FAQ - Post-Event Feedback starts on page 14

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    BYOC runs until 2am and not 6pm on Friday/Saturday correct?

yes, BYOC is open for the duration of PAX hours, and is not tied to the exhibit hall hours.

• SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    :Edit: Answer found in post :Edit:

Snipethewolf on
  • RabidCicadaRabidCicada Registered User new member
    Hi everyone. I've read the rules completely but I was unable to get a 3-day pass. What I do have is 3 1-day passes back to back. Would the PAX East gods be kind enough to allow me to get a lan ticket?

• RabidCicadaRabidCicada Registered User new member
    Derp also read the response about 3-1day passes. Good to go.

• thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Edit: I got in trouble for this post. Sorry to anyone who was bothered by me asking about the megalodon case. I didn't intend to treat the forums like craigslist or anything. Again, sorry to everyone. Didn't know I was breaking a rule with it.

thr4sher on
  • AARGH!AARGH! Registered User new member
    Question, I am bringing our gaming laptop to BYOC, and I have registered my son for it. Our original intention was to trade-off playing (as I did not want to register and then take up a useable spot for someone else) while the other does the rest of the PAX "tour" (so only one of us would be in the BYOC area at a time). Is this possible? I understand the potential complications but wanted to check to see if this was somehow possible. Thanks!

AARGH! wrote:
    Question, I am bringing our gaming laptop to BYOC, and I have registered my son for it. Our original intention was to trade-off playing (as I did not want to register and then take up a useable spot for someone else) while the other does the rest of the PAX "tour" (so only one of us would be in the BYOC area at a time). Is this possible? I understand the potential complications but wanted to check to see if this was somehow possible. Thanks!

That's against the rules as far as I know. It is a huge security risk to allow multiple people to use one badge. If you want both of you to have access, both of you need to have a seat.

Yeah they definitely won't let you do that.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    To answer an earlier question... BYOC runs basically until the convention center closes- which may change from year to year. Last year, it was, yes, 2 am for fri / sat. But that could change, hence the lack of people willing to answer that yet :) Boston loves to change laws.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    BYOC runs until 2am and not 6pm on Friday/Saturday correct?

yes, BYOC is open for the duration of PAX hours, and is not tied to the exhibit hall hours.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well... BYOC technically closes 15min before PAX does, cause everyone has to be out when PAX closes :P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    So to change things up a bit... im asking you guys what you want your contest medals to say.

Previous years its been "BYOC Badass"
    Time to change it up, what say you? Give me suggestions and ill pick one!

• lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    BYOC tested, bigRed approved

though perhaps that is only amusing to people that know you...

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    "Butter Flogging Champ"

7B14287.png
    lirelent wrote:
    BYOC tested, bigRed approved

though perhaps that is only amusing to people that know you...

lol

Something more generic like "BYOC tested, l33t skillz approved" seems fitting :P

• thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Was trying to work something with Lan but all I can come up with is Lanning Lannister (game of thrones). And not to many think that is a compliment :D

thorkon on
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Well Tyrion Lannister is cool but I hate the rest.

"death to consoles"

Added a BYOC wiki page to the community wiki: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/BYOC
    Does anyone have an awesome BYOC picture I can use in the infobox?

I considered using @[H]olyGeekBoy's Div and Jerry, but don't want to do so without permission
    jerry_and_div.jpg

edited February 2012
    I'm almost done with the video and whatnot but here is a early pic of newest PC case:
    The Legend of Zelda: A Mod to the Past

DSC_0080.jpg

thorkon on
  • BarkBark Registered User regular
    Looks awesome Thorkon. I can' t wait to see the real thing.

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
    Thats fucking sweet.

Cant wait to see it in person.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    thorkon wrote:
    Was trying to work something with Lan but all I can come up with is Lanning Lannister (game of thrones). And not to many think that is a compliment :D

Lan: I'm so awesome, I'll take on the Blight Myself.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Added a BYOC wiki page to the community wiki: http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/BYOC
    Does anyone have an awesome BYOC picture I can use in the infobox?

I considered using @[H]olyGeekBoy's Div and Jerry, but don't want to do so without permission
    jerry_and_div.jpg

Permission is granted times a million. Thanks! :)

I just picked up the parts for my casemod yesterday. It's been a lean winter and couldn't afford parts til now. :) Wish me luck!

p3HkbcM.png
  • [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    thorkon wrote:
    I'm almost done with the video and whatnot but here is a early pic of newest PC case:
    The Legend of Zelda: A Mod to the Past

DSC_0080.jpg

That's another awesome case. Can't wait to see!

p3HkbcM.png
    Thanks, I'm curious to see what you put together this year :D

Heres the video guys, hot off the internets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WS5ul7p6_c

thorkon wrote:

My parts are mostly here, what CPU did you choose? I picked an AMD A8-3870K... 4 cores and a Radeon HD 6550 on one die (F1 socket) for $130! :)

p3HkbcM.png
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz is the cpu I went with. First foray into AMD in along time so I'm a bit unfamiliar with them. Grabbed a 6950 (2gb) as this will be my main gaming pc for awhile. I still got to clean up some wiring on the inside, ha.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I could never work BYOC, I'd stand around all day gawking at these amazing casemods. Nice work, @thorkon! :D

• GUNNARS|JordanGUNNARS|Jordan Registered User new member
    Hey everyone,

Jordan from GUNNAR Optiks here. If you haven't heard of GUNNARS before, we specializing in an eye wear that filters out harsh light from digital screens and basically makes your whole digital viewing experience comfortable and easy on the eyes(Most importantly is the health benefits they have by helping your eyes not work as hard).

You can check out the glasses here at www.gunnars.com and see an animation video about our products benefits on front of our youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/GunnarOptiks?v=EoQPRuS7Go0

Basically, the reason I'm posting this is to see interest from the attendee's in having a GUNNAR demo station set up where you can come up and rent some GUNNARS to game with during your BYOC session. All feedback would be appreciated!

Have a good day and see everybody there!

Regards,

Jordan G.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Rent? Meh. Check out to try? Sure.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    thorkon wrote: »

That is AMAZING! Could you make me one????? jkjk - but seriously that is amazing I love it!

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    15149546.jpg

• GUNNARS|JordanGUNNARS|Jordan Registered User new member
    Khadour wrote: »
    Rent? Meh. Check out to try? Sure.

Correction* Borrow. You guys would come up and ask for a pair to borrow at the registration table.

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    This was great last year. Got to use gunner's all weekend and really enjoyed them. Now only if where I get my glasses could get their hands on Gunner RX......

signature.png
  • IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    Is there still room?

http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
    Izzie wrote: »
    Is there still room?

According to this list, there are still seats available (max 360 paid)
    http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=registrations&eventid=1838

• taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    Hi everybody.

We're going to be removing a set of tables to make room for the admin area so we're going to cap BYOC at 330. We currently have approximately 315 signed up (not all paid yet, slackers).

So we have 15 or so slots still available as of 14:49 (GMT + 5) 2012/03/02

yBfDKg5.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I think you mean GMT -5, GMT +5 is New Delhi time.

E6LkoFK.png

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    taumeson wrote: »
    Hi everybody.

We're going to be removing a set of tables to make room for the admin area so we're going to cap BYOC at 330. We currently have approximately 315 signed up (not all paid yet, slackers).

So we have 15 or so slots still available as of 14:49 (GMT + 5) 2012/03/02

Eep! I'm guessing if I just signed up and paid that I'll be ok? :\

Ln5yLL7.png