As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    Yeah hitting that ramptruck just before was terrifying. Butt was clenched, yo!

I'm glad you're having a blast with my favorite Drive Like An Asshole simulator.

You would not believe how much fun I'm having with it. Its by far the best driving game I've played. Massive story event happened whilst playing it today and the game just blew me away for the umpteenth time. Its like just when I think they've ran out of ideas, BAM! Another crazy feature I get to experience. Seriously, thanks again for a great gift mate!

Dude, the final mission is so goddamn bananas. Even compared to what you've already done. It's amazing.

Why must you tease me!!!

Is that the new Driver game? Because if it is, I might be consulting the ole Flow Chart here soon.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote:
    Handgimp is an extemporaneously classy crab. You know, I just got back from Texas, on my computer, fresh from buying the JK series pack, just playing some Space Marine. Handgimp comes in the group chat and says "Who wants free games" I answer, "Mount and Blade: Warband" And you know what happened next chill'uns? I saw, in my gift box, Mount and Blade: Warband, the game I've wanted for 2 years.

To reiterate, Handgimp is one extremely classy gentleman.
    Handgimp is on a spree, actually:

handgimpwitcher.jpg

So yes, not only have I begun to see what all the fuss is about with The Witcher, I will now have the chance to experience the by all accounts AMAZING The Witcher 2.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Guys, has anyone had luck modding the steam version of TW:Medieval II? granted, I only mucked about with it for about 20 minutes, but I couldn't get DarthMod working and the only guide I could find awas written in 2008 and doesn't include any info for steam

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Woah wait, is that true? You get the enhanced edition for freebies before 4/17?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    wait, people who buy it later don't get the enhanced edition?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Both of those statements!

• Options
    Anyone who owns The Witcher 2 before April 17th will get the Enhanced Edition for free when it comes out. After April 17, you'll probably have to buy "The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition," like, if you buy an old copy of The Witcher 2 that was lying around in a store you'll probably have to buy DLC or you won't get the update or something.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I would guess a witcher 1 situation where it's the only digital version but if you can find a box copy of dehanced edition then by all means

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Now, if only there was someone with a Witcher 2 coupon and/or Steam makes it a daily deal before March 30th/April 17th! C'mon Newell! 8->

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been putting off and putting off buying Witcher 2 through repeated markdowns, kept telling myself I was going to try to finish the first one again or made some small-minded excuse about the size of my gamebank, blah blah blah. If we're lucky enough to get it as a daily or whatever between now and 4/17 though I think I'll finally have to pull the trigger.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    The always classy @Handgimp gifted me the Witcher 2 last week and I'm having so much fun with it that I'm shitting kittens.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote:
    The always classy @Handgimp gifted me the Witcher 2 last week and I'm having so much fun with it that I'm shitting kittens.

Meow don't go making a mess.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Hyperion wrote:
    I am now having second thoughts about enjoying my new gift...

I mean, I love kittens, but my roommate is allergic.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote:
    Hyperion wrote:

Meow don't go making a mess.

Don't get too fur-ious.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Anyone who owns The Witcher 2 before April 17th will get the Enhanced Edition for free when it comes out. After April 17, you'll probably have to buy "The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition," like, if you buy an old copy of The Witcher 2 that was lying around in a store you'll probably have to buy DLC or you won't get the update or something.

It's pretty much like what they did with TW1: Enhanced Edition is essentially a gimungous patch (3.0 in this case) which everyone gets. So after the 17th, you can only buy the enhanced edition, and even if you bought the old and busted version off the shelf somewhere afterwards, you can still download the update.

• Options
    So really instead of saying "everyone who has bought The Witcher 2 before April 17th gets it for free!" they should just have said "everyone gets it for free!" because whether you bought it before or after April 17th, your purchase date doesn't mean jack shit.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I don't know why the fuck I read that staircase thing every time it gets linked.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    Kadoken wrote:
    Should I buy the Dreadnaught dlc in the future? Chaos Unlesshed was cheap and seemed like a good deal. Dreadnaught was still $10, and screw that.

I hate the fact that they made power swords dlc, but for $1 that's not too bad. I might buy it so I can be unique in our chapter.

No man is unique in his service to the Emperor.
    I bought the Power Sword.

€ 2,50 for the power sword here. I think I will wait and see if it ever goes on sale.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Kadoken wrote:
    Should I buy the Dreadnaught dlc in the future? Chaos Unlesshed was cheap and seemed like a good deal. Dreadnaught was still $10, and screw that.

I hate the fact that they made power swords dlc, but for $1 that's not too bad. I might buy it so I can be unique in our chapter.

No man is unique in his service to the Emperor.
    I bought the Power Sword.

€ 2,50 for the power sword here. I think I will wait and see if it ever goes on sale.

I think I bought it for 26 cents during the sale.

Because the only thing better than serving the Newell is serving both the Newell and the Emperor :)

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    So really instead of saying "everyone who has bought The Witcher 2 before April 17th gets it for free!" they should just have said "everyone gets it for free!" because whether you bought it before or after April 17th, your purchase date doesn't mean jack shit.

Pretty much.
    GOG.com is pleased as punch to announce that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, developed by sister company CD Projekt RED, will be coming to PC on the 17th of April! Just like when CDP RED updated the original Witcher to The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, this comes with scads of upgrades and extras for you to enjoy. The good news is that anyone who owns The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings before the 17th will receive the upgrade to the Enhanced Edition for free!

Note: This upgrade is available to everyone who has bought The Witcher 2, not just folks who bought it from GOG.com. The upgrade will be free from now until the heat death of the universe, available through the in-game launcher.

The second paragraph basically says "j/k about the first paragraph lol"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    oakke wrote:
    Gentleman, prepare once again to shit your pants.

In Chinese, this time!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/10/frictional-teases-a-new-amnesia-project-possibly-set-in-china/
    Oh, good timing.

Alright... remember you folks were talking about SCP a few days ago?
    So, apparently some bastard made a short game based on SCP-087, and IT'S FUCKING SCARY.
    It's really short, but features procedural generation of scary stuff, and it's also free, so here's the download link for anyone brave enough to try it.
    PS: Googling/youtubing it may spoil some of the fun.

I'm late to the tea party as always, but...

D:

Edit: Downloading. Gulp.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Everyone keeps talking about Driver, I guess I'll have to check it out. What are you playing it with @Big Isy?

I'm using the 360 pad, it was definitely designed for that. The driving may put you off at first since the cards have a lot of momentum but then if you crash, you could just shift into another. (admittedly, alot of missions don't let you do that and keep you restricted to within the car but they're quite a bit later when you're more familiar with the game). Also @tef, the game automatically records about 5 minutes if your playtime as a replays. They're almost always fantastic too.

• Options
    *gasps* I just checked my emails on mt phone and I've received a gift! Dustforce! From the ever classier gent known as @handgimp! Seriously buddy, thanks so much for this and also reminding me top back my Skyrim folder up prior to modding. Had a whole drive not being used.

Also you should slow down on the gifting, if your classiness continues the universe may implode!

• Options
    VelspertheCatVelspertheCat Registered User regular
    Hello all. I had just picked up Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World on Steam, and I was wondering if there were any other indie RPGs that were as good as them.

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Installed the SCP game.
    Turned it off after 10 seconds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Big Isy wrote:
    *gasps* I just checked my emails on mt phone and I've received a gift! Dustforce! From the ever classier gent known as @handgimp!
    Also you should slow down on the gifting, if your classiness continues the universe may implode!
    Today I had a vision.
    This is how a regular user sees Steam:
    liRrF.jpg

This is how the how that avatar of classiness we know as @Handgimp actually sees it*
    rT9hY.jpg

*Note: Of course, this also applies to many other classy members of these forums.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Reminder the first:
    I love that crab.

Also, it's Friday. This makes me happy. I would like to share my happy happy joy joys with you Steamonites. Thus, I am giving away a copy of;

Space Marine - pretty simple, just drop me a PM with one of your favourite (none offensive) words.

and

Serious Sam Pack (The Random Encounter, Double D, The First Encounter, The Second Encounter - also none Steam versions of Kamikaze Attack, and The Greek Encounter - pretty simple again, drop me a PM with one of your favourite invectives, what would you utter as the alien horde descends upon you and you pull the trigger of you favourite gun only to hear *click*.

Enter for either or both. This being PA I expect some random responses so please state which your entry pertains to, or if both, which word is for which game.

I'll ping them out Sunday morning GMT. Get enwordenating.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    Haha :lol:

You've done it again! Now I want a gifting version of steam, that would be amazing.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    *gasps* I just checked my emails on mt phone and I've received a gift! Dustforce! From the ever classier gent known as @handgimp!
    Today I had a vision.
    This is how a regular user sees Steam:
    liRrF.jpg

This is how the how that avatar of classiness we know as @Handgimp actually sees it*
    rT9hY.jpg

*Note: Of course, this also applies to many other classy members of these forums.

Every time i read this thread Handgimp has gifted something to someone. Bravo.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Installed the SCP game.
    Turned it off after 10 seconds.

I managed about 10 sets of stairs before the thought of that face right behind me was too much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    See that gent just above me.
    Yes, the one nicknamed @Ashe.
    The Class is strong with him.
    He has just drive-by gifted me Jedi Academy! <3
    Thanks! <3<3
    EJmW5.png

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Holy shit SMNC is hectic and confusing.
    But it seems really fun, my first impression of it is that it's some sort of MOBA/TF2 hybrid.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So i'm on the fence whether or not to preorder Crusader Kings 2. I want to play that game so badly, but I'm worried that it will have a classic paradox launch (buggy, unbalanced, etc). Plus, don't know if the preorder items are really worth it. Wish they would have thrown in a different game instead of CK1. Anyone else thinking of getting it?

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it was pretty much "what the hell is going on" when I first played. You should check out @Rorus Raz's primer vids in the SMNC thread. Gives a good over view of the main points of interest.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:

"TROLOLOLOLO LOLOLO LOLOLO HAHAHAHA!" I want some of that

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    These will be ending shortly:
    PA G&T Adventure Team only.

signature.png

signature.png

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hello all. I had just picked up Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World on Steam, and I was wondering if there were any other indie RPGs that were as good as them.

I find Avadon and the Eschalon games really enjoyable when I get the RPG itch. The Geneforge series, from the creator of Avadon, is supposed to be really good too.

Drake on
  • Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    cpugeek13 wrote:
    So i'm on the fence whether or not to preorder Crusader Kings 2. I want to play that game so badly, but I'm worried that it will have a classic paradox launch (buggy, unbalanced, etc). Plus, don't know if the preorder items are really worth it. Wish they would have thrown in a different game instead of CK1. Anyone else thinking of getting it?

The demo is quite polished and comparatively bug-free. The pre-order bonuses seem like things that will just get put in mods, however.

• Options
    sgt robsgt rob Pure Rock Fury Registered User regular
    I have Skyrim on Steam but am using a mod that wants me to launch the game through another .exe

What launch option will direct the launching of Skyrim through Steam to use the different executable?

Alien imposter. Pretender. I'll keep you safe now. Close to my heart.
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    sgt rob wrote:
    I have Skyrim on Steam but am using a mod that wants me to launch the game through another .exe

What launch option will direct the launching of Skyrim through Steam to use the different executable?

is it skse that you need to launch it? if so just rename it to SkyrimLauncher.exe, I would rename the original launcher to something like SkyrimLauncher_original.exe as you will need that one again any time you want to install more mods

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.