As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    sgt robsgt rob Pure Rock Fury Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:
    I have Skyrim on Steam but am using a mod that wants me to launch the game through another .exe

What launch option will direct the launching of Skyrim through Steam to use the different executable?

is it skse that you need to launch it? if so just rename it to SkyrimLauncher.exe, I would rename the original launcher to something like SkyrimLauncher_original.exe as you will need that one again any time you want to install more mods

Ah yes, good idea. Thanks :)

Alien imposter. Pretender. I'll keep you safe now. Close to my heart.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    sgt rob wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:
    I have Skyrim on Steam but am using a mod that wants me to launch the game through another .exe

What launch option will direct the launching of Skyrim through Steam to use the different executable?

is it skse that you need to launch it? if so just rename it to SkyrimLauncher.exe, I would rename the original launcher to something like SkyrimLauncher_original.exe as you will need that one again any time you want to install more mods

You could probably add it with the Add A Game function on the Steam client too.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:

the only problem with that would be Steam wouldn't track hours played if that bothers you, also I'm not sure if achievements would work

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Not super Steam related but if anyone has been keeping an eye on indie RPG Driftmoon, a rather massive demo was released yesterday http://www.instantkingdom.com/

Game is pretty fun, going to purchase it methinks.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So...who wants a copy of Zeno Clash? PM me! :) Sceptre did! :)

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    Pereza0Pereza0 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Zeno clash is supah fun, highly recommended

Pereza0 on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    rikdaly wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:
    rikdaly wrote:
    sgt rob wrote:

the only problem with that would be Steam wouldn't track hours played if that bothers you, also I'm not sure if achievements would work

This actually does work and the hours played and achievements will still track correctly.

So yeah, no need to go in and replace one of the game's .exes.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote:
    See that gent just above me.
    Yes, the one nicknamed @Ashe.
    The Class is strong with him.
    He has just drive-by gifted me Jedi Academy! <3
    Thanks! <3<3
    EJmW5.png

So THAT'S what it feels like for a thread to peak on page 4.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    How the hell did I miss Jedi Crab? Thanks for reposting it heenato!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh look, the trend of good Dailys has ended. Call of Juarez: The Cartel, 66% off.

For anyone even considering getting this game, watch this Extra Credits, which shows just how vile a game it is.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Anyone else unable to access any part of the Community tab?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Yeah. I cant right now...and I was about to download classy crab for skyrim.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so further amazement shock and awe of handgimp. he was yelling at people last night demanding people to tell him they want a gift so he could get a hit of that sweet sweet classyness. being an enabler, since he looked so sad not getting a fix, i stepped up. then @handgimp angerly gifted me SR3 with the message "Fuck YOu! (I'm Drunk)"

its a shame what happens to people when they get hooked on the classy. makes it harder and harder to subdue those cravings

also i apparently won chat last night since @cardboard delusions gave me the Star wars pack.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Wasn't Call of Juarez already on sale? I could have swore I saw it in the specials yesterday.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So my steam workshop/store keep breaking. I click workshop under skyrim and it gives me a "Failed to load web page unknown error -118"

Anyone know how to fix that? I already tried deleting the htmlcache and cookies.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote:
    So my steam workshop/store keep breaking. I click workshop under skyrim and it gives me a "Failed to load web page unknown error -118"

Anyone know how to fix that? I already tried deleting the htmlcache and cookies.
    Steam community is down. You gotta wait until it comes back.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ah ha. That would explain it.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Grumble grumble. Trying to upload my Skyrim mod here!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    mts wrote:
    then @handgimp angerly gifted me SR3 with the message "Fuck YOu! (I'm Drunk)"

Best gift message ever.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Wow JK2 and M&B are awesome. JK2's death animations are just great, coming from the guy who said in that generation (GC,XB, and PS2) "I will not buy a game unless it has rag doll".

M&B, is fantastic. I don't know which mods I want to get yet. Already got tweakmb, but I've always wanted to try out Anno Domini, diplomacy mod, Sengoku Jidai, Blood and Steel, Revolutionary war, Civil War, and Russian Civil War.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote:
    Wow JK2 and M&B are awesome. JK2's death animations are just great, coming from the guy who said in that generation (GC,XB, and PS2) "I will not buy a game unless it has rag doll".

M&B, is fantastic. I don't know which mods I want to get yet. Already got tweakmb, but I've always wanted to try out Anno Domini, diplomacy mod, Sengoku Jidai, Blood and Steel, Revolutionary war, Civil War, and Russian Civil War.
    The Floris Mod Pack is pretty good for a Vanilla+ sort of feel.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Guys. Guys. Guys! GUYS!!

Cannon Fodder 3

Apparently it's been out in Russia and only recently snuck in with an English translation. Still, Starforce.

If they want actual money from this translation, they need to get off Gamersgate and head to Steam. Who the heck goes Gamersgate exclusive?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Need a bit of help if possible from you Steamonaughts.

I am trying to play Dawn of War II: Retribution, when I load it up, it will only let me select Last Stand multi player. I thought I'd herped and just bought The Last Stand Alone, so went to the store for Retribution and sure enough it says I already own it. I hit Play Now and it loads up The Last Stand Alone. No campaign option available.

Am I being mentally deficient and missing something?

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Figgy wrote:
    Guys. Guys. Guys! GUYS!!

Cannon Fodder 3

Apparently it's been out in Russia and only recently snuck in with an English translation. Still, Starforce.

If they want actual money from this translation, they need to get off Gamersgate and head to Steam. Who the heck goes Gamersgate exclusive?

Oh the nostalgia! I played Cannon Fodder a lot on my old Amiga 500. If this new one is half as fun as the old ones it will surely be good!

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Sequence is WAY harder than I expected it to be.

Wish it had colorized notes like in DDR. Would really help reading rhythms.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I didn't even know there was a CF2. I loved CF though, especially the legions of people lining up to enlist followed by 5 minutes of scrolling through the recently deceased.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    That SCP game is a textbook example of horror done right. Not that it was all that scary, you big babies it's just stairs. :P Why, I walked those stairs for 20 minutes. Good example of letting your imagination run wild tho.
    then when I quit I realized I'd been almost holding my breath the whole time and a sense of dread washed away.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    One last reminder before I go get some sleep.
    I love that crab.

Also, it's Friday. This makes me happy. I would like to share my happy happy joy joys with you Steamonites. Thus, I am giving away a copy of;

Space Marine - pretty simple, just drop me a PM with one of your favourite (none offensive) words.

and

Serious Sam Pack (The Random Encounter, Double D, The First Encounter, The Second Encounter - also none Steam versions of Kamikaze Attack, and The Greek Encounter - pretty simple again, drop me a PM with one of your favourite invectives, what would you utter as the alien horde descends upon you and you pull the trigger of you favourite gun only to hear *click*.

Enter for either or both. This being PA I expect some random responses so please state which your entry pertains to, or if both, which word is for which game.

I'll ping them out Sunday morning GMT. Get enwordenating.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well folks, time to pull a pair of tophats off the stack and toss 'em over to @Kainy and @pablo_price - they're out of uniform after collaborating to hook me up with LA Noire. Thanks guys, now don't let me see you without those accoutrements of classiness!

Oh, and friendly reminder:

signature.png

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    mts wrote:
    so further amazement shock and awe of handgimp. he was yelling at people last night demanding people to tell him they want a gift so he could get a hit of that sweet sweet classyness. being an enabler, since he looked so sad not getting a fix, i stepped up. then @handgimp angerly gifted me SR3 with the message "Fuck YOu! (I'm Drunk)"

its a shame what happens to people when they get hooked on the classy. makes it harder and harder to subdue those cravings

also i apparently won chat last night since @cardboard delusions gave me the Star wars pack.

SR3 ! One of the best games released last year. So good.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote:
    That SCP game is a textbook example of horror done right. Not that it was all that scary, you big babies it's just stairs. :P Why, I walked those stairs for 20 minutes. Good example of letting your imagination run wild tho.
    then when I quit I realized I'd been almost holding my breath the whole time and a sense of dread washed away.

Hah. I did the exact same thing. My jaw started hurting because I was clenching my teeth so hard the entire time.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    GCI just keeps getting better. I'm not getting the best performance out of it (Internet leads me to believe its because of GFWL/Steam compatability), but it works well enough. I think a performance patch and maybe some balancing and it will be saaaaaaweeeeet.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote:

Hah. I did the exact same thing. My jaw started hurting because I was clenching my teeth so hard the entire time.

what game is this that we're talking about?

• Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    What is scp-87?

I see the game and the whole site its based on but I dont get what it is.

Is it some kind of ARG?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22127703#Comment_22127703

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    That looks scary.

Also, I'm surprised. The last article on Frictional said their next game would be non-horror.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The SCP-087 game is very scary, but it's all in the player's mind.
    Unless you're the unlucky bastard to trigger the end.

I stopped playing at floor 40, and I tell myself it's because I was becoming bored. That's what I tell myself.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Zeno Clash is great and everyone should own it.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    Sequence is WAY harder than I expected it to be.

Wish it had colorized notes like in DDR. Would really help reading rhythms.

Gotta buy myself a 360 pad so I can continue Sequence. So good. <3

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lord Jezo wrote:
    What is scp-87?

I see the game and the whole site its based on but I dont get what it is.

Is it some kind of ARG?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22127703#Comment_22127703

The SCP (Secure Containment Protocols) Foundation is (fictionally) a trans-governmental shadow organization that hunts down, collects, catalogs, and contains all manner supernatural horrors. Everything from bizarre objects with "magical" or supernatural powers, to horrible, murderous monsters, and seemingly immortal humans with amazing powers. Each "subject" they contain is filed with an SCP-number with a corresponding wiki page detailing the abilities/powers/backstory of each subject, along with the Foundation's containment protocols, along with memos detailing attempts to study/kill/use each subject.

In actuality, it's basically a ghost/horror/sci-fi fiction wiki, with the wrapper of the "Foundation." Each SCP story is written by a different contributor, following the site's guidelines.

Some of them are absolutely horrifying. SCP-087 is a good starting point.

Some of my other favorites:
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093 (this one is especially deep and detailed
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-231 (this one is... deeply horrifying, especially Procedure 110-Montauk)
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682

minor incident on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-140

I hold this as the absolute high watermark of SCP. Horrifying.

This discussion has been closed.