As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Darmak wrote:
    The SCP stuff is interesting but none of it is horrifying or even the tiniest bit scary.

This has been my reaction too.

I read the one with Procedure 110-Montauk thinking maybe this one will do it. Everyone seems to freak on this one. My reaction was, "That was kinda awesome."

"Awesome" is your reaction to implied sadomasochistic rape/torture? 'kay.

Yeah, "awesome" was my reaction to the story. Since you post here in G&T I'd say it's probably a safe bet that you've committed "murder" thousands and thousands of times in many different games, and you thought it was awesome. See how silly this line of reasoning is?

How's the air up there on your moral high horse?

Jesus Christ, will you people just drop it?

Look, I think I should get a chance to respond to this sort of thing, regardless of how many people chime in before me. I do appreciate that most people get where I was coming from, but I get to make my point. Is this ok with you, Mr. Gaslight?

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Just finished Bastion.

Oh my.

Sooo good. Going to go back in. Hell, I might drag my family along for the ride.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote:
    Just finished Bastion.

Oh my.

Sooo good. Going to go back in. Hell, I might drag my family along for the ride.
    "Son, you are in charge of the forward and left keys. Daughter, you get the back and right keys. Other son, you get the mouse. Wife, you grab the rest. I will supervise."

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ironically, there are actual Steam games where the overlay and screenshots don't work.

Gaslight on
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I've posted thanks to school. Thought I'd come in and rant about how Valentine's Day is about to consume my Serve-the-Newell wallet and was wondering if any of you guys are facing the same thing as I am.

camo_sig2.png
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote:
    Just finished Bastion.
    Oh my.
    "Son, you are in charge of the forward and left keys. Daughter, you get the back and right keys. Other son, you get the mouse. Wife, you grab the rest. I will supervise."

I wish I could find a video of that part in Mighty Ducks 2 where they are all tied together.

camo_sig2.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    If steam has a valentines day sale, where you can send specialized gifts to people, all pink and with prewritten candy heart phrases, I think we would all be out of money.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Bad rats with pink and prewritten candy heart phrases will be perfect. Love and hate.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    We always hurt the ones we love.

steam_sig.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oops, sorry to see the SCP talk turned sour. Each to their own, I guess.

Onwards with Steam-related waffle instead! A couple of days until Dear Esther appears. Fascinated by this, and really looking forward to it. I'd not heard of the mod it is based on before. Anyone with experience of it in the past?

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Gaslight wrote:
    Ironically, there are actual Steam games where the overlay and screenshots don't work.

The overlay didn't work with Outrun for a long time, but they seem to have stealth patched it in somewhere, because it does now.

Every game I've bought on Steam that runs through DOSBox doesn't work with the overlay though, so sadly I can't chat with my homeboys while I'm paying Dark Forces or DOOM.

SmokeStacks on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

The overlay didn't work with Outrun for a long time, but they seem to have stealth patched it in somewhere, because it does now.

Every game I've bought on Steam that runs through DOSBox doesn't work with the overlay though, so sadly I can't chat with my homeboys while I'm paying Dark Forces or DOOM.

You can use the overlay in DOSBox if you set it to run in OpenGL. Although I can't remember offhand how to edit the config to do that.

• The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    @Viking and @Handgimp won the Space Marine contest, I couldn't decide between the two entries (I blame the caramel vodka) so both win, and @Idx86 won the Serious Sam bundle contest.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    For a second I thought I was back in school.

BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH CLASS IN THIS THREAD

<3
    Sorry for the caps, I got emotional :)

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote:
    Oops, sorry to see the SCP talk turned sour. Each to their own, I guess.

Onwards with Steam-related waffle instead! A couple of days until Dear Esther appears. Fascinating by this, and really looking forward to it. I'd not heard of the mod it is based on before. Anyone with experience of it in the past?

Yeah, for sure, I'm really looking forward to this. Never played the mod, but it sounds really interesting. Should make for a break from all the big budget games I'm meant to be playing.

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    @Viking and @Handgimp won the Space Marine contest, I couldn't decide between the two entries (I blame the caramel vodka) so both win, and @Idx86 won the Serious Sam bundle contest.

So classy. What were the words?

steam_sig.png
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Peewi wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

You can use the overlay in DOSBox if you set it to run in OpenGL. Although I can't remember offhand how to edit the config to do that.

Is it just adding -opengl to the advanced launch options box or is there more to it than that? It works for me in some games that don't normally like the overlay, like Dungeons of Dredmor.

I tasted caramel vodka for the first time last weekend, and good lord is that stuff delicious!

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    @The Deranged Hermit is a Gent endowed of sturdy moustache, Monocular vision and such superior Top Hatitude for his generous gift of Space Marine.
    My word BTW was - grandiloquent (speaking or expressed in a lofty style, often to the point of being pompous or bombastic.)

Now for some reason all I can think of is the fight promoter from Jade Empire....
    "Don't get flusterated. Everything I say is perfectly cromulent, and it might do you well to embiggen your vocabulary before you fling accretions my discretion." - Qui the Promoter

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I liked the way when you rise to grand champion, he somehow discovers his proper vocabulary.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just finished Portal 2... man that was a great game; better than the first. Steam says I clocked in at 7 hours. I think it was the perfect length.

Me: 1
    Backlog: 89

datac0re on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote:

So classy. What were the words?

Mine was recondite - Adjective: (of a subject or knowledge) Little known; abstruse: "recondite information".

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote:

I tasted caramel vodka for the first time last weekend, and good lord is that stuff delicious!

I was introduced to it at Christmas, can't get enough of the stuff, it is indeed most delicious.

For completion: Idx86's word was Shazbot! Hit me right in the nostalgia gland.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Caramel vodka sounds like a recipe for disaster or at least a night on steam, gifting shit

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Dungeon Defenders on Amazon for $3. Activates on Steam.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Dungeon Defenders on Amazon for $3. Activates on Steam.

Well, good bye to everyone who buys this. See you in several tens of hours.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote:

I was introduced to it at Christmas, can't get enough of the stuff, it is indeed most delicious.

For completion: Idx86's word was Shazbot! Hit me right in the nostalgia gland.

Thank you for your elite level of class! Many foes will be slayed in your name.

The real prize is that you got the reference, though.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Viking wrote:
    @The Deranged Hermit is a Gent endowed of sturdy moustache, Monocular vision and such superior Top Hatitude for his generous gift of Space Marine.
    My word BTW was - grandiloquent (speaking or expressed in a lofty style, often to the point of being pompous or bombastic.)

Now for some reason all I can think of is the fight promoter from Jade Empire....
    "Don't get flusterated. Everything I say is perfectly cromulent, and it might do you well to embiggen your vocabulary before you fling accretions my discretion." - Qui the Promoter
    <3 Simpson's words

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So there are free keys for the Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack if you are interested on Reddit.

There are roughly 2000 keys to choose from so you should be able to get one if you are fast. Note that it is the creator of the games handing these out.

All he asks that if you really enjoy the games to buy a copy for a friend as well. Very classy if you ask me.

Isorn on
  • WBM99WBM99 Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Just bought Batman: AA last night for $10 thanks to a generous coupon from @CroakerBC. I played the first 30 minutes and I have to say that the controls seem very tight and easy to use. The game itself looks absolutely fantastic and I'm happy that I can run it with everything maxed at 60 FPS. Unfortunately, I've already encountered some minor problems with GFWL. It looks like it has so much promise when it first opens but alas, it doesn't.

PSN: wbm99
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:

Dude, that gave me chills.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just posting a apology to the thread for having WAY to much to drink last night and making a post that made very little sense:) Here's a lesson for you kiddies, Don't Drink and Post:) Now I am off to find and imbibe several gallons of water and a few advil.
    This PSA brought to you by stider

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote:
    Is it just adding -opengl to the advanced launch options box or is there more to it than that? It works for me in some games that don't normally like the overlay, like Dungeons of Dredmor.

I don't know whether that does work, but DOSBox has a config file where it and many other options can be set.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    P.B. Winterbottom for $1.69

If you don't own it, you'd better.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hooray! A good Daily again! :D

Also, the Steam Store down for anyone else?

Lord_Snot on
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    P.B. Winterbottom for $1.69

If you don't own it, you'd better.

Er...what is it? It looked vaguely PA-Adventures like the other day, but the Steam Store appears to be down right now, so I can't dig up some detail.

On a related note, did you guys crash the store? Well done.
    <3

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Anyone else having Steam issues?

50433.png?1708759015
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    STEAM STORE EXPERIENCING HEAVY LOADS
    You will now lose access to all of your multiplayer games while we reboot servers.
    Fuck you for using Steam. Have a nice day.

Unable to sync to cloud. You may lose data.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote:
    STEAM STORE EXPERIENCING HEAVY LOADS
    You will now lose access to all of your multiplayer games while we reboot servers.
    Fuck you for using Steam. Have a nice day.

Whine much?

50433.png?1708759015
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Wow, there was some huge kind of reset there. Steam even needed to be re-added to my firewall exceptions.

This discussion has been closed.