As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pizza and Beer

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    shit does the olive garden even serve pizza?

Yep.

But that draw back to the initial question, "Who the fuck orders pizza at a nice Italian restaurant?"

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Zonugal wrote:
    shit does the olive garden even serve pizza?

Yep.

But that draw back to the initial question, "Who the fuck orders pizza at a nice Italian restaurant?"

well I was gonna say that if even the olive garden doesn't serve pizza then

but

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This past year at PAX I ordered a pizza during the fancy dinner from the Purple Cafe.

Largely it was a financial decision because their pizzas are relatively cheap.

You know what their pizzas are also? Terrible.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    I have managed to convince myself against pizza tonight, since we are getting "fancy italian food" on tuesday which might as well be pizza apparently

political-pictures-untitled.gif

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    You people don't have nice Italian restaurants that don't serve pizza? I don't even know how to respond to that.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Karl wrote:
    You people don't have nice Italian restaurants that don't serve pizza? I don't even know how to respond to that.

hold on let me diagram this sentence before I respond to it

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Karl wrote:

hold on let me diagram this sentence before I respond to it

Jesus wept I need to proofread before I hit the reply button.

What I attempted to say is that I find it strange that nice Italian places in the US do not serve pizza.

Karl on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    No they do

it is just that no one orders it because it is a nice Italian place why would you get pizza

pizza is a common meal over here

CYpGAPn.png
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Here in Italy, if you want to go out for pizza, you usually go to a Pizzeria

Some restaurants also serve pizza, but as a general rule you can't walk in and expect them to have pizza on the menu

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    pizza is served everywhere else

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    The only time I've ever seen pizza in a nice Italian restaurant is on the kids menu.

next to the grilled cheese and chicken fingers.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
    Pizza is not nice Italian food.

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    There can be nice pizzas, the market is just inundated with fast-food pizza.

Which, like fast-food tacos, fast-food ice-cream, and all fast-food products, can be pretty shitty.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited February 2012
    By fast-food pizza do you mean Pizza Hut/Domino's/Papa John's/etc.? Totally agree there. They are all terrible. Regular little pizzerias with great pizza are everywhere around here. I never understood why anyone would go to those chain restaurants for pizza.

edit: look at me acting all high and mighty about pizza. let's be honest, I'd pretty much eat any pizza. bad pizza is still pizza.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    gonna eat this thing

PGpc5.jpg

Sometimes you just have a craving for shit pizza. Ain't no reason to feel bad about that.

Until you eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Ladai wrote:
    By fast-food pizza do you mean Pizza Hut/Domino's/Papa John's/etc.? Totally agree there. They are all terrible.

GET OUT.

Ladai what is your feeling on lorenzos

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    pizza hut is fuckin' delicious

my buddy just got a job delivering pizzas though and he already never wants to eat PH again

reposig.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    gonna eat this thing
    PGpc5.jpg

Is that round (probably table) like thing a part of the pizza? It looks like it should be.

Oh brilliant
    its pretty clearly not part of the pizza

reposig.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    it's a pizza stone

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    That's a pizza stone, you stick it in the oven and heat it up for a while before you stick the pizza in to simulate the brick-oven thing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited February 2012
    zucchini wrote:
    Ladai what is your feeling on lorenzos

I think it's good drunk pizza. So far the only pizza in Philly I've really liked is La Rosa's on Broad Street and one other one that I can't remember the name of. I feel like most Philly pizza has this spongy, cornbread-cracker crust that I just can't get over.

But like I said, bad pizza is still pizza as far as I'm concerned.

edit: I should note I've only had the pizza at the South St. Lorenzos. I've only ever had the sausage sandwiches at the Italian Market one.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
    I like the Italian market one better, the south street one is obviously a tourist trap.

My favroite pizza place will always be Village/California pizza in uni city... the latter had a chicken finger platter for 5.25 when I was in school. Four fingers, a box full of fries, garlic bread, slaw, side salad. A damn feast for pennies on the dollar.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The best pizza I've ever had is from Pizzeria Stella in Old City

It's a brick oven place. Their tartufo pizza with black truffles on it, and when they bring it to your table they crack an egg over it

amazing

damn that sounds really good. too bad I'm never in university city. I'll have to keep it in mind just in case I have to head over there, though.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    So uh, apparently Papa John's is doing a thing.

9loo5gbqck6iwho7234GNuGJo1_500.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It would've been easier to just make the pepperoni heart shaped

so they just give you a shitty, smaller pizza?

nice

reposig.jpg
    Looks like Mickey Mouse's high school year book photo.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

It's a brick oven place. Their tartufo pizza with black truffles on it, and when they bring it to your table they crack an egg over it

amazing

Stella is amazing

i love the asparagus appetizer, the arancini, and the pepperoni pizza

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited February 2012
    So uh, apparently Papa John's is doing a thing.

9loo5gbqck6iwho7234GNuGJo1_500.jpg

http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=08122004

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

Ubik wrote:
    Keith wrote:

amazing

Stella is amazing

I think I've only had the tartufo pizza and margherita

Because we're like "fuck yeah, tartufo" but it's a small pizza so we need more food but that pizza's so expensive so we get the cheap margherita

Keith wrote:
    Ubik wrote:
    Keith wrote:

amazing

Stella is amazing

I think I've only had the tartufo pizza and margherita

Because we're like "fuck yeah, tartufo" but it's a small pizza so we need more food but that pizza's so expensive so we get the cheap margherita

yeah it's definitely not a place i can eat at on the reg

but it's so good, i want to try every pizza on the menu eventually

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

since when does poppa johns still do the delicious little peppers+garlic sauce thing anyway

reposig.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote:
    Squall wrote:
    Detroit pizza is okay I guess. I do not ever miss it, though.

i dont know if i could define 'detroit style' pizza

i guess the most popular pizza place in downtown is pizzapapalis? but they just serve chicago style and it is dry and shitty

I guess you could call like, Cottage Inn, Detroit style? Or maybe Jet's or Tower Inn?

jet's maybe

i'm gonna go with buddy's since i somehow forgot buddys

man that is some tasty pizza

I have never eaten at Buddy's actually. I couldn't even tell you where it was.

(if we're being totally honest the last time I was in Michigan was 2009 and I ate at Bell's in Ann Arbor because I was drunk and it was there.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Ladai wrote:
    damn that sounds really good. too bad I'm never in university city. I'll have to keep it in mind just in case I have to head over there, though.

I think they've wised up, its at least 6 now.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Have we done the pizza pits thing yet?

broken image link