As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass E[PHALLA] - Day 6: Ante Up

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, I just wanna say.
    I'm cool with Baidol updating tomorrow if he needs to.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I had a great plan of playing the Mass Effect 3 MP demo to pass the time.

Don't have Battlefield 3. So...fudge.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, I just wanna say.
    I'm cool with Baidol updating tomorrow if he needs to.

No, fuck you, I'm almost done.

The vote was close. The last tally in the thread was off by one vote for two people.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That is going to suck for someone.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well dang, I didn't mean to offend. I'm sorry.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Hurry up Baidol God

I have a midterm tomorrow.

• Options
    Well dang, I didn't mean to offend. I'm sorry.

You can't take this away from me.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    which means i'm dead

welp

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Night 2 – White Noise

The crew was furious. Three camps had formed, all screaming for someone in one of the other camps to be done away with. Eventually, T4CT was dragged away.

In the back, a man tried to make his voice heard. Through cunning wit and a sharp tongue, he hoped to get the crowd to take more action. However, an unusual buzzing sound from the loudspeakers seemed to target his voice and drown him out. Unable to success, the man limped off.

The one known as Skull Man had good reason for the nickname. A xenobiologist, he spent his spare time collecting specimens for his collection in his quarters. Hoping to calm his nerves from the deaths of so many crewmembers, he locked himself in his room to clean his prized possessions. Unfortunately, he dropped one behind his desk, and he just lacked the reach and the flexibility to get it back. Not that it mattered, because his eyes went dark after a swift blow to the head.

Legion (pablo_price) was analyzing crew dossiers to select his next target. Half of the processes contained within the shell were busy calculating probabilities and statistics for crew Indoctrination. The other half were analyzing methods for quick and efficient elimination. Unfortunately, that left none to watch for the explosive round that turned the robot into shrapnel.

“Forgive me, Kalihira, for what I have done.”

The hulking brute continued the patrol. He had seen what had happened to Legion, and he had no intention of meeting the same fate. So, when he heard the unmistakable click of a detonator in the wall, he leapt forward, avoiding most of the blast. Brushing himself off, he listened for the sound of footsteps, but heard nothing.

Munkus Beaver once applied to the Diplomatic Corps of the Systems Alliance. While his verbal skills were impressive, his brashness turned off many of his potential superiors and eventually washed out. Ceberus cared more for results than egos, so Munkus quickly found a home on the Normandy. His tendency to talk, however, still got him into trouble occasionally, which is why he ended up in a crate with a bullet in his head.

Despite the circumstances, Poker night for Langly and his comrades went on. He was having a big night and it seemed no hand of his could go wrong. That is, until he mentioned how he intended to spend all the cash on Asari hookers. Then he found a knife in his back.

Infidel came from the same school as Munkus, only this time he annoyed the wrong knife-wielding person in a dark hallway by talking to himself too loudly.

The Dead

pablo_price – Legion
    T4CT – Normandy Crewmember
    Skull Man – Normandy Crewmember
    Munkus Beaver – Normandy Crewmember
    Langly – Normandy Crewmember
    Infidel - Normandy Crewmember

Inactivity warning
    Green: No posts, No vote
    Tommy2Hands: No Vote

PM’s will be out shortly.

Vote close tomorrow is normal 8:00pm.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What the hell?

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Having caught I have to say with all this ridiculous-ness going one it makes me want to do a phalla sometime called Mexican Standoff in the Room of Many Corners. Everyone is a paranoid delusional nutter in the corner with a gun and gets one kill a night. It'd almost be an experiment of sorts to see if either a) everyone would kill each other in one night, b) they actually work together to make sure they each kill a unique person, or c) they keep accidentally keep ganging up on the same person every night, thus wasting their kill.

Bemused: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/40576/mini-phalla-phallawesome-game-over-zot-and-thorgot-win/p1

Goddammit

And Zot no less.

I liked how he asked (via a proxy no less, even though he was there in person) to be unbanned at dinner one night during PAXEast.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    In the back, a man tried to make his voice heard. Through cunning wit and a sharp tongue, he hoped to get the crowd to take more action. However, an unusual buzzing sound from the loudspeakers seemed to target his voice and drown him out. Unable to success, the man limped off.

Ok... Maybe safe to buy that Speed is telling the truth.

Seems odd that the mafia wouldn't target him, BUT maybe they didn't think the narration would be as explicit as this, and that their roleblock would let us bandwagon him today.

• Options
    !Speed is a liar

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Aw, sorry Skull Man.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I read Legion as an Indoctrinated but now I realize that's the good guy Geth.

shit

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Also - Jerkbot not dying? I think we might need a recount from the village to confirm he was ahead. I'd do it but it is late!

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote:

Seems odd that the mafia wouldn't target him, BUT maybe they didn't think the narration would be as explicit as this, and that their roleblock would let us bandwagon him today.

How does that have anything to do with Speed?

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    So Thane is a vig/sk.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    holy fucking shit EVERYONE DIED.

good luck guys. my instincts tell me that Infidel's an Infidel.

/spaced

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote:
    Also - Jerkbot not dying? I think we might need a recount from the village to confirm he was ahead. I'd do it but it is late!

Perturbed: I'm fairly certain that after a push for Jerkbot there was a bigger push to cement T4CT?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the narration seems to imply that speed used his power but somebody roleblocked him

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    So I guess that means Langly got taken out by Cereberus?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Goose! wrote:
    !Speed is a liar
    AkimboLegs wrote:

Sounds like you're on to something.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wow uh

i guess I got roleblocked or something

that's just

that's just swell

• Options
    Goose! wrote:
    AkimboLegs wrote:

How does that have anything to do with Speed?

It implies that someone tried to have the crowd take more action, which sounds pretty much exactly how I would phrase killing a second person on the voting block. It then implies something stopped that, it then talks about limping...

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    That's a lot of green villagers

Sorry T4CT for voting for you. :(

• Options
    If that is true, and reading it in that same way, it appears the target was the roleblocker.

It could be that the miscount ended up with him in 2nd?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    SwissLion wrote:
    So Thane is a vig/sk.

He sounds pretty vigilante-ish. Unless you are getting your terminology confused.

Knife wielder sounds looks to be the SK.

• Options
    VoproSTEIN wrote:

I forgive you

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    As of the last time the magic box updated, the top three posters were all killed.

So who's gonna stick their neck out this time :?

• Options
    Was infidel a recent edit? He wasn't there my first read through I don't think.

• Options
    T4CT wrote:
    VoproSTEIN wrote:

I forgive you

I will make up for it by listening to you podcast at work<3

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    OK, so let's figure out who was in 2nd. If they aren't mafia, the mafia wouldn't have roleblocked him, unless the whole Speed thing is a mafia ploy.

So either: Speed is mafia, or, whoever was in 2nd place is mafia.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What I'm seeing is either Speed was lying, or he was roleblocked and either Taya or Jerk could be Grunt?

Either way, time for bed!

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    T4CT wrote:
    VoproSTEIN wrote:

I forgive you

I will make up for it by listening to you podcast at work<3

I have to stop posting but I like this

:^:

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Firm: Jerkbot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Interesting that there doesn't seem to have been a conversion last night

xet8c.gif

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    wonder what the bit with grunt meant

• Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    OK, so let's figure out who was in 2nd. If they aren't mafia, the mafia wouldn't have roleblocked him, unless the whole Speed thing is a mafia ploy.

So either: Speed is mafia, or, whoever was in 2nd place is mafia.

T4CT: 19 (That Dave Fella, thorgot, BugBoy, Seriously, SCREECH OF THE FARG, FecklessRogue, Mizuumi, Theidar, ASimPerson, miscellaneousinsanity, Bedlam, Langly, Cythraul, Retaba, KetBra, Taya, VoproSTEIN, jdarksun, Assuran)
    Taya: 16 (Dys, tayvaan, SwissLion, jackisreal, Hullis, NinjaSquirrel, Jerkbot, warban, Shabooty, Speed Racer, Spoit, Goose!, TheLawinator, Zay, Virgil_Leads_You, AkimboLegs)
    Speed Racer: 11 (Munkus Beaver, Gumpy, Infidel, neville, sportzboytjw, pablo_price, Blankzilla, Phyphor, Butler For Life #1, Huntera, I needed a name to post.)
    Munkus Beaver: 8 (T4CT, Sal, The Otaku Suppository, CrackedLens, Skull Man, Cayrus, Gandalf_the_Crazed, Veretas)
    Hullis: 2 (romanqwerty, Pharezon)
    Huntera: 1 (Egos)
    BugBoy: 1 (Melding)
    Seriously: 1 (MrTLicious)
    Jerkbot: 1 (Atari Soul)
    jackisreal: 1 (Thetheroo)
    Zay: 1 (Caulk Bite 6)
    warban: 1 (Antithesis)

Or the Magic Box is lying.

That magic box count is from before the Jerkbot vote exploded.

This discussion has been closed.