As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 15/02/2012: I Am Sick Of Owls

AriviaArivia I Like A ChallengeEarth-1Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Graphic Violence
Batman #6, Bruce has something on his mind:
Photo%202012-02-15%2010%2038%2029%20AM.jpg

huntresssig.jpg
Arivia on

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    I love the cowl with one lens missing. Somehow that one detail lets you know "Batman's been through some shit."

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    is it the 15th month already?... damn smarch weather

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote:
    I love the cowl with one lens missing. Somehow that one detail lets you know "Batman's been through some shit."

Yeah same here. He looks rough as fuck, which is what he should given what he has been through

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    nooooo silly date format

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Venom #13.2, Venom and Red Hulk have been really awesome and work well together, the other two have been kinda eh so far, but love the play between Rulk and Venom.
    qNdPF.jpg
    N1Bqv.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 679.1 was a pretty good .1 issue I guess. Had to lol at Utau making all these anti monster things.
    6bFGq.jpg
    k6ezt.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #7 proves that Spencer is creating a long haul storyline similar to morning glories, I really enjoyed the motif of Pietro running through the pages earlier in the issue, and this is the "shocking" spoilerific ending to the issue.
    QBQsF.jpg
    TpNQc.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'll try and find/get a scan of it up , but my first Motw is in New Avengers, Spidey and Fist pull off
    A web-line powered Fastball special launching Iron Fist's Fist at Clor
    It made me squeal like a school girl

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Batman #6, a cleaned up version of Arivia's choice of the week, as it really is a good moment. Capullo goes funky with his art

batman2-6a.jpg

batman2-6b.jpg

batman2-6c.jpg

Daredevil #8, nice journey into Mole Man's world, lots of black and darkness

daredevil4-6a.jpg

daredevil4-6b.jpg

Generation Hope #16, Lovely Miyazawa art, and a nice moment between Pixie and Velocidad

generationhope16d.jpg

generationhope16e.jpg

Thunderbolts #170 has an interesting take on Camelot, but the best part was the end because we see the greatest team ever appear!

thunderbolts170a.jpg

thunderbolts170b.jpg

And Gredavin's Peter Panzerfaust #1 debuts nicely, although it really does end on the weirdest note with nothing saying it's the end of the issue. It's very much a Fables-like story with Peter Pan and the new Lost Boys during WWII
    The Lost Boys are French Orphans in Calais during the nazi attack, and the great American Peter Pan saves them because that's what we do!

peterpanzerfaust1c.jpg

peterpanzerfaust1d.jpg

peterpanzerfaust1e.jpg

TexiKen on
    I'll try and find/get a scan of it up , but my first Motw is in New Avengers, Spidey and Fist pull off
    A web-line powered Fastball special launching Iron Fist's Fist at Clor
    It made me squeal like a school girl

Yeah

that sounds pretty great

Man I love how New Avengers is basically "Iron Fist rules: the comic"

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    yeah, you had a scan Tex, I just used my phone

huntresssig.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The Spidey/Iron Fist moment from New Avengers
    Fist1.jpg
    fist2.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    right thread, this time
    more than meets the eye #2 was fantastic

it's a really great team book that manages comedy and tragedy with skill

Whirl and Cyclonus confronting each other on the Lost Light after their fight in issue one was awesome

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Batman #6: Loved the artwork. Every issue so far has been pure eye sex.

Disappointed in the stale "hero gets beaten almost to death, he then gets mad and begins mopping the floor with the not injured at all bad guy" angle. A minor quibble in an otherwise solid issue (too short!).

Looking forward to More than Meets the Eye #2!

Captain Atom was really good this month! Especially so, I thought.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I thought this was a pretty sweet spread from today's issue of the Star Trek/Legion Of Super-Heroes crossover.
    RNu5i.jpg

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That is awesome. I recognize:

• The time machine from H.G. Wells' The Time Machine
    • The DeLorean from Back to the Future
    • (I think) the time capsule Matt Frewer showed up in in that one episode of The Next Generation
    • A Stargate from Stargate
    • The hot tub time machine from Hot Tub Time Machine
    • The T.A.R.D.I.S. from Doctor Who
    • The phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

EDIT: And is that the dagger from Prince of Persia?

Sneaks on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Here's a version of the spread with labels!
    1a6vr.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    man

that is really cool

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Batman is sick to death of owls. So am I.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    He should have said "I don't give a hoot" and then he puts his bat-eye lens back on.

TexiKen wrote:
    He should have said "I don't give a hoot" and then he puts his bat-eye lens back on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

The Spidey/Iron Fist moment from New Avengers
    Fist1.jpg
    fist2.jpg

it's worth noting that the after shot of the iron fist ball is norman osborn seeing the explosion across an entire city

huntresssig.jpg
    edited February 2012
    Yeah cause Iron Fist fuckin rules

Solar on
    this

this is true

I have been quickly converted to the Holy Church of Danny Rand, just in time to see it go up in flames

huntresssig.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Say what you will about Shadowland but Diggle giving Danny the kill shot at the end was a good move.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    shadowland was terrible because it made the spines on my Thunderbolts trades not match

huntresssig.jpg
    I was about to ask if Diggle has done anything for Marvel since Shadowland but then I read he did the Six Guns book. Kind of a shame Shadowland was so poorly received since Diggle did pretty well on Thunderbolts, plus he wrote a damn good Punisher Max one-shot back in 2006.

I read the first issue of Six Guns at the shop - it looks like a really good take on the Marvel Western set in the modern world. I'm waiting for the trade to read the rest of the story, though. For good Diggle, find some copies of the Losers or his Hellblazer stories.

Arivia wrote:
    shadowland was terrible because it made the spines on my Thunderbolts trades not match

YES

I just couldn't get into Diggle's Losers story.

• areyouthatguyareyouthatguy Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Here's a version of the spread with labels!
    1a6vr.jpg

That double page spread has brought me more joy than entire runs of some series.

• AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    Winter Soldier #2. It's everything I wanted out of this comic and more.

Also the store I work at is helping out with a convention that's being put on by local guys. We got Larry Hama coming. I'm so happy.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    http://orcstain.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/help-a-spirit-of-vengeance-out/
    NOT WORK SAFE

James Stokoe art makes my week. His Orc Stain pages are amazing as always, despite or perhaps because of his insistence of including bongs made out of orc and dino bones. And his Spider-Nam thing is incredible.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just read Scarlet Spider #1 thanks to Comixology and it wasn't bad. The new costume suffers from a lack of blue hoody but it works.

Curious to see if they can make this something worth following or if it crashes and burns (anti-hero spider-man isn't my thing but I'm willing to wait and see).

Caveman Paws on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    my moment of the week was finally trying Prophet via comixology. that was a terrific comic and i'm definitely curious about the story. i'll continue to follow it.