As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4e DnD] (OOC) Temple of Elemental Evil

• Options
    3seed3seed Registered User regular
    Faergus is terrible at all this sneaking around business, so once you all settle on a plan, just tell him who to bash over the head with his sword and he will.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Flight just wants the group to go forward with a clear consensus.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Okay. So, Valesti and Alfonse sneak in, take a peek. If there's any talking to be done, Valesti will let Alfonse try to Bluff his way out of things. Otherwise we are looking to subdue any bad guys or escape/delay to reconnect with the rest of the group.

Here's a Stealth check : 1d20+9=28

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Sorry, been a little absent lately with that sinus infection and stuff going on at work. Let's get a Stealth Check from @Alfonse_Palanso and I'll advance the plot along.

• Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    You too? My sinuses have been destroying me as well, my sore throat is only barely healed (just in time to start work in a week, yay!).

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    My wife and I were sick for about two weeks straight in January. Fortunately, we're both healthy again now (finally).

• Options
    Yeah, its just been lingering here for a week or so, making it hard to focus on much of anything except sleep and the pressure behind my eyes. That combined with work blocking the forums now and having to browse on my phone means that things have been a little slower :(

• Options
    Alfonse_PalansoAlfonse_Palanso Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Alfonse_Palanso on
  • Options
    Post up. Ball's in your guys' court again. Main group would need Perception checks to try and hear what the other two are doing, and more Stealth Checks would be needed for more sneakiness.

If you plan on attacking Yargrosh, just give me a to-hit roll from whatever power you're going to use and what not. Yargrosh's stat line: AC: 22; Fort: 19; Ref: 19; Will: 12

• Options
    Valesti's going to move on in nice and close with weapons ready. She'll be the silent threat and give Alfonse a chance to do the fast-talking to hopefully convince Yargrosh to stand down. Last thing I want is for actual AC and HP to enter into this equation.

Stealth : 1d20+9=22

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Looks like the world wants to know: Is @Alfonse_Palanso ready to give this Bluff thing another shot?

• Options
    I'm ready to give the bluff thing a shot. Are the dice ready to give me a good result. ;)

• Options
    Hey everyone. I'm travelling to Denver and might not have internet to make updates. Will be back Sunday or Monday. So post up what is going to take place and I'll update after the weekend.

• Options
    Back in town. Will update tonight.

• Options
    I didn't provide an updated map since I figured there was more talking to do. If you want one, let me know.

• Options
    Alright, new plan guys : let's become warlords. This will be awesome.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Man gnolls. I'll have to think about what to say...

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    More bodies for the swarm!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everybody, just checking in to try and keep us moving. Have we made a decision on what to do with the gnolls? Are you planning to try and sweet talk your way into Lareth's area or brute force it?

• Options
    Well, I wonder if Alphonse would be the best person to "lead" them, because he's the one who convinced them of our success. Then again, it might be more fun to convince the gnolls to leave and just slog through it. I don't know.

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    I think the gnolls don't particularly care what cause they're fighting for as long as they're lead by someone strong that will lead them to victory and slaughter. So, we should use their help to murder all the bad guys in our path, split the loot with them, and hopefully get closer to our main objective in the process.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    hmm, we can allow them to follow us. We will show them how strong we are, and stamp out any possibilities that, they might try to sacrifice us instead, and give their souls to the one they worship, while we hand out justice and balance to ours.

• Options
    Paging @3seed to get his opinion on the matter. Hopefully you and your wife are feeling better and everything has calmed down!

• Options
    Hi, sorry, I'm around and have been following people's comments... I just haven't had time to think things through. Offhand, I'd say we should bring the gnolls along. If they prove to be allies (strange bedfellows and all), then we can use their help. If, on the other hand, they turn on us at an inopportune time, well... at least it will be a fun encounter. :-)

• Options
    haha, Flight is the dnd equivalent of a vacuum, making the dog-man run. Bort!

• Options
    LOL, Alfonse.

P.S. You seem to have a good rapport going with the gnolls. Keep rollin' with it.

• Options
    Yeah, I think it's time to roll out. Carve a bloody swath through the remaining bad guys, and question whatever is left afterwards.

I love NPC minions.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Looks like most of us are ready then.

• Options
    Just an FYI, my wife and I are going out of town this weekend. I probably won't be able to post till late Sunday.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok, Echoing @3seed and his question in the IC thread:

Just making sure that I understand what's going on so I can advance the story to the next step:

Yargrosh (and part of his pack?) enter the room, make their way inside a little and then signal the rest of the group and attack. If it looks like a bad setup for an attack (Lareth is having some demons over for tea or something) then they just back out.

That sound like it?

Illianthar on
  • Options
    That sounds like it to me.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Yep!

• Options
    Shall I accompany Yargosh, donning my "Eye Cloak"?

• Options
    If Alfonse wants to go, then he can definitely go. Just let me know that's what you're doing.

On a side note, coming soon will be some character specific knowledge stuff, based on backstories. Do you guys want that kind of stuff out here in the thread or PM'd?

• Options
    I'm okay with having the information here in the thread. I think we're all adult enough to firewall character actions from player knowledge. Unless someone has some secret plans that they don't anyone else to know... like maybe you're a traitor or something equally villainous. So in that case, feel free to choose the PM option. Of course then we'll all know that you have secret plans and go through your stuff while you sleep. Then we'll scribble on your face on your face in felt markers and put foot powder in your toothpaste.

J/K... I'm okay with either option. :-)

• Options
    I am okay with posting it in the thread, it will be easier to go back and find, and anyone reading along will get some good insight into the game.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Works for me.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ok with me

• Options
    Working up the map and everything right now. Hopefully I'll have the post up tonight and we can start the combat over the weekend or the beginning of next week.

• Options
    I don't mind having things here.

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif