As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Things are starting to shape up!

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Had a fortuitous day tonight, courtesy of an LS member who was kind enough to powerlevel me. I went from 1 to 14 in under an hour.

The people from Aria Company are incredibly friendly. It only makes me feel worse for dumping them for the SA group. I'm really grateful to have found people who are actually friendly in this game.

Also, airships are a step up from FFXI; buying a ticket guarantees you board the ship automatically, and it's an instant warp instead of standing around for 15 minutes while airborne.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I believe they mentioned that the instant airship thing isn't always going to be that way. At least yoshi asst one point expressed a desire to add in a xi style flight sequence.

steam_sig.png
  • seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I saw some noise about player housing in 1.21, which has me pretty excited. I just cleared the last of my story line missions in 11, so I may come back when the newest version hits.

I loved the flight sequences in 11, though I wish there had been a greater variety of quests or minigames you could have played on board. The forced downtime is good and bad. It gives you a chance to stretch, grab a drink, and it makes the world feel big. On the other hand, it's a whole bunch of potentially nothing.

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
    Man all the stuff they are adding to XI is amazing. It really makes me hope XIV goes the distance like that once they have all the base systems in place.

steam_sig.png
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Waiting to see how the character world transfer will work. Not willing to form over money at the moment. After getting 2 50s so far in starwars and starting to raid ffxiv has a way to go to get me interested again.

I'll be interested to see how the new instanced raids are handled. If they are 2 more timed dungeons with 2 bosses... Meh...

Also having killed ifrit a good 15-20 times before I left and getting 2 drops and countless runs of darkhold with maybe 10 drops vs getting something good on every raid in TOR... I dunno... Yoshi needs to turn up the heat.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    I dunno, in regards to TOR I felt pretty much the exact opposite. The flashpoints and such were just so bad. Hell the whole combat thing was pretty much bad.

After seeing how many people didn't stick around past the free period of TOR, I am at least glad to know I wasn't the only one it didnt gel with. too easy gear progression+super easy content+meh combat=eh.

Also hut ball was totally ballista, still fun though.

steam_sig.png
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Not to say tor doesn't have its issues and bugs (soa I'm looking at you)! Nothing compares to the rage I felt getting hit by ifrits floor fire vomit when i was never standing on it and ran away anyhow to be safe.

Darkhold was better implemented but I'd rather have a one week lockout on a raid with a pretty decent chance of getting useful gear than 15min lockouts and an insanely high chance of getting darkmatter or duplicate weapons that you can't pass. (Note I am aware they changed it to totems now but i cant imagine the droprate on them is so hot). Also please don't get me started on coffers.... My last night on ffxiv I coffer hunted for 4 hours... On one coffer.... 0 drops. Until more meaningful content is added to xiv its all going to be low droprate time sinks :/

I'd love for the game to suceede but more substancial content needs to be added.
    Also crafting and gathering... I admit tor is easymode on both but I refuse to ever go through the pain of getting another craft to cap in xiv. Slamming A for countless hours is just horrid.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    Haha, yeah, crafting is pretty bad. I can't stomach it much either. On the other hand, I hate crafting in TOR, too, I think I'm just not the crafting kind of guy. (Of course, having to wait about an hour and a half for a gathering mission to finish in TOR to have the chance of getting something you need to craft an item is also one of the most frustrating things on this planet, as there just isn't any alternatives as there is never any of the rare mission mats for sale. I hate you, Underworld Trading, I truly do.)

I think they'll pull off something amazing with FFXIV, they've already made huge progress and thats while sticking to the original games broken systems. I can imagine what they can do with the game once they rework it to be in a more flexible system (Have you seen FFXI lately? Oh god. So good.)

Now will enough people be around by then, will it be anything but the most niche of MMOs? This I don't know. Failed first impressions pretty much burn forever.

steam_sig.png
  • kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    I started playing this last Saturday, I have a THM at level 37 now and am having a lot of fun! This is actually one of the better MMORPGs i've played over the last few years. I'm liking how much it strikes a good balance between being a hardcore and casual MMO, even if that design is probably completely unintentional.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Yeah, I agree. There are some things about it that can be very engaging and some things that are pretty pick up and play. It is a good mix.

Wrote up my 2nd article on FFXIV, which got published today: http://www.gamingupdate.com/articles/117/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Week-2-Player-s-Perspective

I felt much more confident about this one, now that I got the introductory "semi review" portion out of the way.

Speaking of which, I also went back and revised the first article, cutting down on paragraphs (my major writing weakness....fuck!) and improving it wherever I deemed necessary. It hasn't gone live yet but I'll update as soon as it does.

Hopefully this won't be nearly as offensive to all the "FFXIV Teachers" out there. I would be interested in suggestions on what kind of topics you'd like to see covered, or if you find this case-by-case system of written articles to be acceptable.

I was also given a renewal for another 30 days, so I'll be looking forward to the next big patch.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I dunno if getting power leveled is a good way to review the game experience. Most people are going to actually play the game?

What is this I don't even.
    edited February 2012
    Even in your teens and 20s you will have various quests and storyline quests to do.

You can also do ifrit at 25 from what I recall. Also all the starting grand company stuff is low level. So are the over world monster camps kinda.

There is a good amount of low to mid level content considering. People just twink it with high level help then complain there isn't enough. I have a 20 something on wutai, we should meet up sometime and do the lowbie dungeons and such.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    I dunno if getting power leveled is a good way to review the game experience. Most people are going to actually play the game?

Not every article is "reviewing" the game, exactly. Just posting whatever I come across that would be deemed relevant or interesting.

Powerleveling is a thing 9 out of 10 MMORPGs have, so I figured there would be some interest in reading how FFXIV does it.

There will certainly be a post on regular old party leveling, once I finally get into a party.

I really want to get through the initial levels as fast as I can so I can talk about the latest additions and patches, preferably when they occur. I'm hoping I'll be ready for the big job-related patch when it hits.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    Reactivated my account, back on the Wutai server, looks like the old PA linkshell is gone. Is there a new one floating around? Character name is Siegfried Maxim, I'll be the level 30 wandering around playing like a level 1 newbie.

darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
    I have a 20 something on wutai, we should meet up sometime and do the lowbie dungeons and such.

I'm still up for this, Choco. I think I'm 26ish THM.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    i bought this game on a dare

is wutai still the place to be if I want to hook up with peeps later on

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote:

It's looking pretty dead and desolate to me (on Wutai). Played 5-6 hours and I barely saw anyone in Limsa Lominsa and every place I went to do quests (leves) was desolate except NPCs.

darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Delias wrote:
    Zoel wrote:

It's looking pretty dead and desolate to me (on Wutai). Played 5-6 hours and I barely saw anyone in Limsa Lominsa and every place I went to do quests (leves) was desolate except NPCs.

Ul'dah is the place to be.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    crwth turned me into a catgirl so i am zoel glossia

what sort of game takes last names agh oh well

e: my first impression is that the installation process is a simulation of mount ordeals.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited February 2012
    Delias wrote:
    Reactivated my account, back on the Wutai server, looks like the old PA linkshell is gone. Is there a new one floating around? Character name is Siegfried Maxim, I'll be the level 30 wandering around playing like a level 1 newbie.

I'm probably reactivating tonight, so I could try getting my LS (which I somehow stumbled upon while inquiring about the PA LS....not really sure on the specifics) to give you a pearl.

The people there are tremendously nice, which is something I value greatly in light of the previous ugliness I had in Figaro.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Anyone on Wutai that's looking for an active LS with worldwide players can get in touch with my LS:
    http://pandemoniumls.enjin.com/home

I'm Passive Fist in game, I mostly mine but if you see me give me a /wave.

B6yM5w2.gif
    How many LS's are you allowed to have?

I'm going to finally reactivate later tonight, so I'll give you a /tell.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    8, I think.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • IslandIsland Registered User regular
    Just bought the game from Walmart for 10 bucks... (gotta do something while TERA is down)... where is PA located? (Server, linkshell?)

camo_sig.png
  • JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    I think I'll hold off on trying FF14 again until the big revamp this fall where they redo the maps and the graphical engine, etc. The game still pretty much plays like it did in beta right? With the annoying color orbs of money-wasting fizzle for crafting, and a bunch of boring cookie-cutter camps for quests?

edited February 2012
    JediNight wrote: »
    I think I'll hold off on trying FF14 again until the big revamp this fall where they redo the maps and the graphical engine, etc. The game still pretty much plays like it did in beta right? With the annoying color orbs of money-wasting fizzle for crafting, and a bunch of boring cookie-cutter camps for quests?

Not really, but if you're going into it negatively you may as well not bother. You'll find reasons to dislike it.
    Island wrote: »
    Just bought the game from Walmart for 10 bucks... (gotta do something while TERA is down)... where is PA located? (Server, linkshell?)

Wutai server.. dunno what linkshell. I usually putz around alone, I should fix that.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Shouldn't there be a pretty substantial patch some time soon? I thought before the end of February.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Dev trackers seems to indicate that Yoshi-P passed his next Letter from the Director to the translator today.

• YeltaYelta Registered User regular
    Yes, new producers letter very soon and the 1.21 patch should be available the 2nd week in March, I think they said somewhere from the 6-9th timeframe.

I can not wait to play White Mage ^^

Not really, but if you're going into it negatively you may as well not bother. You'll find reasons to dislike it.

So they've redesigned part of the maps already then to break up the cookie-cutter feel or not? My biggest gripe with the game was that it felt sterile and dead. It wasn't a world that people lived in. It was like a nature preserve with a handful of camps stamped out onto the map in the wilderness.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I believe they are still working on that part.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »

So they've redesigned part of the maps already then to break up the cookie-cutter feel or not? My biggest gripe with the game was that it felt sterile and dead. It wasn't a world that people lived in. It was like a nature preserve with a handful of camps stamped out onto the map in the wilderness.

Yes, it's still like that at its heart, to answer your question. Still leve's grind, and camps.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    I believe they are still working on that part.

Well yes, hence why I said before I think I'll wait for the map redesigns where presumably that won't be the case anymore :)

Thanks for the heads up though for those sticking it out atm.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    People have commented on the game vastly improving since release. Google is failing me on "FFXIV free trial" and just returning articles about extending the Free period while they were "fixing" it. I did see an article where they started billing again as of January. Is there a free trial available (i.e. 7 days, 10 days, etc.)?

Nope, there were free trials in the collector editions, but I suspect those are long gone. Mine is anyway.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Nope, there were free trials in the collector editions, but I suspect those are long gone. Mine is anyway.

Thanks. Looks like I won't be checking it out again then.

• YeltaYelta Registered User regular
    There will be a free trial period after 2.0 comes out. Those people who were seriously unhappy with the game probably shouldn't bother checking it out again until then anyway.

Also, a week to go till White Mage!!! Can you tell I am excited?

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    am0n wrote: »
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Thanks. Looks like I won't be checking it out again then.

@am0n: I might still have my guest pass floating around from my CE if you're interested, not sure if they still work though.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Awesome (patch notes for 1.21)
    Event
    [dev1060] Seven new multi-quest storylines have been added, each pertaining to the acquisition of a unique job. Conditions for starting these storylines are listed in the following chart. For more information on jobs, see the Combat section located further below in the patch notes.

Job Quest NPC Location Conditions
    Paladin Paladin's Pledge Lulutsu Ul'dah Merchant Strip
    Gladiators’ Guild (5,5) Gladiator, Level 30 &
    Conjurer, Level 15
    Monk Brother from Another Mother Gagaruna Ul'dah Merchant Strip
    Gladiators’ Guild (5,4) Pugilist, Level 30 &
    Lancer, Level 15
    Warrior Pride and Duty (Will Take You from the Mountain) Neale Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks
    Marauders’ Guild (4,7) Marauder, Level 30 &
    Gladiator, Level 15
    Dragoon Eye of the Dragon Haurtefert Gridania
    Lancers’ Guild (8,2) Lancer, Level 30 &
    Pugilist, Level 15
    Bard A Song of Bards and Bowmen Georjeaux Gridania
    Archers’ Guild (8,5) Archer Level 30 &
    Conjurer, Level 15
    White Mage Seeds of Initiative Soileine Gridania
    Conjurers’ Guild (2,1) Conjurer, Level 30 &
    Gladiator, Level 15
    Black Mage Hearing Voices Yayake Ul'dah Merchant Strip
    Thaumaturges’ Guild (4,5) Thaumaturge, Level 30 &
    Pugilist, Level 15
    Currently, each storyline consists of six individual quests. These quests must be completed in order, and will require players to meet certain conditions before they are made available.
    * Experience point rewards for job quest completion will be added to the corresponding job’s base class.
    * Job quests cannot be abandoned.
    * The first quest in each storyline must be completed using the first class listed in the conditions. The remaining quests must all be completed using the corresponding job.

The following is a list of all the quests in each storyline:

≪Paladin≫

Quest NPC Location
    Honor Lost Jenlyns Ul'dah Hustings Strip (6,5)
    Power Struggles Jenlyns Ul'dah Hustings Strip (6,5)
    Poisoned Hearts Jenlyns Ul'dah Hustings Strip (6,5)
    Parley on High Ground Jenlyns Ul'dah Hustings Strip (6,5)
    Keeping the Oath Jenlyns Ul'dah Hustings Strip (6,5)
    ≪Monk≫

Quest NPC Location
    Insulted Intelligence Erik Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,3)
    The Pursuit of Power Erik Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,3)
    Good Vibrations Erik Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,3)
    Five Easy Pieces Widargelt Eastern Thanalan (38,31)
    Return of the King...of Ruin Erik Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,3)
    ≪Warrior≫

Quest NPC Location
    Embracing the Beast Curious Gorge Western Thanalan (15,33)
    Curious Gorge Goes to the Bazaar Curious Gorge Western Thanalan (15,33)
    Looking the Part Curious Gorge Western Thanalan (15,33)
    Proof is in the Pudding Curious Gorge Western Thanalan (15,33)
    How to Quit You Curious Gorge Western Thanalan (15,33)
    ≪Dragoon≫

Quest NPC Location
    Lance of Fury Alberic Coerthas Central Highlands (35,18)
    Unfading Scars Alberic Coerthas Central Highlands (35,18)
    Double Dragoon Alberic Coerthas Central Highlands (35,18)
    Fatal Seduction Alberic Coerthas Central Highlands (35,18)
    Into the Dragon's Maw Alberic Coerthas Central Highlands (35,18)
    ≪Bard≫

Quest NPC Location
    The Archer's Anthem Jehantel South Shroud (38,48)
    Bard's-Eye View Jehantel South Shroud (38,48)
    Doing It the Bard Way Jehantel South Shroud (38,48)
    Pieces of the Past Jehantel South Shroud (38,48)
    Requiem for the Fallen Jehantel South Shroud (38,48)
    ≪White Mage≫

Quest NPC Location
    When Sheep Attack Raya-O-Senna North Shroud (15,22)
    Lost in Rage Raya-O-Senna North Shroud (15,22)
    The Wheel of Disaster Raya-O-Senna North Shroud (15,22)
    In Search of Succor Raya-O-Senna North Shroud (15,22)
    The Chorus of Cataclysm Raya-O-Senna North Shroud (15,22)
    ≪Black Mage≫

Quest NPC Location
    A Time to Kill Lalai Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,6)
    International Relations Lalai Ul'dah Merchant Strip (7,6)
    The Voidgate Breathes Gloomy Dozol Meloc Western Thanalan (11,28)
    Gearing Up 269th Order
    Mendicant Da Za Western Thanalan (11,28)
    Always Bet on Black 269th Order
    Mendicant Da Za Western Thanalan (11,28)

[dev1001][dev1002] The following sidequests have been added:

Quest Title NPC Location
    What Glitters Always Isn't Gold Leleyo Coerthas Central Highlands (36,25)
    A Light in the Dark Sibold Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,4)
    The Ink Thief Mytesyn Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,4)
    Waste Not Want Not V'korolon Gridania (6,6)
    Ring of Deceit Otopa Pottopa Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,4)

[dev1212] The following instanced raids have been added:

The Aurum Vale Cutter’s Cry
    Class/Level Disciples of War or Magic
    Lv. 45 and Above Disciples of War or Magic
    Lv. 45 and Above
    Party Size Full Parties of 8 Full Parties of 8
    Time Limit 60 Minutes 60 Minutes
    Wait for Reentry
    (after clearing) 15 Minutes 15 Minutes
    Wait for Reentry
    (after failure) 5 Minutes 5 Minutes
    Location Ever Lakes
    Coerthas Central Lowlands Blue Fog
    Northern Thanalan
    Other Conditions Completed any one of the three “Into the Dark” Grand Company quests. None
    * Players who leave the area voluntarily, whether via magic or on foot, will be required to wait 15 minutes before they are permitted reentry.
    * Players need not have accepted the aforementioned quests “A Light in the Dark” and “What Glitters Always Isn’t Gold” to enter the instanced raids.

[dev1303] A new type of supply/provisioning mission known as “expeditionary missions” is now available to Grand Company members. These tasks involve traveling to certain contested areas and retrieving specific items in exchange for company seals.

The following are lists of items and their rewards:
    The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak
    Rank Requirement: Private Second Class or higher

Item Seals
    Torturer's Monocle 200
    Warden's Barbut 200
    Brigand's Acton 200
    Torturer's Duckbills 200
    Warden's Gauntlets 200
    Brigand's Gloves 200
    Warden's Dagger 250
    Charred Axe 250
    Joukil's Guile 250
    Tidesplitter 250
    Poacher's Hat 250
    Ascetic's Tights 250
    Ascetic's Halfrobe 250
    Poacher's Tunic 250
    Unbreakable Knuckles 300
    Tenfinger Tallstaff 300
    Heart of House d'Arlendre 250
    Waning Sun Pelta 250

Dzemael Darkhold
    Rank Requirement: Corporal or higher

Item Seals
    Warlock's Pattens 600
    Bladedancer's Jackboots 600
    Revolutionary's Bliaud 700
    Solid Scale Mail 800
    Warlock's Buckler 750
    Alpine War Jacket 750
    Verdant Hora 1,500
    Astaroth Cane 1,500
    Canopus Shield 1,500
    Canopus Bill 1,500
    Helm of the Lone Knight 1,500
    Mitts of the Lone Knight 1,500
    Claret Coif 1,500
    Claret Breeches 1,500
    Templar's Falchion 1,600
    Verdant Shortbow 1,600
    Verdant Scepter 1,500
    Canopus Guisarme 1,500

Notorious Monsters
    Rank Requirement: Private Second Class or higher

Item Seals
    Howling Talons 120
    Bow of Owls 120
    Crimson Tide 120
    Nighthawk Visor 120
    Thalassian Targe 120
    Eternal Shade 120
    Taurus Staff 200
    Divining Hat 200
    Flametongue 200
    Shield of the Savage 200
    Kple Kple 200
    Elmlord's Tusk 200
    Loyalist's Bliaud 200
    Frostbite 250
    Fists of the Sixth Sun 250
    Boar's Bane 250
    Anathema 250
    Bloodcry 250
    Kokoroon's Nestpicker 250
    Shellsplitter 250
    Seer's Cowl 250
    Conquistador Elmo 250
    Penance 250
    Paladin's Trousers 250
    Engineer's Leggings 250
    Kokoroon's Darkshell Mail 250
    Venerer's Bracers 250

[dev1304] The following changes have been made to supply and provisioning missions:
    28 hours (Earth time) after the quota for an item is met, a second request for the same item will now be issued by the Grand Companies.
    * If the second request is set to come less than 10 minutes before the official renewal of the request list, it will not be issued.

Requests for the following items have been changed:

Before After
    Item Normal +1 Item Normal +1
    Gui 5 8 → Gui 9 14
    Smothering Powder 6 9 → Smothering Potion 5 8
    Breathing Salts 6 9 → Lung Drops 5 8
    Disabling Powder 6 9 → Blinding Potion 3 5
    Reanimating Salts 6 9 → Heart Drops 6 9

The rewards for the following items have been adjusted:

Item Before After
    Normal +1 Normal +1
    Mandrake 5 8 → 6 9
    Rothlyt Oyster 3 5 → 2 3
    Box Turtle 3 5 → 2 3
    Haraldr Haddock 5 8 → 3 5
    Crimson Crayfish 5 8 → 2 3
    Black Sole 5 8 → 3 5
    Velodyna Carp 5 8 → 3 5
    Potion 3 5 → 2 3
    Paralyzing Potion 5 8 → 6 9
    Ether 5 8 → 2 3
    Disabling Potion 6 9 → 5 8
    Growth Formula Gama 5 8 → 6 9
    Meat Miq'abob 3 5 → 2 3
    Eel Pie 3 5 → 2 3
    * In conjunction with these changes, the quotas have also been adjusted.
    [dev1305] The following changes have been made to Guild Tasks:
    Rewards have been adjusted
    Requests for the following items have been changed:
    Alchemists’ Guild
    Blinding Powder -> Dawn Drops
    Illuminating Salts -> Eye Drops
    Cornmeal -> Potion
    Sunset Wheat Flour -> Ether
    Lavender Oil -> Potion of Piety
    Fishermen’s Guild
    Dart Frog -> Coral Butterfly
    The display names of Grand Company NPCs have been revised to incorporate a simplified version of their rank.
    Ex.) Guincum -> Storm Lieutenant Guincum
    [dev1306] Equippable chocobo gear known as ‘barding’ is now available for purchase at Grand Company headquarters to all players ranked Sergeant Third Class or higher. Barding can be equipped at any chocobo stable.
    * Barding does not, at this time, affect a chocobo in any way aside from changing its appearance.
    * Barding cannot be lost, damaged, or discarded.

[dev1307] The Grand Companies of Eorzea have introduced the “aetherial transport network” to make travel within city-states quicker and more convenient. To make use of the network, players must first purchase an “aetherpass” available at Grand Company headquarters for members ranked Private First Class and higher.

The following is a list of locations accessible via the network:
    Limsa Lominsa

Location NPC Coordinates
    Aetheryte Plaza Storm Private Gardner Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,6)
    Drowning Wench Storm Private Rich Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
    The Bismarck Storm Private Potter Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,3)
    Ferry Docks Storm Private Hunt Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (4,5)
    Fisherman's Bottom Storm Private Abel Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (5,6)
    The Octant Storm Private Stone Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (6,4)
    Procession of Terns Storm Private Holt Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (9,5)
    Zephyr Gate(*) - Lower La Noscea (25,31)
    * Destination is outside the city. As no NPC is stationed here, teleportation is one-way only.

Gridania

Location NPC Coordinates
    Aetheryte Plaza Serpent Private White Gridania (5,4)
    Carline Canopy Serpent Private Hill Gridania (7,6)
    Atelier Fen-Yll Serpent Private Carver Gridania (6,4)
    The Whistling Miller Serpent Private Stone Gridania (5,3)
    Quiver's Hold Serpent Private Holmes Gridania (8,5)
    Wailing Barracks Serpent Private Kirk Gridania (7,2)
    Mistalle Bridges(*) - Central Shroud (34,28)
    Berlends Bridges(*) - Central Shroud (29,27)
    * Destination is outside the city. As no NPC is stationed here, teleportation is one-way only.

Ul'dah

Location NPC Coordinates
    Aetheryte Plaza Flame Private Newton Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,3)
    Quicksand Flame Private Tanner Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,3)
    Frondale's Phrontistery Flame Private Morning Ul'dah Hustings Strip (5,5)
    Onyx Lane Flame Private Covey Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,6)
    Gold Court Flame Private Allen Ul'dah Merchant Strip (5,5)
    Arrzaneth Ossuary Flame Private Yar Ul'dah Merchant Strip (4,5)
    Gate of Nald(*) - Central Thanalan (26,29)
    Gate of Thal(*) - Central Thanalan (28,32)
    [dev1301] Inn rooms, private areas for the use of players, have been added.
    In each city, players are able to use an inn room after completing a quest issued by the NPC manning the front desk of the inn. Players must first complete one of Treasures of the Main, Souls Gone Wild, or Court in the Sands main quests in order to accept the following inn quests.
    The Ink Thief (Limsa Lominsa)
    Waste Not Want Not (Gridania)
    Ring of Deceit (Ul'dah)
    * Synthesis, repairs, and materia melding cannot be performed inside private rooms.

≪Inn Functions≫
    Replay event scenes
    In the inn, players may access a compendium called The Unending Journey which contains a list of completed quests. They can also select and replay event scenes from this list.

Rested Bonus
    When player characters enter an inn, they go into “resting mode,” accumulating a rested bonus as time passes. Even after players have logged out, the rested bonus continues to accumulate up to a maximum limit.

When player characters are sufficiently rested, experience points earned through combat, synthesis, and gathering are increased by 50%.

Players continue to benefit from the rested experience points boost until a certain amount of experience points have been earned. The time remaining on the rested bonus is indicated by the experience bar.
    Green area: When the acquired experience points are within the green area, the experience point bonus continues to be applied.

Red area: If the green area exceeds the upper limit of the experience gauge, then the area turns red. This indicates that the rested bonus continues beyond the current level, at which point the upper limit is reset.

* When playing with a level 50 class, the rested bonus does not decrease.
    * The bonus does not apply to experience points received as part of quest rewards or for completing levequests.

[dev1308] Guardian’s Aspect has been abolished, and the following changes made to experience points obtained during levequests:
    Regional (battlecraft) Leves & Faction Leves
    EXP earned from slaying targets has been increased, as have EXP bonuses rewarded upon levequest completion. These bonuses are now comparable to those awarded when invoking a Guardian’s Aspect.
    Regional (fieldcraft) Leves
    EXP earned from harvesting items has been increased, as have EXP bonuses rewarded upon levequest completion. As with battlecraft leves, these bonuses are now comparable to those awarded when invoking a Guardian’s Aspect.
    Company Leves
    EXP bonuses rewarded upon levequest completion have been increased.
    [dev1309] Changes have been made to several existing quests.
    EXP rewards for the following quests have changed:
    Clasping to Hope, Traumaturgy, Till Death Do Us Part, A Knock in the Night, An Inconvenient Dodo
    The recipe used in the class quest “Sleep, Cousin of Death” has been changed.

Item Recipe Before Recipe After
    Potent Medication Mummified Mole
    Illuminating Salts → Mummified Mole
    Eye Drops

EXP rewarded upon completion of class quests will now be added to the corresponding class’s total.
    For example, EXP earned upon completing a gladiator class quest played as a pugilist will be added to the gladiator EXP bar.
    [dev1242][dev1244] The completion rewards for several regional levequests have been adjusted.

[dev1311] Guild marks can now be exchanged for various items or gil. A full list of items available for exchange can be found here.
    * The current exchange rate is 4 gil per mark.
    * Guild marks can no longer be earned through quests and will be completely abolished as of version 2.0.

[dev1312] The following NPCs have been added:
    Momoroon (Limsa Lominsa)
    Gagaroon (Gridania)
    Lalaroon (Ul’dah)