As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Sorry, I've got another question. While I'm waiting for NCSoft to verify that I really am the owner of my account, I want to download the entire game without streaming. I'm running Windows 7, so I opened up the program files folder where GW is installed, and added -image to the name, but it didn't seem to do anything. Can someone explain the process in a little more detail?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Add -image to a shortcut pointing to gw.exe and run it.

• MaouMaou Registered User regular

meh...
    so i have beaten winds of change.
    time to quit the game and wait for GW2.

But what about Elona?

(Personally I hate Afflicted so Winds of Change was just uuuuuuuuuuuuugh)

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Is anyone here interested in doing any of the following for mutual benefit, this weekend: Sorrow's Furnace, Nightfall/Factions Masters, Nightfall Vanquishes?

I'm totally down for joining in for Factions "masters". I need everything form Eternal Grove forward. IGN is Zora Kangafou.

Edit: corrected spelling

Stupid on

26904.png
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Stupid wrote:
    Is anyone here interested in doing any of the following for mutual benefit, this weekend: Sorrow's Furnace, Nightfall/Factions Masters, Nightfall Vanquishes?

I'm totally down for joining in for Factions "masters". I need everything form Eternal Grove forward. IGN is Zora Kangafu.

Well, herpdederp, I actually looked it up, and the ones I haven't done are the tutorial early ones and foreign quarter. Soooo, if you want to help me with foreign quarter (I assume we'd both queue up with our own hero parties, since its a 2 party scenario), I'll go through some of the later ones I've already done, again, with you. Dunno about Shiro though. I got carried to master on that one. Otherwise, though, no problem.

I'm having trouble finding that name. So whenever you are on, message me. My character is Divia Augusta.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    shiro is easy, you just need 3 knockdowns, earthbind, and a bunch of direct damage.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I used to always need a group to take down Shiro. Then I recently went and used the current hero metabuild that uses 2Mes/2Rit/2Nec/whatever + you.
    He was down in 15 seconds :(

yea, that works too, but since i know that i'm only fighting him in that missions, and not having to trudge through a lot of tough mobs, i brought bars specifically designed just to shut him down that wasn't focused on hexes.

I got the master with 2 players and 6 henchmen. They all use their celestial skill and then I cast insidious parasite on him and he blew himself up.

1208768734831.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm trying to finish off my canthan cartographer title, would anyone be available to come get banished by shiro with me sometime?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Well, I got tired of waiting (I even sent them a "Hey, what gives?" email), so I just bought the 3-pack combo. Other than some possible birthday presents, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything useful on the old account.

So character name is Albern Ironbound, can I get an invite to the Hotsteppers? Do I need to be in game at the time? I decided to go prophecies for the warrior, and nightfall for the monk. For the warrior, since I'm stuck with that secondary for a while, any recommendations? I was thinking ranger just for the troll urgent/apply poison plus axe warrior.

Last question: I added the "-image" to the shortcut; it reads "Guild Wars-image" but I still need to download something each time I get to a new area. I thought I would be able to just download the whole game by doing that.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Last question: I added the "-image" to the shortcut; it reads "Guild Wars-image" but I still need to download something each time I get to a new area. I thought I would be able to just download the whole game by doing that.

Put a space between the -image and the executable name.

26904.png
    Z1bRQ.jpg

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Well, I got tired of waiting (I even sent them a "Hey, what gives?" email), so I just bought the 3-pack combo. Other than some possible birthday presents, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything useful on the old account.

So character name is Albern Ironbound, can I get an invite to the Hotsteppers? Do I need to be in game at the time? I decided to go prophecies for the warrior, and nightfall for the monk. For the warrior, since I'm stuck with that secondary for a while, any recommendations? I was thinking ranger just for the troll urgent/apply poison plus axe warrior.

I went ahead and threw you an invite - sorry, would have gotten it sooner but it's been a busy week. You don't have to be in game when I send you the invite.

Thanks! That's funny because I just logged off a few seconds ago. Again thanks to Xagar for the screenshot. I never would've figured it out otherwise.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Would anyone be up for a run through The Deep or Urgoz's Warren anytime?

• UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Yo guys, Geod'll know me, I'm back. Moved house, couldn't afford internet. Using my phone internet plugged into the computer these days. It's terribly slow but I figure I might as well give playing another shot. Still got me some Hall of Monument things to work on of course.

Fantastic
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Flay wrote:
    My wife and I have been looking to do this at some point. She plays an Assassin's Promise or Fire build ele, and I play an SoS Rit or Soul Twisting Defense Spirits Rit.

• RookRook Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    Flay wrote:
    My wife and I have been looking to do this at some point. She plays an Assassin's Promise or Fire build ele, and I play an SoS Rit or Soul Twisting Defense Spirits Rit.

I did this last night with just heroes and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I used this build from gwpvx. I'm sure it'd be even easier with 2-3 players and the extra heroes you could bring along. The only change I made was bringing By Ural's Hammer! which made Urgoz easy to kill and helped in a couple of accidental near wipes...

Rook wrote:
    Entriech wrote:
    Flay wrote:

I did this last night with just heroes and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I used this build from gwpvx. I'm sure it'd be even easier with 2-3 players and the extra heroes you could bring along. The only change I made was bringing By Ural's Hammer! which made Urgoz easy to kill and helped in a couple of accidental near wipes...

That's good to know. I've been dicking around with the Domain of Anguish with my hero group, just to see how doable it is. So far only the Foundry is presenting any resistance, but I think that's just a hero control issue moreso than anything else. Mallyx may be another story entirely, but we'll see.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Looks like my normal play partner will be gone all weekend, thus I will have time to do something out of the norm for me.

Perhaps some GW1! I'll see if I can log in tonight after I finish my class work and maybe we can do these. Done them once before (Urgoz/Deep) and I am willing to help out if needed. I believe my Rt can get to these, but my Sin has been logged at Deep for some time so he is EXTRA ready to go.

edited February 2012
    i'm interested in urgoz, or the deep.

was the urgoz heroway pretty easy to pull off? i might just do that. gw name is in sig, i'm not on until after 8pm PST usually.

Feldorn on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    If we can decide on something early, it would be better for me to figure out my evening plans.

• RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Entriech wrote:
    That's good to know. I've been dicking around with the Domain of Anguish with my hero group, just to see how doable it is. So far only the Foundry is presenting any resistance, but I think that's just a hero control issue moreso than anything else. Mallyx may be another story entirely, but we'll see.
    Yeah, I tried to heroway DoA and just couldn't do Ravenheart Gloom or Foundry, so if you're doing that ok, then this should be a cinch. Just make sure you carry a res for just in case moments. By Urals Hammer really does make Killing Urgoz and unexpected wipes a lot easier.
    Feldorn wrote:
    i'm interested in urgoz, or the deep.

was the urgoz heroway pretty easy to pull off? i might just do that. gw name is in sig, i'm not on until after 8pm PST usually.

I was really surprised how easy it was. I've done Urgoz before HoM came out, and found this easier than the full human groups I was rolling with. It's more of an exercise in patient pulling and following instructions than anything else. There's a couple of places where you have to leave someone outside or you'll trigger a million enemies to spawn, or a room will lock on you.

I think my run took a bit over 2 hours, I was pretty slow though as half the time I had my nose in a wiki,

Rook on
    @rook i've been there twice with human groups, that being 5 people and 7 heroes, and it took a long time and we always wiped right before Urgoz's room >:(

also, i'm interested in trapping the Zaishen Elite for balth faction, any of you interested?

i'm in the reddit guild right now, so if you are, just /w me. or post here and i can check when i am ready to do it.

edited February 2012
    We should set a specific time for an Urgoz/Deep, I'd really like to join in.

I'm off GW now but I'll be back later.

Flay on
    I found a Fellblade yesterday, requisite 9 swordsmanship but only 15-21 damage. Still, is this worth anything? Argos suggests it is, but I'm not sure if that's only for perfect stats.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Its not max damage so sell it to the merchant for however much gold its worth.

The only things that are worth something when they dont have max stats are shields with 15 armour that require 7 of an attribute.

edited February 2012
    Oh okay.

REG, what's your Guild Wars name?

Flay on
    I'm looking to acquire common minis. I will take or buy any anyone here still has some available.

1208768734831.jpg
    Finally hit 50 minis. That's another point for the HoM. Once I get my tormented shield in there, I'll be up to 37. Filling this thing out is sort of addictive.

Vengeful Was Ryske is my IC name.

Aw yeah. 1 more mini, 1 more prestige armor, 3k lightbringer and 20k ebon vanguard (or a dungeon statue), and I'm set.

I don't suppose anyone has a devourer or hydra year one mini lying around?

1208768734831.jpg
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Aw yeah. 1 more mini, 1 more prestige armor, 3k lightbringer and 20k ebon vanguard (or a dungeon statue), and I'm set.

I don't suppose anyone has a devourer or hydra year one mini lying around?

I actually have an extra hydra mini in my inventory. PM your in game info and I'll happily set up a time to hand it to you. My main is Ambrose Dartrime.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    There's a very good chance I'll have enough marks to buy an oppressor weapon I do not need. If anyone needs another weapon to fill out a hall of monument slot, let me know.

1208768734831.jpg
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I havent even started on my weapons, i should get around to that.

edited February 2012
    hmm, I'll definitely have an oppressor weapon, confessor's orders, and war supplies left over. I don't want them to go to waste, so they are available to anyone who honestly needs them to fill out their hall. Selling them is pointless, as I'm stopping at 30 points.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    25 HoM points. I can see myself getting to 27 with a bit of work, then I hit that barrier of having to grind madly for everything.

Currently working on: Finishing Factions and getting Kurzick armour for my Rit.

In future: Vabbian armour, unique mini, Norn set of armour+ title for my Dervish, then Lightbringer\Sunspear farming. Not looking forward to any of those really.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Unlucky wrote:
    25 HoM points. I can see myself getting to 27 with a bit of work, then I hit that barrier of having to grind madly for everything.

Currently working on: Finishing Factions and getting Kurzick armour for my Rit.

In future: Vabbian armour, unique mini, Norn set of armour+ title for my Dervish, then Lightbringer\Sunspear farming. Not looking forward to any of those really.

14 myself...hit like 6 pts in quick succession.

Lightbringer should be pretty easy to max. I'm at 7 and have never grinded it (only 8 ranks), only did the Nightfall campaign and it naturally worked itself up to that.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic