As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Girl Attempts to Become Munkus, Succeeds

Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of KafiristanRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
So, Chuck Palanuick wasn't lying.
(WCCO) Minneapolis A 6-year-old Edina, Minn. girl has been hospitalized after a horrific accident at a swimming pool.

Good to know.

Penguin Incarnate on

• Teh ErickaTeh Ericka Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just re-read Survivor last week. It is such a good book, you know.

Teh Ericka on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail has big brown eye

yup

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This was discussed already in some thread

I forget which one

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Six wrote: »

yup

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahAHAHAHAhahaha

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man that sucks.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wanted to read Guts for speech competition on year and my coach wouldn't let me.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What other Palahniuk books should I read?

I've read:
    Fight Club, Survivor, Choke, and Invisible Monsters

<3 on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Six wrote: »

yup

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahAHAHAHAhahaha

Xaquin on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life and will have to have a colostomy bag.
    D:

Prof. Awesome on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Survivor is, in my opinion, the only novel of truly literary worth that Palahniuk has turned out.

Choke was close.

All-in-all, the guy is more or less just a wildly overrated fellow churning out the dude version of chick-lit.

naporeon on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not very thrilled about this thread.

I've been having pooping problems the past couple of days.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."

-William Buehler Seabrook

laughingfuzzball on
    edited July 2007
    You guys get it... I said that that sucks and this girl had her intestines sucked out! I'm brilliant.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ahahahahahaahahahaaha oh god yes
    I saw this on a WCCO billboard on the freeway last night

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh what the fuck

D:

Green on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what other horrible things can we talk about

Eye popping!

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    guh-ross

Orikaeshigitae on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    nah, not worth it

Green on
    edited July 2007
    nothing is nsfw anymore, apparently

Orikaeshigitae on
  • DranoDrano __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    i heard this same story in middle school.
    i thought it was one of those urban legends.

Drano on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't really care for Chuck Palahniuk. After a while all his books start to sound the same, and the main characters are always such complete douchbags.

Bloods End on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    I'm not very thrilled about this thread.

I've been having pooping problems the past couple of days.
    And now you know how to fix that problem.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    IV feeding for the rest of her life.

Weight loss solution for the desperate?

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have. The steak was slightly tougher than prime veal, a little stringy, but not too tough or stringy to be agreeably edible. The roast, from which I cut and ate a central slice, was tender, and in color, texture, smell as well as taste, strengthened my certainty that of all the meats we habitually know, veal is the one meat to which this meat is accurately comparable."

...what?

TheySlashThem on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Abigail will have to be fed intravenously for the rest of her life and will have to have a colostomy bag.
    D:

Very very D:

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited July 2007
    Way to bring the party down, guys.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

...what?

What impressions do you get from the quote about the subject at hand? the author? anything in general?

laughingfuzzball on
    edited July 2007
    Buehler?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why did munkus need a colostomy bag again? I forgot.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

...what?

What impressions do you get from the quote about the subject at hand? the author? anything in general?

He... he likes young cows??

Also, Butters, what the FUCK is in your sig? It frightens me.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    that quote is about cannibalism

Orikaeshigitae on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Kate's hoof

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, about 10 years ago 20/20 did a story on this very issue, the pool drains ripping people to shit (no pun intended). Every time I went in the pool after that for about 6 months I stayed way the fuck away from those things. Damn I was frightened they were gonna chew me up. The question remains, how do people get their asses so close to those drains? I mean, I don't normally sit on the deep end of the pool with my drawers off.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    yo, that's friggin sick

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Oh man, about 10 years ago 20/20 did a story on this very issue, the pool drains ripping people to shit (no pun intended). Every time I went in the pool after that for about 6 months I stayed way the fuck away from those things. Damn I was frightened they were gonna chew me up. The question remains, how do people get their asses so close to those drains? I mean, I don't normally sit on the deep end of the pool with my drawers off.

You obviously haven't truly lived then.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My dad and a bunch of friends in college suggested they name their new cafeteria "Jeffery Dahmer Cafeteria"

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wow the golf club is so getting sued for this.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

...what?

He... he likes young cows??

Yeah, I think he likes good, fully-developed veal. And now I'm fucking hungry, thanks a lot, Mister Veal Freak.

Defender on
  • Angry WeathermanAngry Weatherman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Survivor is, in my opinion, the only novel of truly literary worth that Palahniuk has turned out.

Choke was close.

All-in-all, the guy is more or less just a wildly overrated fellow churning out the dude version of chick-lit.

people dont read palahniuk for literary value, silly, they read it to look trendy to dumb people

duh

Angry Weatherman on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »

Choke was close.

people dont read palahniuk for literary value, silly, they read it to look trendy to dumb people

duh

Fight Club was pretty cool. I enjoyed that movie, and then I read the book, and I enjoyed the book.

Defender on