As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Who yah gonna call? XMG! (Ghostbusters Party at PAX, April 7, 9:30pm - 1:30am)

XMGXMG Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in PAX Archive
Hello fellow PAXites… PAXians?… People going to PAX.

We (XMG Studio) are an independent mobile game development company who are making our first voyage into the gaming sea that is PAX East 2012.
We’re really pumped about meeting as many people as we can and thought it might be best to host a social gathering of sorts. We’ve booked out MJ O’Connor’s (the Park Plaza location near some of the hotels) for Saturday night from 9:30pm to 1:30am.
Swing by our booth (#134) and grab a wrist-band to get in since there’s a limited space.
Since we will be showcasing our new Ghostbusters game (currently in development), we will be pushing the party to be Ghostbusters themed. So far we’re getting the bar to do specialized cocktails and shots, will be bringing our cosplaying staff along and setting up some posters in relation to the game.
Let me know here if you’ve got any suggestions for making the party more fun, we’re really looking forward to meeting everyone in the gaming community down there!

Cheers!

Mark “Mark Simon” Simon
XMG Studio

XMG on

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hey, just a small note for your sanity... There is two MJ O'Connor's in Boston, so you might want to include the full address :)

From how you described it (as not on top of the convention center) it's probably 27 Columbus Avenue, Boston, MA :)

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Could you please update the topic of this thread that this is for an event plus the date and time?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • XMGXMG Registered User regular
    Thanks guys!
    Yes, thanks Kiashien, it is at the Park Plaza location of MJ O'Connor's and you were correct with the address being 27 Columbus Ave., Boston, MA.
    Also, I've added the content, date and time to the thread title in parenthesis. Does that work SmallLady?

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Excellent, thank you :)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    how convenient! I'm staying at the park plaza, and i love me some Ghostbusters..

Question, though. is it 21+?

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    This is awesome.

Unfortunately it is in a bar, and as such all the nighttime bar rules apply. I could try to talk to them and perhaps book a section off for anyone under 21, but I can't make any promises as of right now. Check back in on here later or swing by our booth on Friday or Saturday and we'll let you know what's going on.

Also, yes... This *is* awesome.

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Soooo have to make sure I get a wrist band

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    xenard wrote:
    Soooo have to make sure I get a wrist band

Second that! My husband and I are staying at the Park Plaza. Talk about convenient!

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    XMG wrote:
    I could try to talk to them and perhaps book a section off for anyone under 21, but I can't make any promises as of right now.

Just to warn you, that's probably impossible due to Boston zoning ordinances and whatnot, but who knows. I just didn't want any younguns to get their hopes up too high :)

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Yeah, I just received confirmation that the venue is definitely 21 plus and all attendees need to have a valid U.S. driver's license, passport or military i.d. (they will be checking at the door). So, sorry to the under 21 crowd. But, if you swing by our booth we'll see if we can hook you up with some cool swag instead!

On a more positive note, we're in the final stages of working out specialized Ghostbusters drinks for the evening, so speak now if you have any specific cocktail or shot suggestions!

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    XMG wrote:
    On a more positive note, we're in the final stages of working out specialized Ghostbusters drinks for the evening, so speak now if you have any specific cocktail or shot suggestions!

if you could do an ecto-cooler hi-c based cocktail, that would be amazing.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Hummm, it seems the ecto-cooler (as one of its aliases) was discontinued back in 2007. The guys from Ghostbusters Chicago division seem to have made a home-made version that is pretty close but I'm not sure the bar will be cool with manufacturing their own drink mix. This may require extensive testing on my end. Darn. :)

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote:
    XMG wrote:
    I could try to talk to them and perhaps book a section off for anyone under 21, but I can't make any promises as of right now.

Just to warn you, that's probably impossible due to Boston zoning ordinances and whatnot, but who knows. I just didn't want any younguns to get their hopes up too high :)

it's actually not that hard. We had a decent group come in and the restaurant allowed us to have 20 and under as long as the 21+ didn't drink. It was a happy compromise :] I think it mostly depends on how you to talk to manager and their mood.

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, this is actually in the Park Plaza? I am staying there, so I just might go to this.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Yup, I'm not sure if it's actually 'in' the same building or immediately next to the hotel, but either way we're in very close proximity to accommodations.

XMG wrote:
    Yup, I'm not sure if it's actually 'in' the same building or immediately next to the hotel, but either way we're in very close proximity to accommodations.

It's adjacent to the Park Plaza Hotel. :)

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    You may want to connect with these guys, they've been at PAX East both years. http://ghostbustersnh.com

Thanks for the tip Macro, I've emailed them to see if they'll come in costume to the party. They're pretty legit!

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Hey guys! Fun party idea! Will there be a cover or a cash bar? Looking forward to hearing more details. :)

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Ghostbusters of NHGhostbusters of NH Registered User regular
    You know we're looking forward to it!!!!

Unfortunately it will be cash bar (we're a small studio and the tab could get out of hand pretty quickly), but there is no cover. You will need to get a wristband ahead of time from someone at our booth (#134) and you're in! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Awesome! Just wanted to know what to bring. See you there! :mrgreen:

Who is going to PAX South?
    edited February 2012
    After a night of painstaking "research", we have a couple candidates for specialized drink choices:
    1) The Slimer:
    Orange juice, blue curacao and rum shaken with ice and strained into a shot glass
    MepODh.jpg

2) The Stay Puft:
    Frangelico, Baley's and whipped cream flavoured vodka shaken with ice and strained into a shot glass. Top off with mini-marshmallows. For added authenticity, use official 'Stay Puft' marshmallows.
    IRkWxh.jpg

What do you guys think? Anything other good ghost busters related cocktails?

XMG on
    edited February 2012
    Love the slimer one! I am not sure I could handle the stay puffed one without going into sugar shock. ;-)

adias.angel on
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    Get Bill Murray...please?

Marshmallows in an alcoholic drink? Does that taste good?

bYf6vNQ.png
    It's actually pretty good, mostly because the Frangelico and Bailey's soaks into the marshmallow and gives it a cool hazelnut/cream flavour. It is pretty sugary though! (Also, I just realized I may have repeatedly identified myself as a Canadian by repeatedly sticking 'u's into words like flavour and colour).

• BodenBoden Registered User regular
    I like them both! I vote for both.

You are Canadian? I am having second thoughts about this party!

Will there be demos at the party as well as your booth?

Whether I am at the party or not, I vote both drinks as well. I am really interested in that marshmallow one.

bYf6vNQ.png
    XMG wrote:
    It's actually pretty good, mostly because the Frangelico and Bailey's soaks into the marshmallow and gives it a cool hazelnut/cream flavour. It is pretty sugary though! (Also, I just realized I may have repeatedly identified myself as a Canadian by repeatedly sticking 'u's into words like flavour and colour).

Until you said that you could have been Indian, English, Irish, Australian, or Japanese actually... Ironically, I didn't remember that Canadians still spelled like the mother ship, despite multiple Canadian friends....

• RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    Will wrist bands be available on both Friday and Saturday or just Saturday?

2013 Prime Omeganaut
    We'll be doing demos both at the booth and at the party, so there'll be plenty of opportunity to play. We're also handing out wristbands both Friday and Saturday (and even Thursday if you catch one of us at the Pokemon pub crawl). And yes, we (Canadians) still tend to spell like the mothership in some cases... although we've moved on with some words like 'realize', in addition to less 'u's being more and more acceptable.

I will hopefully catch you at the Pokemon Pub Crawl (pun fully intended).

bYf6vNQ.png
    When asked for a comment on how the city of Boston will handle the XMG Ghostbusters party planned for PAX, the actors from the film had the following to say:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

• folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    How will we be able to identify you at the bar crawl? Definitely want to attend this. :)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I will share my recipe with you. This is my favorite drink.

Alien Orgasm
    2 parts Malibu
    1 part midori
    1 part curacao
    2 parts pineapple juice

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • FearlessTeacherFearlessTeacher Registered User regular
    Sounds as awesome as a" Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds."

folkit wrote: »
    How will we be able to identify you at the bar crawl? Definitely want to attend this. :)

I second this. Team Yellow Gold requires wristbands. :P

We're elusive. We're on team Yellow (Silver) and will be wearing (probably many) glow in the dark wristbands. If you see us feel free to come up and ask for one. If you miss us, we'll have them at our booth (#134) all weekend, so swing by and ask for one.