As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So I just applied to be a librarian for DC Comics (Feelin' Good thread)

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Peen how can I be a librarian

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Peen how can I be a librarian

1. Get an MLS
    2. Get super excited about making not a lot of money to talk to crazy people/children all day!
    3. Start suckin' dicks.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    How long did you have to do step #3, Peen?

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

You're implying he's been able to stop, which is an assumption I'm not sure we can make.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Hey, Peen.

Nah I'm in the field now, I'm cool. It's the folks that want jobs that suck the dicks and the answer to how long is as long as it takes.

Step 1) Get Peen fired

Keith you could just hang a sign on your bookshelves that says "The Keith's Self Esteem Memorial Library" and then start the hiring process.

• PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    I just spent 5 minutes dancing around the living room to Dan Deacon with a coke can in one hand and a huge slice of coffee cake in the other

• SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Keith wrote:

You're implying he's been able to stop, which is an assumption I'm not sure we can make.

This is pretty much the MLS experience

Skullo on
    Peen wrote: »
    Keith you could just hang a sign on your bookshelves that says "The Keith's Self Esteem Memorial Library" and then start the hiring process.

But I don't have self esteem

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Skullo wrote:
    Yeah. Hopefully I get that shit.

I guess the lady and I are also going to be trying to Kickstart one of our board game designs, too.

What's got you feelin' good SE++?

Or I guess if you're feeling rotten we can say nice things to you or brag about our good feelings until you feel worse. Or something.

Yo what kind of qualifications are there for being a librarian for DC

Because I would love this job

This is like

The Dream Job of Unknown Buttlord

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Skullo wrote:

I guess the lady and I are also going to be trying to Kickstart one of our board game designs, too.

Or I guess if you're feeling rotten we can say nice things to you or brag about our good feelings until you feel worse. Or something.

Yo what kind of qualifications are there for being a librarian for DC

Because I would love this job

This is like

The Dream Job of Unknown Buttlord

Yeah that does sound pretty great

It's specifically for the business/legal affairs it appears. Lots of research and collection management.

edited February 2012
    Also Buttlord the lovecraft reference was appreciated. The qualifications were actually lower than I expected. Library experience was only preferred, not required.

But familiarity with characters was a must.

I have an intimate knowledge of their characters.
    ;)

Skullo on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Skullo wrote:

If you get the job, see if you can't poison most of the creative and editorial staff, would you?

edited February 2012
    Skullo wrote:
    Also Buttlord the lovecraft reference was appreciated. The qualifications were actually lower than I expected. Library experience was only preferred, not required.

But familiarity with characters was a must.

I have an intimate knowledge of their characters.
    ;)

Oh see that's where I fail, I know a lot more about Marvel than I do DC

But man

If Marvel was like yo buttlord we want a guy who knows all about the glory of Spidey Super Stories I'd be on that shit like corn on shti

Buttlord on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    In March I'm flying out of state (seriously, just being able to get away for a weekend is a huge deal) for a big concert and seeing some friends I only see once or twice a year, and then later on I get my vacation pay the day before my birthday.

These are both good things but I'm in a pretty bad depression cycle right now so it's difficult to appreciate them as much as I know I should. Still, bright spots.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie

Keith that's why it's a Memorial library. Because, you see, your self-esteem is dead.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Paid off my credit card.

Boo ya

icGJy2C.png
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    The girl I've been seeing and who I am kind of crazy about is coming back on Tuesday, and staying with me for a month.

Work has finally calmed down and I finally get to work on some projects that will make us some money rather than having to deal with crazy clients.

I'm going back to Australia for the first time in 2 years in May, for 6 weeks - looking forward to drinking beer with all the guys I miss and hopefully getting some jam sessions in with the old band.

Things are pretty sweet! The only bad things are that I can't afford PAX East like I'd hoped, and that after the month of staying here my lady leaves for London for 6 months, so we'll most likely be breaking up, which sucks.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ten wrote: »
    The girl I've been seeing and who I am kind of crazy about is coming back on Tuesday, and staying with me for a month.

Work has finally calmed down and I finally get to work on some projects that will make us some money rather than having to deal with crazy clients.

I'm going back to Australia for the first time in 2 years in May, for 6 weeks - looking forward to drinking beer with all the guys I miss and hopefully getting some jam sessions in with the old band.

Things are pretty sweet! The only bad things are that I can't afford PAX East like I'd hoped, and that after the month of staying here my lady leaves for London for 6 months, so we'll most likely be breaking up, which sucks.

why are you going to break up? 6 months isn't that long. And while british accents are charming, you have a more charming one.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so i just got Robots in Disguise #2 today and it owned

and i picked up a volume of transmetropolitan i reserved and it was actually the next one i needed to read in the correct order

today isn't too bad

Keith that's why it's a Memorial library. Because, you see, your self-esteem is dead.

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME

Antimatter wrote:
    so i just got Robots in Disguise #2 today and it owned

and i picked up a volume of transmetropolitan i reserved and it was actually the next one i needed to read in the correct order

today isn't too bad

How far are you in Transmet

It's basically my favorite series ever

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i read up to volume 7 or 8 the last time i read it but it's been a while and i didn't have access to all the books

so, i needed to restart
    just finished volume 3, which i picked up today

need to wait for the library to call and say they have volume 4

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Feeling good thread, I am feeling good about a thing

Nearly two months back, I said that I was going to start doing daily work-outs, because lack of exercise can exacerbate depression and also (obviously) results in being unfit. Also a daily regime is good for personal discipline and so on.

I just started off with some light stuff, twenty sit-ups and push-ups a day, and early on it made me pretty achey! But I kept going and have done daily exercise for about a month now, doing the same twenty sit-ups and push-ups but twice a day, and also a thing where I rest my arms on my desk and my feet on my bed, and lift myself up and down (dunno what it is called but it seems to do my shoulders good).

Dunno about any specific change in depression and so on, but I definitely feel healthier and I've noticed that over the time I've got stronger and fitter as a result of my efforts. I've always been very skinny but I've also noticed that my arms, shoulders and chest have built up a bit, which is pretty great for my physical confidence!

So yeah, nearly months of exercise and I have managed to keep it up on a daily basis. Pretty proud of myself! So that has made me feel good.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    On a totally different note I am happy to announce that I will be sitting on my ass eating pizza all day today.

Take that, sunny day.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Antimatter wrote:
    i read up to volume 7 or 8 the last time i read it but it's been a while and i didn't have access to all the books

so, i needed to restart
    just finished volume 3, which i picked up today

need to wait for the library to call and say they have volume 4

So jealous

Wish I could read it for the first time again
    One percent

Tonkka wrote: »
    On a totally different note I am happy to announce that I will be sitting on my ass eating pizza all day today.

Take that, sunny day.

It was so nice here today. Like 60° and sunny

Went out wearing a t-shirt

felt great

Keith wrote:

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WNmmF9MCQc

Keith wrote:

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WNmmF9MCQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcwxeJM0T04

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    keith do you read the mega man comic

it's super good

xmassig2.gif
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    I just bought two ding-dongs for a dollar.

This is the happiest day of my adult life.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    Feeling good thread, I am feeling good about a thing

Nearly two months back, I said that I was going to start doing daily work-outs, because lack of exercise can exacerbate depression and also (obviously) results in being unfit. Also a daily regime is good for personal discipline and so on.

I just started off with some light stuff, twenty sit-ups and push-ups a day, and early on it made me pretty achey! But I kept going and have done daily exercise for about a month now, doing the same twenty sit-ups and push-ups but twice a day, and also a thing where I rest my arms on my desk and my feet on my bed, and lift myself up and down (dunno what it is called but it seems to do my shoulders good).

Dunno about any specific change in depression and so on, but I definitely feel healthier and I've noticed that over the time I've got stronger and fitter as a result of my efforts. I've always been very skinny but I've also noticed that my arms, shoulders and chest have built up a bit, which is pretty great for my physical confidence!

So yeah, nearly months of exercise and I have managed to keep it up on a daily basis. Pretty proud of myself! So that has made me feel good.

Shit I need to start on something like that, my physique can currently be described as skeletal. Good for you!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    keith do you read the mega man comic

it's super good

I read the first issue and then forgot about it

I'll have to catch up

how are you, Shoe

it's been a while

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I'm okay

workin', keepin' busy

how are YOU

xmassig2.gif
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    no one cake should have all that flour

xmassig2.gif