As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CNN Arizona Republican Debate: Romney's Last Chance to Stop the Wave of Santorum

dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Information, Live Streams, etc.

Last one before Super Tuesday.

Tonight at 8 PM EST on CNN.

And the moderator, is ugh, this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4lnlDVW3o

dbrock270 on

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    How long now? 52 minutes?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well at least the moderator will be a hard hitting, take no nonsense sort of fellow.

I'm expecting Mittens to come in guns a'blazin' since tonight will win or lose him this election.

Lh96QHG.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm assuming that Willard will be hocking his tax proposals.

Couscous on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm gonna miss an hour of this and if makes me sad

So It Goes on
  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Well at least the moderator will be a hard hitting, take no nonsense sort of fellow.

I'm expecting Mittens to come in guns a'blazin' since tonight will win or lose him this election.

Politicians in general and Republicans in particular are an unimaginative lot, even odds say that both of them are going to try REAL HARD to make this about how much John King and the media are so mean and evil and against them. Screaming and crying about the vast liberal conspiracy to assault the poor underdog Republicans who own it.

After the first act? Then it gets real, but this isn't Mitt's last chance. I don't think anyone has pointed out he's already won Virginia, he might bring that up.

And I doubt he'll want to talk tax policy, although people like hearing, "you pay too much in taxes," they don't like hearing complicated rigamarole ABOUT taxes that remind them what a hassle 1040 EZ is.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    I'm gonna miss an hour of this and if makes me sad

I'm going to miss all of this and it makes me happy

Sadly none of them are going to address the issue of national security as it pertains to the Sasquatch Liberation Front. Not since Roosevelt has a Republican taken the issue seriously.

7ca624db_Teddy-Roosevelt-Shooting-Bigfoot.jpg

I'm just going to use the CNN blog because I can't stand listening to these people speak.

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Boring7 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has pointed out he's already won Virginia, he might bring that up.

Because acting like the presumptive winner in upcoming states has worked out so well for him so far.
    Yes, I don't see him losing Virginia, but voters don't tend to appreciate being told their vote is basically pointless.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone has pointed out he's already won Virginia, he might bring that up.

Because acting like the presumptive winner in upcoming states has worked out so well for him so far.
    Yes, I don't see him losing Virginia, but voters don't tend to appreciate being told their vote is basically pointless.

But it's important to Romney's ego. That's what really matters. To him, anyway.

• Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Oh hello debate thread!

Me and KalTorak were speculating in the GOP thread that one or more candidates would be showing up all ashed up from an earlier church service.

Does this seem like a thing that could actually happen?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Well, Romney and Paul are the only names on the VA ballot. And Paul's not winning anything, regardless of his plan to secretly win.

Lh96QHG.png
    But, people don't like being told their vote is meaningless, so he can't just swing his dick around on stage tonight.

Lh96QHG.png
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Is The Economist still doing live blogs of these things? They were highly entertaining...

Does this seem like a thing that could actually happen?

It wouldn't surprise me.

But, people don't like being told their vote is meaningless, so he can't just swing his dick around on stage tonight.

Depends on how you sell it. If you say they ALREADY "voted" by implying they had so little interest in the other candidates they refused to sign their petitions in the first place and that this is symbolic of rejection by the very faithful people (they almost elected Huckabee) of Virginia you might be able to make it look good.

What is a good liveblog for this debate?

Depends on how you sell it. If you say they ALREADY "voted" by implying they had so little interest in the other candidates they refused to sign their petitions in the first place and that this is symbolic of rejection by the very faithful people (they almost elected Huckabee) of Virginia you might be able to make it look good.

I mean the cheery Michiganders and Arizones.

Lh96QHG.png
    Super classy intro there, CNN.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    this thing shoudl be starting now, right?

Super classy intro there, CNN.

What is up with CNN introducing the debates like wrestling matches? It's ridiculous.

• DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote:

Going off of the economist suggestions, heres the link, not sure how good it'll be.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Is The Economist still doing live blogs of these things? They were highly entertaining...
    Couscous wrote: »

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/02/republican-nomination-5

edited February 2012
    Lonely:

It's starting.

Harry Dresden on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    there we go.

I hate that i have to watch it on cnn's homepage.

hmmm Romney got a good cheer.

• ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    Everyone stand. You are being watched.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    What the hell is up with this music? This intro? What is going on? This is so stupid.

The CNN liveblog doesn't autoupdate because they are stuck in the last decade.

Couscous wrote:
    The CNN liveblog doesn't autoupdate because they are stuck in the last decade.

I believe the economist does.

The 21st Republican debate will feature a barber shop quartet singing the national anthem.

Do you think the Republic will endure if we didn't have to sing the "Star Spangled Banner" at every debate? Couldn't we stipulate in advance everyone's patriotism. Even signing a loyalty oath would be more time efficient.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Time to watch Romney and Gingrich get santorum ALL OVER the place!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Hey dude saluting, you're indoors, you stand at attention!

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
    I notice that they had a hot blonde in the choir up front. :lol:

Seats?

They're Sitting down?

Wusses

Also, should note, Patton Oswalt is live-tweeting this event

Damnit, Rick! Wait your turn!

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Is this the part where they tell John King what questions they want to answer, he rolls over on his back and submits, and then they toss him a treat?

Ron Paul wins the introduction round: "I am the defender of the Constitution. I am the champion of liberty."
    HE IS GOLD STANDARD MAN!