As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Well, it's not like he could get at Hogan so might as well go after one of his groupies.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Raw this week gained nicely in viewership compared to last week, and the drop-off wasn't too bad either between hours 1 and 2. Also impressive considering it was a holiday show.

Hope the live Smackdown gets a good number as well, or more specifically the main event. I know the last time Punk and Bryan fought on Raw it did a very good rating.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    WWE has yet to have Kharma reappear following her Royal Rumble surprise because she has yet to recover fully from giving birth and isn't ready top work a full schedule. The Royal Rumble appearance was worked in because Creative believed it would be an unexpected story.

Despite me (and most everyone else I guess) wanting her to come back as quickly as possible, she can take all the time she needs to fully recover.

And going completely in the other direction, New Jack apparently beat the shit out of Brian Knobbs backstage at an indy show for being disrespectfull to him. Knobbs was reportedly drunk as all hell.

I don't like her as a person and don't really care for her in the ring. That being said her child should be quite a bit more important than wrestling. Recovering from the pregnancy is one thing, but she really should be hanging out with her baby as much as possible right now for bonding reasons.

Obvious solution? She wears her baby on her back like dwarf mothers in dwarf fortress do. That way she can wrestle, and the baby can learn the family trade from an early age.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Creative plans call for WWE's Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of Raw John Laurinaitis's feud with Theodore Long's to have full control of both brands will culminate with a winner takes all match at WrestleMania 28.

According to reports this match will replace Money In The Bank with getting a number of superstars involved in the match. Laurinaitis would be the captain of team of heel WWE stars against a babyface team captained by Long at the pay-per-view with the winning captain becoming General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'm 100% OK with this for a number of reasons. For starters it could get some midcarders involved in the big show instead of being relegated to the dark match battle royal plus maybe something for Orton to do other than get involved in Bryan/Sheamus. It also gives the current feud between Long and Ace real stakes and quite frankly Long hasn't been this entertaining in YEARS. And finally, despite having just praised Teddy, this could be the way to FINALLY take him off TV, or at least the GM role. He's been doing it for a fucking decade now and while I love the guy he's never truly gotten over in any meaningful sense.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    How is that New Jack psycho not in jail yet?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I think Long wins and Laurinaitis is gone

They have been saying there's a big payoff with what's going on with McIntyre, and this match very well may be it

• Options

They have been saying there's a big payoff with what's going on with McIntyre, and this match very well may be it

How would Long staying be good for McIntyre? And even if they want to re-push Drew there's no way in hell WWE would make him a focal point in this angle.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular

How would Long staying be good for McIntyre? And even if they want to re-push Drew there's no way in hell WWE would make him a focal point in this angle.
    Drew begs to be on Teddy's team

Teddy doesn't believe he'll do any good

he wins the match for Long

easy booking there

if they were to go that route

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hjorvarthr wrote:

Drew begs to be on Teddy's team

Teddy doesn't believe he'll do any good

he wins the match for Long

easy booking there

if they were to go that route
    True enough but that would turn Drew face which would be the worst possible thing to do to his character. Besides I thought they wanted to turn him into an arrogant playboy.

Drew begging to be on Teddy's team then deliberately sabatoging the match at Mania in Ace's favor makes much more sense.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Are you kidding

If he begged to be on the team, and singlehandedly saved Teddy's job, he could be arrogant forever

Bragging about how he is not just the chosen one, but also how he saved the GM's job and can basically lord that over the GM's head anytime he wants something

• Options
    Are you kidding

If he begged to be on the team, and singlehandedly saved Teddy's job, he could be arrogant forever

Bragging about how he is not just the chosen one, but also how he saved the GM's job and can basically lord that over the GM's head anytime he wants something

I guess they could spin it like that but I think Drew secretly being in cahoots with Ace to get a guaranteed push would work out better. Besides why would Drew trust Teddy even if he saved him his job after all the crap he put him through?

• Options
    Because Teddy still has allowed Drew to have a job?

Laurinaitis would have fired him a long time ago if he put that much faith in a guy only for the guy to lose for months to anybody and everybody.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Finally watched the Main Event from last night and holy shit, that match is awesome. 5* for Free TV!

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    - While a match somehow involving the Divas is still expected to take place at WrestleMania 28, some within the company are arguing against using the women just for the sake of having them on the show. The reasoning is that a match would take time away from other matches people are more interested in. The match has been suggested to be the pre-show dark match.

You know what? If Kharma isn't going to be back in time for Mania, and all reports are looking like that might be the case, then I'm fine with this.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    What they really should have done is build towards Beth vs. Nattie at Mania, with the winner going on to feud with Kharma.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Wrestlemania: The Manami Toyota retirement show!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Beth vs. Nattie would still be shit. I know most people on here love them for some reason but they both bore the hell out of me.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Beth vs. Nattie would still be shit. I know most people on here love them for some reason but they both bore the hell out of me.

So I assume you've watched some matches where they actually got to wrestle? Shimmer? Because if you're saying they're boring and would have a shit match based off some Kelly Kelly matches then uh, I guess Ziggler is shit because he wrestled Mason Ryan a couple of times.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think its bullshit. They work hard and look forward to Mania, too. They could afford 10 minutes in a 4 hour show. Take em from Show's match. Or Taker/HHH.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    They work hard in the gym, not so hard in the training ring.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Wrestlemania: The Manami Toyota retirement show!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote:

Beth's second run in OVW was really good as far as work rate goes, and it was also where she became the monster heel that she portrays today. She was also amazing in the vignettes that Aaron Stevens used to perform during her first OVW run, when Heyman was in charge and it was by far the best WWE related product of the time.
    Her run with Santino is probably a big part of why most people love her though, hell even I warmed to Santino during that stint and I usually dislike the guy.

Nattie has shown glimpses of having come good on her potential in WWE, however it's hard to say how good she's become because she's mostly trying to spin gold out of dog shit wrestling people like Eve and Kelly Kelly. True Beth has the same problem, however she's a monster so she can overcome this by rag dolling bitches, Nattie's whole schtick is technical mastery and since McCool left the only person who could probably pull their weight in a match like that is Beth.
    Her Shimmer stuff was okay but nothing amazing, and her tour of Japan was also good (I think her match with Kharma is on youtube) so either of those might be worth watching if you want an insight into why so many people want to see her given a chance.

Personally I think they could probably put together a pretty tidy ten minute or so match, one that might even get some crowd heat if they were given a couple of weeks to build up a story for it. However I also think the WWE should just dismantle their entire women's division and replace it with Kana and Cheerleader Melissa having matches from now until they both retire. So my opinion could very well be invalid.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I like Beth and Nattie (Nattie especially) because of their table match with Laycool at TLC. It ends with the table botching when it fails to break under the weight of two people hitting it and Nattie does a splash off the top turnbuckle to finish the job. Simple, quality thinking under pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuAFGXsz3_0&feature=related

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Following Rey Mysterio's visit backstage at last week's Raw SuperShow in San Diego, California, any mention of his name to WWE brass reportedly resulted in a very negative speech. There has been underlying friction on management's part due to tough contract negotiations and not returning from injuries as early as they'd like. Also, some feel because of his small stature, he's lucky to be employed to WWE.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Following Rey Mysterio's visit backstage at last week's Raw SuperShow in San Diego, California, any mention of his name to WWE brass reportedly resulted in a very negative speech. There has been underlying friction on management's part due to tough contract negotiations and not returning from injuries as early as they'd like. Also, some feel because of his small stature, he's lucky to be employed to WWE.

Where the fuck did that come from? No, really. One of their top merch pushers is getting negative heat from management? I roll to disbelieve.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Also the bit about his small stature strikes me as odd, considering even for how short he is, he's built like a damned truck, and they love booking him as the underdog constantly. Where is the problem here?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wow. Booking a champion vs. champion match like it's a big fucking deal. What a novel concept.

Kind of highlights the difference between Raw and Smackdown.

Anyone know why they did Smackdown live this week, by the way?

As for Long vs. Laurinaitis, I get the feeling that the result of that may pretty much mark the end of the roster split and draft and such.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Laurinaitis should win because he's the best

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    My main problem with this entire GM angle is that neither Ace or Teddy are Mick Foley.

Shit, or Mr Belding, for that matter.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    My problem is that Teddy Long isn't nearly as good as Ace.

How long has Teddy been doing the GM thing? Since 2004 right?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    enhanced-buzz-31532-1329860487-7.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    If Bearer doesn't somehow get involved in this match, it'll be sad.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Of course, it all comes down to the writers, too.

I imagine if Laurinaitis wins, he'll become the same walking, talking tag-team-making cliche' Long is (albeit with a different style), but only on Fridays. ;P

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I would be sad if Drew were put into a big role with the GM feud.

Mainly because he isn't good.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Eve Torres wrote:
    @ZackRyder I miss you.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    oh my god
    Johnny Ace wrote:
    RT @TheBoyTB: @WWERawGM Why does @GMSmackDown love tag team matches so much? #AskAGM : He can book twice the action in 1/2 the time #Lazy

• Options
    I much prefer the RAW method of half the action in twice the time.

• Options
    LTM wrote: »
    I much prefer the RAW method of half the action in twice the time.

Psh

Like it's even half

On a good day there's over 45 minutes of wrestling, and the rest is backstage stuff, segments, and promos

This discussion has been closed.