As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Challenge Coins - Orders Closed

• karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    I just talked to Eric and he says the factory has completed the run of coins and they are en route to him. Once he receives them, he'll double check to see that everything is correct and then ship them to me. We should have pictures of the coins very soon.

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Message sent. 2 coins requested.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    Email sent to kcappa-paxcoin (at) yahoo.com. Hoping it got to the destination! I'm excited to get these: D

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Thank goodness I checked before leaving for work this morning! email sent under 'vickie'!! for 3 coins!

• King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Email sent. Thanks for putting this together! 8-)

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • ChimneyImpChimneyImp Shifty Eyes BostonRegistered User regular
    E-mail sent! The shinies will be all mine!

Z04due2.png
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    I need 4 coins! woots.

• BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Email sent can't wait to get my hands on them!

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    E-mail sent, only need 1. I'll be getting into Boston early Thursday morning and probably hanging out around the adjacent Westin hotel most of the day, so I could help distribute will-call coins too if you need some help with that.

NSw0gum.png
  • laivindillaivindil Registered User regular
    Email sent! Thanks for all the work you are putting into this.

PAX East 2012 Attendee. Also going to East 13.
  • Drew8800Drew8800 Boston MARegistered User regular
    Sent email! Cannot wait!

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    Just sent my e-mail. Thanks for setting all this up, karmacappa!

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
  • JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Email sent! Thanks karmacappa! :D

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    E-mail sent! Thanks karma!

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    About 175 coins have been reserved so far and about 20 more are for people involved in the project. That means less than 40% remains.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just sent an email for 2 coins. Thanks again, this is wonderful! :D

TopherRocks on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    ChimneyImp wrote: »
    E-mail sent! The shinies will be all mine!

Don't forget to carry them once you have them. Somepony still owes me a beer.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    email sent for 2. Glad I checked for this And the pokecrawl - Joy!!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Message away. Hope the order goes through.....

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    Put my order in earlier. Hopefully I'm good!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Hope I didn't miss out. I've been so busy that I forgot to come and check!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    Ok, I'm caught up on e-mails I've received to this point. 230 coins have been requested so far, so there are about 50 left. I'll note when we seem to have all the coins requested after they're all reserved, but keep in mind that if anyone falls through by not paying (after we send out invoices) or such, we will be moving on to the next person. So even after we "run out", we'll be putting requests onto a standby list.

• ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Just sent my email. Hope I'm not too late!

• ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    email sent!

We're down to 25 coins unclaimed. That could mean anywhere between 5 and 25 people will finish off the available coins. I'm going to start invoicing soon as the coins are currently being shipped to me.
    I'd like to thank everyone that is willing to do Will Call. We've got 6 volunteers good to go on that, and they'll be working out ways to hand off fully half of the coins. That makes shipping a lot less of a burden. Thanks go out to all of you wonderful people!

Eric sent me some pics of a finished coin that he took really quick at my request. I wanted to put this out ASAP so that you can all see how well they turned out. When they're cleaned up and finished, you can see that there is great contrast between the elements, and it should have no problem making a big impact. Just note that coins are pretty hard to photograph, so it will definitely look better in person than it does in any photo.
    6782627894_9f1460a3a8.jpg
    P1000286 by karmacappa, on Flickr
    6782627662_335b64dd49.jpg
    P1000288 by karmacappa, on Flickr
    6928747379_a69b9f2623.jpg
    P1000285 by karmacappa, on Flickr

• ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    5 Coins ordered!

I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
    Gorgeous! Love the coins! If that's the hard to photograph pic. I can't wait to see the finished product in person.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    edited February 2012
    Gorgeous! Love the coins! If that's the hard to photograph pic. I can't wait to see the finished product in person.

The biggest problem is the differences in elevation. Since the coins are 3d and the pictures are 2d, you don't see the contrast between 2 points which are close. Light, which is normally very important to get a good picture, tends to shine off the coin making it hard to see fine details. Pictures of colored 2d coins are pretty accurate, but these 3d coins really have to be seen in person. Anyone who has gotten any of the coins before will definitely tell you that the pics can look great, but once you have them in your hand, they're amazing.

karmacappa on
  • adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Just sent an email requesting 2 - hope I've gotten in before they're gone! ::crosses fingers::

Cool, thanks Karma. That makes sense. They look really amazing.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    oh God... I hope I didn't miss out again... just sent in my request...

edited February 2012
    Ok, I'm closing out orders for the primary list now. If you have a reply e-mail from me, it means you're guaranteed the coins you requested as long as payment is received in a reasonable time after I send out the invoices. You can still request coins from this point on, but you will go onto a standby list. If someone who requested coins does not submit payment, their coins will go to the person currently first in the standby list. So please do send in a request if you want coins from this point on, just be aware that the request can only be filled when an existing request fails to pay.
    I'll work on getting invoices out tomorrow. The coins will be $5 each, and shipping will be $6 for those who requested their coins be mailed to them. If anyone wishes to change their order from Mail to Will Call, they are free to do so up to the point where I actually mail the coins. Will Call does not need to pay any shipping. I'm going to mail 6 Will Call volunteers now, and they will be setting up a schedule and meet up points to pick up coins. Keep in mind that you will need some kind of ID to pick up your coins. If you do not have ID, mail me and we will work out an alternative so we can make sure that nobody else can take your coins. I'll also work out something where you can choose to give permission for a phone number and/or hotel to be given to the Will Call volunteers in case they need to contact you because they still have your coins. The volunteers mostly live in MA, so several of them are available to meet up before and after PAX at various events to give you your coins.

The Will Call volunteers are:
    KoalaBro2
    Khadour
    gigabrain
    Kiashien
    mxwood
    mikemuck1

karmacappa on
    What would e a suitable ID? Drivers License? Forum badge?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    What would e a suitable ID? Drivers License? Forum badge?
    Well, we aren't buying liquor or anything here. I'd imagine something with your full name on it. Any form of a picture of you on it would be great too. We're mostly looking for a way to make sure someone doesn't peek at the list somehow, get a name, then use that name to just walk off with someones coins. It probably wouldn't happen, but we're going to try to make sure it CAN'T happen to be safe.
    Things I can imagine that some people might have to use are school IDs, military IDs, passports...

Ok. Driver's License it is then. It's the only photo-ID I've got.

The last thing we need is coin thieves. I doubt it would happen, but it's good to be careful.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    They look awesome! Does the boat side (the back I guess) stick out past the lip of the coin? That's the only issue I had with the coins last year - the horses' face sticks out juuuuust a little bit and it keeps the coin from laying flat or the case from closing all the way. I actually have a crack in the protective case right on that point.

I'm still getting two coins either way, but I'm hoping this year's coin doesn't do the same.

UyhWici.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    For those looking to pickup from me, I will be at the Tuesday night J. J. Foley's boardgames & booze gathering, the pig roast on Wednesday night, the PokeCrawl (Blue Gold) on Thursday night, selected MMT stops, and BYOC.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

nope, nope, nope, maybe, and nope. Will I be at any of those. I may find you along the MMT I haven't decided on what sites I'll be seeing Thursday afternoon yet.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Fortunatley, there are multiple volunteers, so you have additional pickup options.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

:)
    Thanks. This is my first Pax East. So, I'm a bit over enthusiastic. :)

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
This discussion has been closed.