As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Syndicate: Loards for cheap, Orikae's calling it now - GOTY 2012.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    cyberpunkstep

dubpunk

steppunk

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think this looks pretty dang slick but I never play FPSes very much outside of the campaign, which Jeff said was about 6-7 hours, and I would rather wait until it drops down to 40 or 30 to get it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Deus Ex spoiled me for how long I think single player shooters should take for singleplayer

Deus Ex spoiled me for how long I think single player shooters should take for singleplayer
    Pretty much yeah

I mean I get why games like CoD or Battlefield have short campaigns because the clear emphasis is on multiplayer and the setting doesn't really invite a ton of variety

but in something like Syndicate where it is fairly original and fresh, c'mon gimme a little more gameplay. I will give them lee way though since the co-op is a totally separate set of missions and maps apparently.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I mean

They made Butcher Bay

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Escape from butcher bay was pretty cool.

Also blank the co-op is rad. rad as Hell.

Also i didn't like the shooting parts of Human revolution. i feel the action part of the game was probably the weakest part.

Butcher Bay is fucking awesome

although this is the "new" Starbreeze according to Jeff, since a decent chunk of the staff jumped ship.

and yeah I am sure the co-op is wonderful, I am just being more prudent with game purchases and trying to only buy things I will get a lot of time out of.

CYpGAPn.png
    That's fair. though he said there was only 9 missions. i could have sworn there was a trailer saying 14 and then 9 based on the original syndicate. but then sometimes my memory is a funny thing.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    That's fair. though he said there was only 9 missions. i could have sworn there was a trailer saying 14 and then 9 based on the original syndicate. but then sometimes my memory is a funny thing.
    This was what I understood also.

And the multiplayer is super cool. Lots of fun, and pretty challenging!

Also, if you didn't like the combat in Deus Ex: HR then you weren't hitting B often enough.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    which did B do? i haven't played it since the month it came out. melee?

The melee was cool.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yep, melee rules.

Actually, it's pretty excellent in Syndicate too. Busting a guy's neck in first-person is pretty visceral.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    it really is.

I guess i more didn't like the shooting. the sneaking around was fun, and throwing large objects at people.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Gatsby was saying they're doing some big show there with Skrillex and stuff.

Which confused me because EA made it clear that they were not going to re-sumbit or alter the game under the current guidelines.

Which confused me because EA made it clear that they were not going to re-sumbit or alter the game under the current guidelines.

Well, someone is lying. And I trust gatsby more then i trust EA.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    There's probably a business reason behind it. EA have made it very clear that they find the current rating system insufferable so had the decision to alter the rating system next year not been made I imagine they may have tried to promote the issue.

I'm not sure, it's too early in the morning to be brainstorming. Got any news on this front, @Gatsby ?

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    When did Gatsby become Videogames Newsman?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    he listens to rooster teeth

TrippyJing wrote: »

Iunno, but we made him the head of news on our shitty podcast, so he better keep it up!

TrippyJing wrote: »

When he was invited to help out at the event in question (or something along those lines, I can't remember).

Clearly he has contacts.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Well basically what I've heard is that there's a Syndicate-related event happening sometime later in the year here in Sydney, and my friend just so happens to be a part of the agency and specific group who is putting this thing together. Right now he says it's still in the planning stages, but he's been asking for volunteers including myself, just to get a show of interest in it.

Gatsby wrote: »
    Well basically what I've heard is that there's a Syndicate-related event happening sometime later in the year here in Sydney, and my friend just so happens to be a part of the agency and specific group who is putting this thing together. Right now he says it's still in the planning stages, but he's been asking for volunteers including myself, just to get a show of interest in it.

Gotcha.

And it makes sense for it to be later in the year, get some interest going for when it can be released.

• the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular

My Name Is Skrillex

Gotcha.

And it makes sense for it to be later in the year, get some interest going for when it can be released.

I will say right now, that I pretty much know as much as the average person at the moment. I'll check again today with my friend at school. Him I trust, but it's possible the company that hired him hasn't given him all the most important details yet.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Single player was fun, but short. Too short, especially given the potential for setpieces in that universe.

Always glad to hear Brian Cox's voice in anything.

Time for some co-op. The Atlantic Accelerator WILL come under our control, this I promise.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    well, hopefully we learn something neat and worth while, and something.

Plus it makes gatsby listen to dubstep, which i forget how he feels about.

Gotcha.

I will say right now, that I pretty much know as much as the average person at the moment. I'll check again today with my friend at school. Him I trust, but it's possible the company that hired him hasn't given him all the most important details yet.

Of course.

Indifferent. It has its own time and place, and I'm not exactly revolted by it. But it's not something I'd just casually listen to on my ipod.

Also was our last episode aired, even?

Indifferent. It has its own time and place, and I'm not exactly revolted by it. But it's not something I'd just casually listen to on my ipod.

Also was our last episode aired, even?

No, vopro said he wasn't feel well, said he'd have it by tuesday, but, that doesn't seem to have happened

I have agents on site.

to break some necks and steal some chips. wubwubwubwub

Okay so talked with my friend today. As far as he knows, EA still has his company and crew hired for this event. It'll be happening later in the year, and it will be directly tied with Syndicate. So really it's all about the communication with EA and whether or not that's solid.

Good to know. I will need to recruit a posse at some point when everyone is looking for something to play on days where they are bored of mass effect 3.

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Just finished the singleplayer on hard, absolutely loved it. Only complaints were that the story could have been better, and maybe put in some choice options here and there.

if anyone playing co-op on pc would add fathom216 to their friends list that'd be grand

Heisenberg on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i reaaaaaally want to play this and write about it. oh gof. just from the quicklook i have so much to say

maybe i'll get some money eventually

Now you've piqued my curiosty.

What caught your eye?

so it's basically about an augmented reality world. part of the corporate espionage aspect is 'digital camouflage', where you spoof your brain chip to look like the right corporation and security level. when you do this, your onboard computer says something like 'camoflage established. we belong.'

which makes me go :D

a great opportunity to write about the cyberpunk genre AND examine this game

also the shooting is super well designed, sound design is great, animations are well-done and grounded, visual design is a neat riff and not overly-plastic/new as some games can be

basically it looks fun and interesting

Yeah it looks like a very interesting game. I love how later in the QL you see
    the Dart Relay malfunctioning after some nasty stuff has gone down, flickering on for a brief second in a believable way.

Traded in some games, got this one free.

I think it might be the best shooter I've ever played.

Found a crash bug, though. If anyone else has this, let me know if you run into it.
    When trying to rescue the good doctor, when you meet the 3 health bar armored dude and his two buddies, I crash whenever I force one of them to suicide while he's vulnerable to damage and nearby.

I can see how that would slip through QA.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Gosh

I guess I should accelerate my acquisition of this game

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Oh yeah, mods can edit titles still. now where i further the use of loards?

tangentially related, the korn skrillex combo makes me happy.

It's like the new silly thing teaming up with the late 90s silly thing to make something wonderfully dumb.