As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    Here's mine. Anyone sees a mistake? I've had this proof read as much as possible but none of us are expert at the English language.

Also I had to toy a bit with the template so that I could fit the flavor text.
    PaxEast2012_Master_Back.jpg

PaxEast2012_Master_Front.jpg

In the second ability, the word "Instant" is redundant. All creature abilities are instants. *pushes nerd glasses*

Sir your are talking my language :) I'll modify that right away. Also, do you think the wording on the third power is weird? I don't like it...
    vttym wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    Here's mine. Anyone sees a mistake? I've had this proof read as much as possible but none of us are expert at the English language.

Unless you're directly quoting for effect, "baloney sandwhiches" should be "bologna sandwiches"

Otherwise it looks good.

Sir, thank you very much, I will get right on that as well!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    vicechan wrote:
    Can I have #26? If not that, #619.

Could one of the volunteers help me put together my card? I have all of the information and pictures ready, just lacking PhotoShop.

#26 is yours. Someone should be able to help you within the next few days. Many of us took the weekend off. :)
    KoalaBro2 wrote:
    Hey, I've got two friends who are going to participate, so I need numbers for them. Since I'm 708, if you don't mind giving me 709 and 710 for them, that'd be great.

Also, I don't think either of them are doing QR codes. Has anyone done anything else with that space?

#709 and #710 are set for your friends.

Many people are using the QR codes for twitter or blogs, but they could also simply encode a secret message.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular

#26 is yours. Someone should be able to help you within the next few days. Many of us took the weekend off. :)

Sweet, thanks! I was wondering why it was a bit quiet around here. Gotta recharge those batteries; I see the Easter decorations inside of stores and I'm getting excited. :D

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Frugus wrote:
    Frugus wrote:

In the second ability, the word "Instant" is redundant. All creature abilities are instants. *pushes nerd glasses*

Sir your are talking my language :) I'll modify that right away. Also, do you think the wording on the third power is weird? I don't like it...

Yeah, "X" is used for two different things. It should either be "pay X, opponent sacrifices X number of creatures", or "pay [some non-X number], opponent sacrifices X number of creatures, where X is the number of pages on your thread". I mean, it's not really a magic card, so these changes are kind of meaningless, but still. Another small thing I would do, capitalize "Wall of Text"

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
    Yeah, "X" is used for two different things. It should either be "pay X, opponent sacrifices X number of creatures", or "pay [some non-X number], opponent sacrifices X number of creatures, where X is the number of pages on your thread". I mean, it's not really a magic card, so these changes are kind of meaningless, but still. Another small thing I would do, capitalize "Wall of Text"

Indeed, it's just a fake game, but I've been playing MTG long enough to know that something was wrong with my wording and it's going to annoy me until I get it right :) I can't say that I knew exactly what had to be put down but I had a feeling it was not in tune with the usual verbose you see on the cards. I have tons of them but they are too neatly stacked and put away for me to do the reasearch that... DAMN IT WHY DID I NOT THINK ABOUT USING THE ONLINE SEARCH THINGY.

/facepalm.

Keep em' comming BaconSandwhich. I'll post revisions here soon. Thanks for the hints!

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    vicechan wrote:

Sweet, thanks! I was wondering why it was a bit quiet around here. Gotta recharge those batteries; I see the Easter decorations inside of stores and I'm getting excited. :D

hey there. I can help you w/ your card. PMing you my email address now.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Did I do something wrong? D: My cards don't have the black outline! Does this matter to anyone? >_<

35mfldv.jpg

malicious nerd on
    PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
    Did I do something wrong? D: My cards don't have the black outline! Does this matter to anyone? >_<

35mfldv.jpg

It's fine, I think the borders ended up so that the borders won't show depending on the cut.

• Doc RogersDoc Rogers Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I got to get cracking on this.

If anyone would like to help me with this as I do not have Photoshop right now that would be awesome.

Doc Rogers on
    edited February 2012
    Final version the back template... Anyone sees something wrong?

Also, should I send the PSD files to one of the volunteers to make sure everything is right before I send it of?

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • pixylpixyl On-Air Personality Registered User regular
    is #198 still available?

SigBar_DJ.jpg
    pixyl wrote:
    is #198 still available?

#198 is yours!

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Frugus wrote: »
    Final version the back template... Anyone sees something wrong?

Also, should I send the PSD files to one of the volunteers to make sure everything is right before I send it of?

only one H in sandwiches (not "sandwhiches"). my bf does this too, drives me nuts.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Browncoatbeth was awesome and put together a card for me and thought it would be a good idea for a little peer (p)review.

Thoughts, suggestions, errors? I may do a little touch up on the side of the front, but I'm really happy with it! :D I can't wait to get these printed out!

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I've been tweaking this so long, I think I have to stop! The badges were the hardest part... narrowing down the bunches that apply to the six that best represent me and my PAX experiences. So, thoughts before I send these to the printer? :D
    PaxEast2012_adastra_Front.jpgPaxEast2012_adastra_Back.jpg

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    P-Dave, could I please have 27? And 33 for my comrade-in-arms the A-Team, thanks!

Awesome, thanks!!

Is #199 also available?? I'm going to make a card for my little brother ^_^

SigBar_DJ.jpg
    adastra wrote: »
    I've been tweaking this so long, I think I have to stop! The badges were the hardest part... narrowing down the bunches that apply to the six that best represent me and my PAX experiences. So, thoughts before I send these to the printer? :D
    That looks GOOD! I like how the yellow and fuchsia icons echo the colors in your photo. I especially like your background :) ...I have a similar pic of my family and me in the same studio, directly in front of the sign so we're between the blueprint barrel and the suit of armor...

edited February 2012
    rascal wrote: »
    That looks GOOD! I like how the yellow and fuchsia icons echo the colors in your photo. I especially like your background :) ...I have a similar pic of my family and me in the same studio, directly in front of the sign so we're between the blueprint barrel and the suit of armor...

Awesome! I was just there last week to do an interview and couldn't resist snapping some pics that I thought might replace what I'd had on my previous card drafts... ;-)

Thanks! I wanted some other eyes to catch any obvious issues before I clear this from my to-do list and get back to real work.

adastra on
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    rascal wrote:
    P-Dave, could I please have 27? And 33 for my comrade-in-arms the A-Team, thanks!

Both of those numbers are unavailable. Either pick new numbers or we can assign you some.
    pixyl wrote:
    Awesome, thanks!!

Is #199 also available?? I'm going to make a card for my little brother ^_^

You got #199 for your brother!

zezspecs wrote: »
    rascal wrote:

Both of those numbers are unavailable. Either pick new numbers or we can assign you some.
    You can assign us numbers then, thanks.

• zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    rascal wrote:
    zezspecs wrote: »
    rascal wrote:

You can assign us numbers then, thanks.

You have 30 and your friend has 31! ^.^

Hey Z, thanks!

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Put in my order! Out of curiosity, what kind of charges have you all been seeing on your orders? I realize it can vary a little but wouldn't mind getting a ballpark figure.

Here's a preview of my card:
    themiscyracard2012.jpg

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Cool card!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote:
    Put in my order! Out of curiosity, what kind of charges have you all been seeing on your orders? I realize it can vary a little but wouldn't mind getting a ballpark figure.

Here's a preview of my card:
    themiscyracard2012.jpg

I agree, nice card. For the cost, mine ran about 50 with shipping.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
    edited February 2012
    finished mine and my brothers cards >.<
    PaxEast2012_Front_pax.pngPaxEast2012_Back_pax.png
    PaxEast2012_Front_Seth_pax.pngPaxEast2012_Back_Seth_pax.png

And wait... the cards are coming out to be about 50$?

pixyl on
    SigBar_DJ.jpg
    Yeah, mine was about $50 for 120 cards.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    I remember it being cheaper than $50 last year... are you sure you applied the discount code? I wonder if the discount code is assuming a particular order size.... I ordered 100 cards last year and they sent me a lot more than that.

Edit: yeah ok, I checked. Mine were around $38 last year w/shipping. I ordered 100 and they sent me maybe 200-ish?

A friend of mine had hers sent to me, she said she ordered 100 and it cost $39 w/shipping to my house. They sent 168. These numbers, of course, cannot be guaranteed since she ordered 100, but that's along the same lines as what I remembered from last year.

Edit2: and now she posted below :P

zerzhul on
    Yeah, I applied it. And I seem to remember the invoice may have had '0' next to discount code. I didn't think much of it. But maybe there is a order minimum for the discount.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Of my three 100 card orders, they were all between 38 and 39 with shipping included. Last year, each of my 100 cards was actually about 150 when they arrived. This year the batch is 168 for a 100 order.

Yeah, I applied it. And I seem to remember the invoice may have had '0' next to discount code. I didn't think much of it. But maybe there is a order minimum for the discount.

I think it's likely due to the larger order then (since you said you ordered 120). At least the numbers from @chaosisorder make sense out of what I remember from last year.

probly so. I'm alright with the price. For the epic awesomeness of the cards. $50 is fine.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    probly so. I'm alright with the price. For the epic awesomeness of the cards. $50 is fine.

Yeah, I think it's worth it. I was just surprised to see a different number at first, silly order quantities ;)

Meh, welcome to the world of profit margins. ;p

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    ooooh ok whew... I was wondering... cause im only getting 100 cards... =P thanks!!

SigBar_DJ.jpg
    My invoice reflects $35 for 100 cards, $10 off for the discount, and then a whopping $14.46 for UPS Ground shipping to me. Grand total - $39.46 for 100 cards, which will probably actually be more cards. It's unfortunate that it's all a mystery until the invoice - give us your credit card info and we'll charge you whatever we total your order up to be! ;-)

I'd be curious if FedEx would've been any cheaper... but what's done is done! I've worked professionally with Jakprints and their quality and service has always been good.

Was about to send my files when I read this...
    Click on the blue Upload Files button, then the green Upload Files button. You will need to upload the flattened version of your card files.

So I'm a pro printing service nub - what do I need to do exactly? Does it mean I send a jpeg file or do I do something special to the .PSD file before sending it?

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I remember it being cheaper than $50 last year... are you sure you applied the discount code? I wonder if the discount code is assuming a particular order size.... I ordered 100 cards last year and they sent me a lot more than that.

Edit: yeah ok, I checked. Mine were around $38 last year w/shipping. I ordered 100 and they sent me maybe 200-ish?

A friend of mine had hers sent to me, she said she ordered 100 and it cost $39 w/shipping to my house. They sent 168. These numbers, of course, cannot be guaranteed since she ordered 100, but that's along the same lines as what I remembered from last year.

Edit2: and now she posted below :P

this is a really good point for those doing this for the first time; there's really no need to order more than 100 cards because they will almost definitely send you more than that. last year i ordered 100 and got almost 300 cards. a lot of people got 200-ish.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Frugus wrote: »
    Was about to send my files when I read this...
    Click on the blue Upload Files button, then the green Upload Files button. You will need to upload the flattened version of your card files.

So I'm a pro printing service nub - what do I need to do exactly? Does it mean I send a jpeg file or do I do something special to the .PSD file before sending it?

It means you have to flatten the .psd and send them the .psd. If you don't know how to do that, I suggest getting one of the volunteer helpers to do that for you, as this is a very important step.

This discussion has been closed.