As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fantasy MLB 2012 Slowdraft: Pretty much done!

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Yeah, he might be pretty worth it in the end, but I wouldn't have wanted to make that gamble for another round or two.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Ditto. I really think he is going to bounce back and have a great season. At least, i hope he does (except for when he plays against the Rays and the weeks where I face plushy in fantasy).

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    Ha! I always hope to draft Reynolds; last year he was great value, and hopefully with a little average luck this year, he'll give you good value here.

Was his first answer in response to the strikeout question too, or like a HR milestone? I'm thinking of it as a sarcastic response to being asked about strikeouts, which is pretty great.

Yup. Both on strikeouts. "SO WHAT? FUCK STRIKEOUTS!"

Drew Stubbs.
    117111520_crop_450x500.jpg?1308778013

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    That leg/ankle is coming dangerously close to 'oh shit gross' territory

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
    edited February 2012
    zeeny wrote: »
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    Ha! I always hope to draft Reynolds; last year he was great value, and hopefully with a little average luck this year, he'll give you good value here.

Was his first answer in response to the strikeout question too, or like a HR milestone? I'm thinking of it as a sarcastic response to being asked about strikeouts, which is pretty great.

Yup. Both on strikeouts. "SO WHAT? FUCK STRIKEOUTS!"

Fantastic. It's so rare to get anything more than the general jockspeak out of professional athletes, let alone sarcasm.

Yeah, that takedown looks rough.

LavaKnight on
    Wait, I misunderstood you lava. IIRC, it was on 100 ribbies. It's been a while. It was a serious question, but then he took an issue about being asked about the strikeouts;o)

Ah, I see. Still fun!

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Shin-Soo Choo

choo.jpg

• yotesyotes Registered User regular
    Vote to disqualify due to lack of mandatory "Choo-choo-choose".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Overdone.

Besides, Big League Chew is awesome.

Schide on
    Which part of mandatory...

:(

My Choo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Adam Jones CF

106762357_display_image.jpg?1315245183

Steam
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Surprised Choo went this early - I was hoping that stud would fall to me. He will bounce back, don't choo worry

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    But what about the Korean military!? The Korean military?!

• CauldCauld Registered User regular
    The Flyin Hawaiian. Shane Victorino

2ShaneVictorino1-575x416.jpeg

• fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Craig Kimbrel and his girlfriend.
    KimbrelReal.png

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    Stephen Strasburg

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    So I'm outa town and checking on my phone, so I can post my picks but if you want it to be quick is there anyone I can forward a list of picks to? Since mine are back to back it makes things easier.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'd do it, but since my picks are surrounding yours there could be a conflict of interest

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    @Pizzlestixx I can pick for you if no one else wants to.

Michael Cuddyer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll be picking for Pizzle's next picks so make to PM me instead of him. I'll probably notice anyway, just saying not to bother PMing him.

edited February 2012
    great pick on cuddyer. he was one of my 3 choices for my next 2 picks

with 2b elig hes a stud

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited February 2012
    I have some other guys ranked higher right now, but I really believe in Jason Heyward this year.

I mean, here is his looking practically Bondsian in [phone company] park in SF!

MANG4125-575x431.jpg

(I know it's not like Bonds' swing, it was just fun seeing that angle at that ballpark)

LavaKnight on
    edited February 2012
    Ugh Lava, you took another guy right out from under me. Well, since basically every outfielder I wanted in this range just went this round,

tshirt-ad.gif

Matt Wieters

I carried you for 4 months in 2009, waiting for your studliness to come up, and you did jack diddley. You can make it up to me now, Matthew

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Ha! I'm not trying to, promise!

Haha after reaching for Jennings last round I was praying Victorino would last (but knew he wouldn't) and figured at least one of the Gordon/Choo/Upton/Jones/Crawford/Heyward/Cuddyer/Hart pack would make it back. That's what I get for reaching though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Did you PM Schide, Jake? I'm sure he'll check back, but might be worth a quick pm to let him know it's his (or Pizzle's) pick.

Sorry, but I haven't been home for awhile until now. But here are Pizzle's picks.

Buster Posey

buster-posey-ap2.jpg

JJ Hardy

81884232.jpg

More like J.J. Hunky

I apologize.

Very tough call here.

Going with the upside over a consistent performer
    One of my favorite players since my random adoption of the Brewers, along with the man above, Corey Hart, and Ben Sheets

0414pod01.jpg

Rickie Weeks

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I can't let Michael Young hang out there for another round. He will be my Second Baseman and backup Third Baseman when Zimmerman dies.

Micahel-Young-e1297485122407.jpg

Brett Gardner. My team is becoming more and more white. This should worry me.

9116766.jpg

52eaea6b725c62d7-plast-garden-wide-shot.jpg

article-0-04F9BA28000005DC-532_468x336.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Man, i was hoping to welcome Gardner back on my team for a return bout, and Wieters, actually. Looks like Arod will be the only returning passenger on the ZH failboat.

Steam
    We might want to try to pick up the pace a bit here. We still have most of 15 rounds to go with about 5 weeks left. But we've only covered 6+ rounds in two weeks. At our current ~3 rounds a week pace we are really going to be pushing it come that last week.

• PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    We should do it like a chess clock, where if you're slow you have less time for future picks.

Last year it all worked out, but I don't remember if we did anything to speed things up toward the end.

Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    dots has til 10:15 tonight to make a pick, I think. If we run out of time, we can enter all the data we have and do an online draft for the rest of the picks. Don't quote me, but I think it's possible.

edited February 2012
    Ok according to last year's thread we started Feb 14th. By Feb 28th we were around the start of the 10th round. The last pick was March 21st

So we may want to try to pick up the pace, yeah.

Schide on
    If we could get to my pick tonight that would be best, I am driving 12 hours tomorrow.

Steam