As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Season 3, Ep. 15 - Trenches

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited February 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Definitely felt a little sick when Mike described the fruit "drink".

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Man, that bit at the end is probably my favorite moment from the show so far.

WHOOOOAAAA
    HOLY SHIT

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Can't wait for Bangela to show up.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Everyone should always listen to Jerry. Always! Especially in matters of pointless animal mascot characters. And he's apparently some type of freestyle rapping savant, which while not directly related automatically gives his opinions extra weight.

• Options
    theResetButtontheResetButton Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Man, that bit at the end is probably my favorite moment from the show so far.

WHOOOOAAAA
    HOLY SHIT

If you somehow missed it, Jerry's rap in the Alliday episode of the Blammimations (s1e17) is absolutely amazing.

Keep honking: I'm also honking.
  • Options
    Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    I jumped out of my chair when Jerry came up with that. I had been trying to put something together myself that involved the words "beaver" and "shock" but he put me to shame. Incredible.

• Options
    mnihilmnihil Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'd love some Trenches 4th Panels, but I guess they don't work that way? Looks like they make a whole bunch of strips at once.

Mike's admission to tracing Scott. :O

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Jerry's rhyme

fuck

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    arnepunktarnepunkt Registered User regular
    Great.

No signature, because signatures are a waste of space. Äh, what? Anyway, check this out: http://arnereport.net
  • Options
    Robot FeverRobot Fever gets the blood flowing Registered User regular
    Stir that chick till there's hot stock runoff

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Still want a full Trenches 4th panel, but this is nice too. :)

Gaslight on
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    easily a top 5 patv episode, so so funny

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    19southmainco19southmainco Registered User regular
    The part about Toots made me crack up. Now when I think about him, I think of all the people on the forums going 'mascot characters are fucking dumb' and Jerry's right behind them going 'yea, fuck that stupid rabbit'.

onward, stalwart steed
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Mike wrote:
    I would bang the shit out of Cora.

yCf1f.jpg

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    MlsterBenMlsterBen Registered User regular
    I really liked the music, but when I went to Alex Mauer's website the stuff he had there was nothing like what was in PATV. Rather than kind of relaxing techno, it's all chiptune. It's good chiptune, I'll give him that, but that's a genre I can never listen to just to listen to it.

Is there any place to find the music he puts in PATV?

(P.S. This is the second episode of PATV I've ever watched, so I don't know if he does the music in all the other episodes. If he does, I'd be more than glad to throw my dollars at him.)

• Options
    Jerry's face when he finishes the rap is a little disturbing, like there is a force inside him which he truly cannot control, he hears himself speaking the words but doesn't know where they're coming from.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Jerry's face when he finishes the rap is a little disturbing, like there is a force inside him which he truly cannot control, he hears himself speaking the words but doesn't know where they're coming from.

It's the eyes that got me.

Like he was reading off of an invisible tablet floating in front of his face.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Ladai wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

It's the eyes that got me.

Like he was reading off of an invisible tablet floating in front of his face.

Yes, precisely.

• Options
    On second viewing, I realize that everyone (read: jeff and khoo) is wearing a bitchin First Party jacket.

want

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    I did that interview after being on a plane for 15 hours. I sound like I had too much caffeine.

Also, Jerry is awesome.

Some guy.
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I did that interview after being on a plane for 15 hours. I sound like I had too much caffeine.

Also, Jerry is awesome.

Wait, they actually let you leave the office for something other than PAX? And the office didn't go up in flames while you were away? :o

• Options
    cralkwcralkw SwedenRegistered User new member
    edited February 2012
    MlsterBen wrote: »
    I really liked the music, but when I went to Alex Mauer's website the stuff he had there was nothing like what was in PATV. Rather than kind of relaxing techno, it's all chiptune. It's good chiptune, I'll give him that, but that's a genre I can never listen to just to listen to it.

Is there any place to find the music he puts in PATV?

(P.S. This is the second episode of PATV I've ever watched, so I don't know if he does the music in all the other episodes. If he does, I'd be more than glad to throw my dollars at him.)

If you hear a tune that tickles your brain in any of the episodes you can find the artist name and title of it under the section 'Like this music' on the same page as the flash player. Each song is linked to the musicians website.
    I dont think that there is a collection of all the specific tracks that is created by him/any of the other chiptune artists that they use music from, but if you go into the PAShop and search for Alex Mauer you can find a album created by him called 9999, you can obviously find the album on his own website to but to but it's cheaper on the PAShop if im not mistaken.
    But to answer your question regarding where you can find his music that is put in the episodes: if you have watched the episodes form season one i think that you will recognize quite a few of the songs from the album 9999, but my best advice is to look at the episodes and then look up the music yourself in 'Like this music' section that i mentioned.
    Hope this will help you in any way.

cralkw on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    On second viewing, I realize that everyone (read: jeff and khoo) is wearing a bitchin First Party jacket.

want

I wish to also say that I want to see these in the store. They are awesome!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    +1 to that. I love the First Party look but I've never been into polos. A jacket or fleece though, take my money.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    the first thing that struck me was how good those jackets look.

the second thing was how well Kurtz, Mike, and Jerry work together.

so, erm, the moral of the story is that i would pay mucho dolares for a swank First Party jacket.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DextolenDextolen Registered User regular
    This episode made me like Trenches more. Maybe I just need them to read it to me...

• Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Yeah, it made Trenches much more comical to see it this way. I guess I've been reading it wrong. I was taking it too seriously, which is kind of bizarre in hindsight.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    The end was the best

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    bakorbakor Registered User regular
    This was without a doubt the best episode of Penny Arcade: The Series so far. I signed up to the forums just to say that (for some reason I had problems getting the confirmation email for the past couple weeks). I really hope a Trenches: 4th Panel spin-off will become reality.
    Great work all!

PS - It's ok Mike. I didn't notice Erika's glasses in that episode. :p