As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Tyrannofex/Tervigon is ridiculously big. Check out its size on the bottom row near a Carnifex.

6531dce99b69d5f8b868914371d911c3_494.jpg__thumb

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Needs more space wolves

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Dayspring, I need examples of that "twisted ornate" look. I tried, failed, and settled on mutation.

Oh, shit son.
    Let me find the Plog that basically inspired my entire army.

Here we go.

Apparently he works for Forgeworld now. His Emperor's Children showed up again on What's New Today last year or so. I hold out a faint glimmer of hope that he's secretly working on a FW Emperor's Children line.

Oh yeah! I've seen those marines before. I guess I just went the opposite way on my dudes. Oh well, mutation and loud colors work on Slaanesh marines, right?

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I suppose I should post this here. And since it's technically Saturday, I should have no problems. The 25th Anniversary model has a nice box. with a flip cover and everything. Shows off the model nicely. Uh oh, it has the dreaded Finecast on it! Unboxing spoilerd for safety:
    425.jpg

427.jpg

428.jpg

Open it up and this is what you get:

429.jpg

There a 60 mm base, with a nice scenic hill for the marine to stand on, and a 25 mm base to actually base him with to fit on the promontory of the hill.

434.jpg

The marine himself is in 5 separate pieces, all on the same sprue, including the severed ork head "club" he has.

433.jpg

Then there is the banner. It's pretty nice, with two scroll, one on top which reads "crimson" and one below the fist symbol which naturally enough reads "fists." All very nice and they would be perfect for my Imperial Fist model, without that "crimson" emblazoned over it.

436.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Since that text is recessed from the surface, it probably wouldn't be too hard to fill it in with green stuff (liquid maybe?) so you can write imperial in its place

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    You could liquid greenstuff in the CRIMSON and paint IMPERIAL over it.

Noob.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    that look ssweet, i just got done painting one of the new finecast necron lords, My big gorilla hands managed to snap off 2 small pieces and broke the staff , though it really looks nice.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Noob.

This I readily admit.I'm just worried about the quality of my art. I don't think my lettering will look anything like Imperial Gothic.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Tiny micron pen. Its the best for things like that.

Noob.

This I readily admit.I'm just worried about the quality of my art. I don't think my lettering will look anything like Imperial Gothic.

It was a joke.

A srs bzns joke.

IT WAS THE MOST SERIOUS JOKE.

But yeah, you could always print out something that says it and cut it out then use it as a stencil.

edited February 2012
    See, this is why I come here. I would not have thought of that.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    That model would be awesome without a beaky helmet

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I forgot you have bad opinions about beaky marines, nax

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So our 40k League is wrapping up tomorrow. Only 3 games left to play. Unfortunately there is a possibility of a 3 way tie for 3rd place, something I didn't expect. I've been trying to come up with a fair way to do a tie breaker, but I couldn't come up with a way to fairly do it. But since your final placement determines the order you will pick a prize from the pile, I needed to do something. So tomorrow, after all the games are done, we will be having Character Battles on that custom corridor terrain out store has to split all ties!

Here are the rules I came up with yesterday for it:
    - Your character must be a single HQ choice from your Codex. (IG can take a command squad)
    - No special characters.
    - Wargear can be purchased as normal
    - Your character cannot exceed 200pts.
    - Your character does not need to be WYSIWYG

- In the case of a 2-way tie you will face the other player's character in a single combat.
    - In the case of a 3-way tie you will face each of the other player's characters 1 on 1.
    - Best record wins. In case of a further tie you will fight again with the same characters.

- Battles will take place on Meeplemart's sci-fi corridor terrain.
    - All battles will have the same layout.
    - You will roll off to deploy.
    - Deployment is allowed anywhere in the terrain, but at least 2 corridors away from the other character.
    - Roll off for first turn.

Sharp101 on
    That contest makes DE Archons and SM SS chars pretty badass. Although a Hive tyrant with TL Devs would be pretty ridiculous.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    This is Dave, Lorand, and Claudio as the potentials?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    edited February 2012
    It's 11 games total, with a 3-5-7 pt system. So the possibility of a 3 way tie is Dave-Lorand-Raf (if Raf wins his last game) at 65 pts.

So it would be either BA-Necron or BA-Necron-Necron character battle for the 2nd place tie break.

I know the BA player will probably be running a Librarian with SS, and Dave should be bringing a Destroyer Lord with Mindshackle Scarabs.

We will be doing this for tiebreaks anywhere else in the standings as well, depending if the outcome of the other two games to be played cause ties.

Sharp101 on
    I was looking at mindshackle scarabs and a tesseract labyrintMaybe a tachyon arrow. A 200 point lord gets all sorts of neat toys. What would have been the ruling if a Tervigon was used?

There are no Nid players in the League, no so Tervigon :P

Actually, my original rules said an "Independent Character from your HQ selection" so that would rule out Tervigons as well.

Although if we had any Nid players with a Tervigon, I would probably allow it. It's all for fun anyway (and staying under 200pts would be a little tough)

I ought to paint this guy up as a nice Imperial Fist. And name him Nax. Nice, beaky, IF Nax.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Actually I think it would rule out anything other than a Tyranid Prime.
    Off to the GW.

Actually a guard CCS would be interesting in that battle. 180 points for 2 bodyguards, 4 plasma guns, 1 plasma pistol, power weapon, and carapace armor for the squad. Alittle cheaper if you want to swap out the plasma guns for four meltas to double out marines, then you have points to add a MoO.

The biggest redeeming quality of that miniature, is that the head is seperate, and can be replaced with a decent one

• DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    There are no Nid players in the League, no so Tervigon :P

Actually, my original rules said an "Independent Character from your HQ selection" so that would rule out Tervigons as well.

Although if we had any Nid players with a Tervigon, I would probably allow it. It's all for fun anyway (and staying under 200pts would be a little tough)

That'll change the next time around!

Oh wait, I would have to tie for 2nd place for it to matter. Dangit.

edited February 2012
    I got to play aginst an Eldar Corsairs list yesterday. If this is any indication of how a new eldar codex is going to be, it should be pretty sweet.

His list was 3 5 man cosair squads (2 with fusion guns, 1 with a flamer) in Falcons (BS4!) with pulse and scatter lasers. A 6 man cosair jetbike squad with two shuriken cannons. Three warp hunters (these things are nasty, 36'' barage large bast or shorter range hellhound D-cannons). A squadron of two hornets (what vipers should be) with 2xScatterlasers each. Two seperate hornets with 2 pulse lasers each. A corsair prince with shadowfield, and a +1s rending weapon. All the falcons and warp hunters had that roll 2d6 pick the lowest on the damage table wargear.

It feels like playing a something like a more elite version of mech guard, fewer numbers, more durable, better quality of shooting if alittle less, and very moble. I played that mech guard list I posted last thread, spear head, and the two objective mission. First thing I learned, if he gets first turn, go all in reserve if your deployment area is cramped. I tried out deploying only a few things, 2 hydras, manticore and a russ, and all but one hydra got blown up.

Once my stuff came on I started stunning, immobolizing, and blowing guns off tanks. He started doing the same, including wrecking one and immobolising the other 2 vendettas after they came in turn two. I mananged to get two chimers of vets (1 meltas, 1 plasmas) next to the immoblised falcon with his prince in it. Meltas blew it up, plasma squad killed off the last of the cosair squad and broke the prince's shadow field with a lasgun shot. Then the prince ate a multilaser shot and died.

Game ended turn 5. He had star engined a hornet to my objective, but a melta vets squad and CCS with plasmas killed it. He could have tied the game if he had moved his jetbike to his objective, but he wanted to kill the demo vet squad befor it could mutli assault a couple of immoble tanks, but I forgot to move one of my vet squads up to try to get to his objective too. So I held one, he only contested one. Think he ended up killing 6 kilpoints (vets +chimera, manticore, russ, vendetta, demo vets), I got 5 (hornet squadron, two cosair squads, prince, falcon). Everything but his warp hunters were immobilised by then, most missing guns too.

Next game the cosairs guy played a mech dark eldar list. DE guy got first turn, and the cosair seized on him. Because of how they deployed, every single DE skimmer in the guys list except the razorwing in reserve got destroyed first turn. Along with several witches and incubi. DE guy conseaded befor his turn 1.

Ogotai on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Eldar Corsairs? This a Forgeworld list, or something?

makosig.jpg
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Hit the GW store when I went on break at work. I got one of the pins and I bought a mouse pad. Didn't have time to look around at anything else, I had to run back to work.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote:
    Hit the GW store when I went on break at work. I got one of the pins and I bought a mouse pad. Didn't have time to look around at anything else, I had to run back to work.

Are they charging reasonable prices for the loot? Or are they charging $GW?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The mouse pad was 4.30. I didn't price the silicone bracelets or the poster since I didn't really want them.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Wow. That is a surprisingly reasonable price considering where it's coming from.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited February 2012
    Got my replacement Finecast model only to have the exact same issues. It always seems to rest with the main body more than anything else, giant chunks just missing. Not even small bubbles. Ugh.

DocSamson on
    @Ogotai - sounds like the best kind of game. The DE player learned the most valuable lessons of playing an Alpha strike list, "He who hits first, hits last."

• AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    Are there any solid rumours on what to expect for the next Chaos dex?

Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
    I think the DE player is the same guy that has fallen for the IG demo vets 1st turn assault before too.

And yeah cosairs are the FW army list out of IA11.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Alpharius wrote: »

Cultists.

Posters are $4. Dunno about the rest of the loot. The store here had 21 of the models and ran out of them in about as many minutes.

• ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular

Disappointment.

ben0207 wrote:

Disappointment.

We got you your favorite thing!

DocSamson wrote: »

The loser of Darrin and Matt's game will get 3pts and therefore tie you. So you will need to fight!

Sharp101 wrote: »
    DocSamson wrote: »

The loser of Darrin and Matt's game will get 3pts and therefore tie you. So you will need to fight!

Bwa? I wasn't going to be there until later in the afternoon, hopefully that's still enough time then. Maybe they'll tie it...

This discussion has been closed.